Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Believe in THAT Change, Barry

O`s Above & Beyond primitive political parties & labels.

I know Bar has that L-D label/association, but that's just for convience's sake.

Oprah summed up O best as:

The One.

:usa2:

That sounds more like the lib'rulz than the conservatives. Notice I didn't say 'Demmunists' or 'Repubicunts'. The party lines don't reflect the political stances we're supposed to think they do.

I've been noticing that. The tea party of a good example. It consists of members of both parties and both beliefs. The ultimate irony is seeing tea bagger on welfare siding with the tea party and thinking the entitlements she receives will be ok if they get their way.

Maybe that person doesn't think so. Maybe, like an alcoholic just before or after the "moment of clarity", she knows she's sick and addicted, but while the stuff is still there, she's too weak to leave it behind, so she's cheering for the party that will take it away. Why not do without it if she's already at that point? Who knows, but the dynamic does play out that way often enough to be worth thinking about.

Maybe that person doesn't think so. Maybe, like an alcoholic just before or after the "moment of clarity", she knows she's sick and addicted, but while the stuff is still there, she's too weak to leave it behind, so she's cheering for the party that will take it away. Why not do without it if she's already at that point? Who knows, but the dynamic does play out that way often enough to be worth thinking about.

What was her name?