All Things SNL

Mirah

I love you
I think this is going to be the only good thing to come from the show tonight
This is the last I will post about it.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It was ehhh okay nothing special. I didn't know the musical guest, some country singer that people seemed to think was a good guy. I don't do country.

Mirah

I love you
This is the conversation I just had in my head:

To Eggs: Can I come over and watch it with you?
And then I thought: Yeah, that would be great, then I would have to quarantine before and after, there isn't even enough time, but that would be so cool to watch SNL with Eggs. OMG Wow! I could watch SNL with Eggs over zoom or Twitch or something similar! But I don't have SNL live, so it wouldn't work, but it was a nice thought!

Is it strange that now suddenly I want to hear everyone in this forum laugh? I want to know what everyone sounds like! Send me your laugh trax!!!!

Mirah

I love you
John Mulaney has checked himself into rehab for alcohol and cocaine abuse. He has my 100% support! Anyone who tries to get sober does. I don't judge those who can drink or use and still have a normal life either. It is hard enough getting sober for a not famous person, I can't imagine getting sober in the public eye.

Mirah

I love you
Back to SNL In The Past!!!!!!

I randomly chose an episode tonight and it happened to be Season 2 Episode 22

Another Buck Henry host.

The scene opens with Jimmy Carter on a stationary bike and he is powering the television cast, generating power by pedaling. His bike also has a basket. His wife and mother are standing by and they each take a turn on the bike. (The mother of course falls off the bike, but she comes back strong to say "Live from New York.....")

I must say that this is an idea that I have had! Maybe I am not the first, maybe I have seen it somewhere already.

Original air date on this episode is May 21 1977

Opening Monologue, Buck Henry is told he can do whatever he likes, so he chooses to do a live sex act on stage........
I'm just going to leave it to your imagination to what happens.

I am still watching but wanted to get these opening scenes out of the way.

Mirah

I love you
Next scene is the dean's office in which Jamal, a black student is waiting for the Dean. When the dean arrives he references the sex act he performed on stage, or didn't perform. Jamal wants to discuss the black student union.
Next enters Samuri BMOC "Samuri Big Man On Campus" The dean must fail him. When the Samuri learns of his demise he threatens to kill himself-by actions-not words, all words are spoken in gibberish. Then the dean changes his mind.

There is nothing racist or stereo typical about this sketch at all.

Mirah

I love you
Next we have Bill Murray singing in the shower pretending to be a television announcer and then his wife joins him and tells him to quite clowning around. And then he introduces the man she has been having an affair with.

Then the part I was wating for: A conehead skit. I think this is my first time watching a full conehead scene. It appears to be the last that will air also. (But I'm probably wrong)

Mirah

I love you
Now this is the most shocking thing thus far:

Jane Curtain announces that a billionaire in Texas by the name of Sandra West had passed away and was buried in her ferrari as requested. I had to look this up-and it appears to be true!

628x471.jpg

Mirah

I love you
I watched S2 E21 hosted by Shelley Duvall. I must say I like her alot.
Also the episode seemed to last for 5 hours. I played it in the background as I looked at twitter and FB.

Further research:

I'm going to keep researching her. What a life and it seems she is experiencing mental illness now.

Last edited:

Mirah

I love you
I have not watched last night's episode hosted by Dan Levy, but I did see this segment from the Weekend Update. I love the twins! This was a great parody of them. It looks like it will be a good show.

Mirah

I love you
Colin Jost showed a picture of Mich McConel and said he looks like he just watched a kid fall through the ice.
I tried not to laugh and then I started laughing and I can't stop and it hurts.
I am afraid I won't be able to finish watching the show today.

Please note, it is the kind of laughter fueled by eating improperly, not getting the right amount of sleep and just a mild dissatisfaction with life. It leaves one feeling light headed and it won't last long. But if it lasts longer than 6 hours I'll call my doctor.