Better Call Saul

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
(Bob Odenkirk had a heart issue and collapsed on set, I was concerned and posted about it yesterday, there was a server problem today and all of yesterday's posts were lost.)

Anyway, seems like he's going to be okay.

CaptainWacky

It is a cultural touchstone of our times.

CaptainWacky

FINAL SEASON

CaptainWacky

Betsy Kettleman is hot.

MODMAN

Betsy Kettleman is hot.

Haha ... she caught my eye as well. Very curvaceous little package!

I loved the look Hector gave Gus. Not the face of a man deep in mourning, but a look of assuredness. The scene afterwards with Gus knocking over the glass underscored how Hector rattled him.

Fuck this series is good. Yo Picard writers - if you want a deep, contemplative and gripping character study, give Gilligan and Gould a call and see if they'll toss you some pointers.

MODMAN

Why helloooo ...
54a01b11b7051372921407a2bb32950a.jpg

CaptainWacky

^That would be deleted on TrekBBS.

CaptainWacky

BUT THAT PIC OF KIRK WITH THE PENIS ROCK IS FINE. #doublestandards

CaptainWacky

Nach-nooooo.

MODMAN

Damn.

Heh - fuck you Hector. I also enjoyed him making Gus sweat, albeit briefly.

Props to Huell for asking some very reasonable questions of our dubious duo.

CaptainWacky

Huell fucking rules and I suspect that this is the last time we'll ever see him.

It's interesting that everyone in that scene with Nacho, even secretly watchig Mike, ends up dead by the end of Breaking Bad. Like Nacho cursed them.

CaptainWacky

Jimmy as Howard was hilariious.

CaptainWacky

FUCK.

MODMAN

Watching their plan come together was delicious.

But yeah - FUCK. Howard could be a prick but didn't deserve that. Talk about wrong place, wrong time.

I liked how he reasonably listed every grievance they might have with him and asked how any of it could justify such a vicious attack? But as he said, it didn't matter. He'd bounced back from worse. But them? They would be the architects of their own destruction. And then ... candle flick.

Thing I love about this show is the slow burn episodes are still entertaining, engaging and incredibly well-written. But you know the pay off is coming and when it does, it'll knock it out of the park.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

It was like the plane crash from Breaking Bad, but with a bullet and Howard's head hitting each other instead of two planes.

CaptainWacky

The final episodes have begun. And another main castmember is dead!

MODMAN

Christ that was tense.

So Howard was in Breaking Bad the whole time, from a certain point of view.

Maybe the fly was Howard's ghost.

But seriously, I think we might be getting some extended screen time with Gene given his conspicuous absence in the season opener; also, things have more or less been wrapped up on the cartel front & ready for Breaking Bad to take over the narrative.

But more importantly and perhaps more likely, is this the beginning of the end of Jimmy and Kim? No going back to normal. . . ?