Mirah

I love you
Season 46
Episode 1
IT WAS GOOD
Chris Rock
Jim Carrey
Maya Rudolph
Megan Thee Stallion Musical Guest calls out the Kentucky Attorney General and said "We need to protect Black Women and Black Men!"

And all the staff did a great job. (Except that 1 guy, he was kind of wierd, but you know, there is always that one guy!)

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Season 46
Episode 1
IT WAS GOOD
Chris Rock
Jim Carrey
Maya Rudolph
Megan Thee Stallion Musical Guest calls out the Kentucky Attorney General and said "We need to protect Black Women and Black Men!"

And all the staff did a great job. (Except that 1 guy, he was kind of wierd, but you know, there is always that one guy!)
I am usually that one guy.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Carrey never ceases to amaze me. That was quite a performance in the opener.

Mirah

I love you
I am usually that one guy.

I just had an idea today.

You know how sometimes people do "insult contests" like how bad can you insult the other person?

Well I think a fun SNL skit could be "How bad can you insult yourself?" The self-deprecating game show! Its probably going to suck! ( I mean they shouldn't go overboard on that-it can get old quickly"

but basically there will be a host and 2 or 3 other people and they will start off "My mom wears combat boots" and then someone else will say, "Oh yeah?! Actually my mom works in a combat boot factory" or something like that.
But then they will get interupted by the PC police who will say, "Actually both of those insults are not insults anymore because combat boots are cool, and women wearing combat boots is fine and so are blue collar jobs"
And then the contestants will continue to insult themselves until one is declared the winner

AND WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET????

Mirah

I love you
Bill Burr, not to be confused with Bill Barr is hosting SNL tonight and I'm already watching videos on youtube and twitter because its like my drug and I'm not okay and I have to have some SNL before I go to bed even if I can't watch it all on one run because I don't pay for TV just Hulu and stuff like that and Mellissa Villasenor is tweeting about loving Bill Burr and I'm like wtf because I didn't know who she was talking about and then now I had to check it out for myself. I love Melissa and I love SNL and stuff, this is a really long run on sentence and stuff because I'm eating like crap and not getting enough protein or vegetables oh and I forgot to mention that there was something about the musical guest because they wouldn't follow the rules about covid so someone else will be there and I might tell you about it later. Now Bill Burr is talking about woke women and white women or something and I'm just listening to the open well I mean he isn't Bill Hader, so he isn't like the same to look at so there is that.

Mirah

I love you
I have friends and relatives that do this. I'll be deep into a story and someone will correct a word or phrase I said. IT IS SO ANNOYING!

Mirah

I love you
Okay I have 2 SNL's to catch up on. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? I don't know. LIFE MAYBE!

Okay, so I have a new thing where I will put on SNL while I am making dinner on a Sunday night. So I can hear it, and I think, "That sounded funny" or "Well this isn't funny, I'll turn on the fan"

I am super happy to see the cast wearing masks or face shields on the stage. I am curious what prompted that change.

I have some highlights coming up-one of which is Kenan singing YMCA and LOOKING HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mirah

I love you
I am currently
watching SNL
Which was recorded on Oct 24 but aired on Oct 31!!!!!!! Amazing! So it is really just Saturday Night then, not Live AT ALL!
Anyway
I am watching John Mulaney's opening monologue while finishing filling out my ballot. Yes My Ballot! I didn't early vote, but I will drop this in the ballot box tonight or tomorrow. Probably in a few minutes as soon as I finish it.
IF YOU Don't WATCH SNL WATCH THIS! IT IS FUCKING FUNNY OKAY! JOHN MULANY'S OPENING MONOLOGUE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
His musical sketches keep declining in funnyness though. I really liked Diner Lobster and the Bodega one was okay-ish, but the Airport Tighty Whiteys one is kinda meh.

Mirah

I love you
I never expect to like every sketch.
If I laugh heartily at at least 1 then I'm doin good. Okay, at least 2. and one weekend update sketch.

Mirah

I love you
Watching season 46 Episode 6
Hosted by Dave Chappelle
Interesting we are at 46 seasons, 46th President and I will be 46 next year. (But don't tell anyone! ((I think the current president actually said this once)))
So.........
It is an historic episode for sure!
I already saw the opening segment and I thought it was good.
Biden comes out on stage saying "Thank you Thank you Thank you! I can't believe it, and he said, I actually kind of can't" It was like having sex with Sting he said. What a release.
Biden of course played by Jim Carrey and Kamala played by Maya Rudolph. How lucky are we to see these two! Or these 4 for the next 4 years! :D

I don't think I've ever been brought to tears watching SNL-not true, check earlier in thread.
Anyway, opening skit was nice.

Mirah

I love you
Jason Bateman is hosting SNL tonight. Right now.
I don't get to watch it until tomorrow.
Do you think he will be funny?
He seems so serious, so dry, but I like him a lot.

Mirah

I love you
Which one?
I know he is on Arrested Development, Ozark, and many many more.
I fear watching SNL and he and the show isn't funny and then I don't want to watch any of his shows anymore!
It could happen!