Best BSG death (in final season)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Limited to only ten poll options here FOR SOME REASON.

CaptainWacky

I went with Dualla's suicide as it's always shocking seeing a pretty girl blowing her own head off and it left me shaken. But really could have been most of them.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Dee was the most shocking one for me, with Boomer a close second (surprisingly). I knew Boomer was about to get offed, but I thought it'd be one shot to the head, not getting riddled. :D

CaptainWacky

No, it was unusually tame for her.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I voted for Anders, but I did like the fact Tory was strangled almost to the point of death before her neck was snapped, rather than going straight to the neck snapping.

CaptainWacky

She had time to think about what she'd done.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Tory's death was the most satisfying!

CaptainWacky

Does battlestar wiki just make shit up?

The Racetrack character had a fanatical cult following with the fans, and spawned an anti-Racetrack movement that resembled populist rage and outcry. By killing off the character, RDM gave the anti-Racetrack fans what they had been begging for, but only in the last episode.

Anti-Racetrack fans?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They must, I've never heard of any anti-Racetrack fans. I'm sure there were a few who didn't like her, just like there were people who hated Baltar.

CaptainWacky

I wonder if there were anti-Doral fans.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
You know what I think about wikis. Bunch of self important tossers who don't care how accurate the info is until someone outside of their clique is the one adding it. I've never heard of an anti-Racetrack group before. Probably the same morons who wanted to sue poor old Jane Espadrilles.

CaptainWacky

I seriously doubt Ron was thinking "have to do something for the anti-Racetrack movement!" when writting her death into the script either.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, that's just stupid. If he was listening to fans, he should have listened to me and KILLED HELO :rwmad:

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
If anything I think he was pandering to the pro-Racetrack people (LIKE ME) when he not only brought her back from prison but had her DESTROY THE ENTIRE CYLON COLONY AFTER SHE DIED because of how kick-ass she is.

CaptainWacky

EXACTLY. AND SHE'S NOT DEAD. THE CENTURIONS WILL FIND HER AND MARRY HER.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I voted for Anders as well, but Tory getting strangled by googley-eyed Tyrol is a close second.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I probably need to watch the episode again, but I don't get why Anders needed to fly the ships into the sun. Surely they have autopilots or cruise control? And I'm sure they could've helped him recover if they really wanted to. Just seemed like they sent him into the sun because Adama wanted a shack.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Anders couldn't live without life support, and they wanted to start again with no technology, so that left him either dying on earth very quickly, going off with the centurians, or going out in a blaze of glory.

For all we know Anders could have chosen this end, he did seem a little more lucid after the other final four put their hands in his bath.