Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being True To Yourself...

Friday

Bazinga!
Yeah, this is one of those types of threads that 6 hates (but not so much, anymore ;) ).

I just had an epiphany. Everyone is born with certain gifts, and a certain personality. Comparing yourself to someone else, and wishing you can be more like them, for whatever reason, is a betrayal of self.

Some people are sexual, some are warm and nurturing, some are playful, some are deep and logical thinkers. To discount what you are, in favor of another trait that you perceive as better, is downright foolish. Your gift is no less valid than someone else's. We surround ourselves with the people we surround ourselves with, for a reason. If you are wise, you learn to appreciate, and cherish, the diverse nature of the people in your life.

And, if you're lucky, change a little in the process. :)

Friday said:
Yeah, this is one of those types of threads that 6 hates (but not so much, anymore ;) ).

I just had an epiphany. Everyone is born with certain gifts, and a certain personality. Comparing yourself to someone else, and wishing you can be more like them, for whatever reason, is a betrayal of self.

Some people are sexual, some are warm and nurturing, some are playful, some are deep and logical thinkers. To discount what you are, in favor of another trait that you perceive as better, is downright foolish. Your gift is no less valid than someone else's. We surround ourselves with the people we surround ourselves with, for a reason. If you are wise, you learn to appreciate, and cherish, the diverse nature of the people in your life.

And, if you're lucky, change a little in the process. :)
I love you the way you are Friday, I wouldn't want you to change.

I love the way you are too Friday and I wouldn't change you either. As for me, I love who I love and if you're lucky enough to be loved by me and not totally betray me you'll be loved well and forever...And I'll make you laugh, that's my gift.

Laker_Girl said:
I love the way you are too Friday and I wouldn't change you either. As for me, I love who I love and if you're lucky enough to be loved by me and not totally betray me you'll be loved well and forever...And I'll make you laugh, that's my gift.

This is so you!!! I mean it. I think you probably are loyal to a fault to those you trust and love.

That's a great quality BTW. Fierce and loyal and won't put up with any shit.

;)

Thank you Love Child and L_G. Your words were very sweet. However, it is true that we should always strive to grow, and become better people.

Caitriona said:
That's a great quality BTW. Fierce and loyal and won't put up with any shit.
This is true. I feel grateful that I have nurtured friendships with those that have those very qualities. ;)

No, you're not TQ. I see a great big heart under all that logical holocaust denying. :)

But your secret is safe with me. ;)

Yeah, this is one of those types of threads that 6 hates (but not so much, anymore ).

And, if you're lucky, change a little in the process.

This is so true. Mozart's gift for writing opera is no less valuable than Jeffery Dhamer's gift for killing people like swine. What an epiphany!

Fuck it, Wordin. I've lost my patience with you. All this time I've been here, and I don't feel like I've ever really "met" you.

Can't you drop the fucking persona, for once? What the hell are you afraid of? You are an intelligent young man, yet you choose to hide behind a string of needlessly long diatribes, that I'm sure are meant to hide the fact that you're as unsure about life as the rest of us.

Yeah, we challenge each other in here, but even those I vehemently disagree with, I feel like I've gotten to know. BDM and I don't see eye to eye on a thing, yet I could tell, underneath his posts, that he's a deeply committed father, who loves his son dearly.

6's and my politics don't completely mesh either, but we've become very close friends, in spite of our world view.

Vulnerability, Wordin. Not being afraid to let a little of the RL person shine through. All of us has shown it at one point or another. Except you. And this is why you are mercilessly teased. It's easy to goad a stranger, harder if you know the person, almost impossible on a regular basis if there is some affinity. Which I'm sure there would be, on my part, for you...

If you only learned to be fucking real!

WordInterrupted said:
This is so true. Mozart's gift for writing opera is no less valuable than Jeffery Dhamer's gift for killing people like swine. What an epiphany!

*snicker*

I was about to make some smart ass comment, but I can't come up with one better than that.

Friday said:
Fuck it, Wordin. I've lost my patience with you. All this time I've been here, and I don't feel like I've ever really "met" you.

Can't you drop the fucking persona, for once? What the hell are you afraid of? You are an intelligent young man, yet you choose to hide behind a string of needlessly long diatribes, that I'm sure are meant to hide the fact that you're as unsure about life as the rest of us.

Yeah, we challenge each other in here, but even those I vehemently disagree with, I feel like I've gotten to know. BDM and I don't see eye to eye on a thing, yet I could tell, underneath his posts, that he's a deeply committed father, who loves his son dearly.

6's and my politics don't completely mesh either, but we've become very close friends, in spite of our world view.

Vulnerability, Wordin. Not being afraid to let a little of the RL person shine through. All of us has shown it at one point or another. Except you. And this is why you are mercilessly teased. It's easy to goad a stranger, harder if you know the person, almost impossible on a regular basis if there is some affinity. Which I'm sure there would be, on my part, for you...

If you only learned to be fucking real!

Here's a hint for you.

He's a troll.

Deal with it.

Fuck it, Wordin. I've lost my patience with you.

Oh, woe is me!

Friday, I don't post at TK to fulfill your emotional needs. I know you like to latch onto other posters like a sucker fish, but you should abandon all hope of latching onto me.

WordInterrupted said:
Oh, woe is me!

Friday, I don't post at TK to fulfill your emotional needs. I know you like to latch onto other posters like a sucker fish, but you should abandon all hope of latching onto me.

Not to mention that she'll switch from emotionally needy/semi-sweet to snotty bitch.

Sorry, not buying the sweetness or honesty or whatever the fuck you're trying to promote.

Wordy's post made me laugh.

No, Wordin.

I am not the first poster to tell you to drop the persona. I just made the grievous error to think that you'd like to be taken a more seriously. Your posturing is what's given you your nancy boy reputation. Perhaps you enjoy that.

Very well. I won't stand in the way.

Have at him, guys...

Friday said:
No, you're not TQ. I see a great big heart under all that logical holocaust denying. :)

But your secret is safe with me. ;)

'Course I have a heart! (I wouldn't know I'm evil if I didn't!) :D

T'Bonz said:
Wordy's post made me laugh.

Wordy's continuing existence despite the abundance of anvils, bowling balls, cliffs, blowtorches and ballpeen hammers in this world we live in makes me laugh.