Believe in THAT Change, Barry

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

jack

WE got a democratic Governor despite Tea Party Big Bucks, so at least SOMEONE got it right.

We also have Bernie and Leahy so fuck y'all in the neck.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
The irony most Tea Partiers will face when they eventually sober up is that their so-called "grass roots movement" was completely invented and funded by the Koch brothers conservative oil billionaires who happened to take a large interest in a couple of supreme court judges who then voted in favor of overturning campaign finance laws, which in turn led to a bunch of shadow organizations pumping millions into republican campaigns. Americans for Prosperity? Koch bros. Tea party? Koch bros. Beginning to see the picture now?

Consumer

Elder Statesman
I do think it's going to be a "trade off".

Whatever party's in power is not going to get things "fixed" in 2-4 years, causing a turn-over each time.

The way to break this cycle: claim "gridlock" by a opposing party takeover of one side of congress or in a presidential vs congress fight. Looks like they got that.

This Republican win will hand the Democrats all kinds of ammo for 2012, and probably will get Obama re-elected due to "it's not his fault, the GOP gridlocked congress" battle-cry.

Meh, I want to move to Hawaii and secede (or sell the entire place to Japan...I like Japanese culture).

We (the USA) are so screwed.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
The irony most Tea Partiers will face when they eventually sober up is that their so-called "grass roots movement" was completely invented and funded by the Koch brothers conservative oil billionaires who happened to take a large interest in a couple of supreme court judges who then voted in favor of overturning campaign finance laws, which in turn led to a bunch of shadow organizations pumping millions into republican campaigns. Americans for Prosperity? Koch bros. Tea party? Koch bros. Beginning to see the picture now?

This.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
We do.

The 'Want some' (Democrats)

And the 'Want it all' (Republicans)

No. They're two wings of the same bird. And that bird is of course, the Dodo. One wants big government through tax and spend another wants big government through borrow and spend. They both want the same thing. Control over your life and your money.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
No. They're two wings of the same bird. And that bird is of course, the Dodo. One wants big government through tax and spend another wants big government through borrow and spend. They both want the same thing. Control over your life and your money.

However, when the time comes that we in America are all flat broke and destitute, the real difference between Democrats and Republicans will become obvious. Democrats, through social programs and entitlements, want to make sure that when we become smart enough to see what's been going on, they've left us enough so can still feed our families and go to work. That way, it's not THEIR doorsteps we show up on with the pitch forks and torches. Republicans on the other hand don't care about consequences and haven't thought that far ahead.

Homo Erectus

I have a theory that republicans are just mean people who don't want to share. They were the kids who always awlways got to pick first because it was their ball and bat, and never learned how to play nice with others.

jack

Actually the Republicans are the ones who shit in the sandbox, and the Democrats eat said shit.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
I have a theory that republicans are just mean people who don't want to share. They were the kids who always awlways got to pick first because it was their ball and bat, and never learned how to play nice with others.

I always figured that they were yesterdays school yard snots. You know, the kids that, while we were showing up to school at 16 in an old beater that we paid for with a part time job after school, worked for on the farm or mom and dad might have paid half on the 500 dollar pile of junk, they were showing up in the shiny, brand new BMW that mommy and daddy bought them for turning 16. And that's were the entitled mentality started with these kids. Why work for the nice things when we can have someone else do it for you?

The Question

Eternal
Sarek said:
Why work for the nice things when we can have someone else do it for you?

That sounds more like the lib'rulz than the conservatives. Notice I didn't say 'Demmunists' or 'Repubicunts'. The party lines don't reflect the political stances we're supposed to think they do.