Blacks have lower IQ's, make poorer decisions

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
You do realize that "90-110" falls within one standard deviation of the average IQ of 100 on each side. With 50% of the black population falling within that range, and another 40% falling in groups that share 1 SD from average, that means the black population has an average IQ.

However, look at the high percentages in the lower category...<75 as compared to the smaller numbers in the higher category 125>. This means that statistically, the dumbassed decisions listed here don't have a correlation to IQ. Other factors could be at play: upbringing, economic/social/cultural disadvantages...etc.

RWC

Economic/social/cultural disadvantages would be overcome with a higher IQ.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
RWC said:
Economic/social/cultural disadvantages would be overcome with a higher IQ.
Not always. There are tons of smart kids kept out of college because of poverty, family aversion to higher education. Factor in deviant viewpoints about marriage and married life, about handling money, etc.

High IQ doesn't always equate good social skills or goal flexibility. One of the most beautiful and intricate paintings I've ever seen was done on the inside of a boxcare by a hobo.

Edited.

RWC

CoyoteUgly said:
Not always. There are tons of smart kids kept out of college because of poverty, family aversion to higher education. Factor in deviant viewpoints about marriage and married life, about handling money, etc.

Blacks on the same economic level as whites have more of an advantage thanks to quotas and social programs. Did you bother to look at the chart? Those other factors are factored in, hence blacks, who generally speaking have lower IQ's, make poorer decisions.

High IQ doesn't always equate good social skills or goal flexibility. One of the most beautiful and intricate paintings I've ever seen was done on the inside of a boxcare by a hobo.

I didn't know I had to qualify my statments with "by and large". Of course there are exceptions to the rule. But if the balance were more in the center the exception wouldn't be so notable.

RWC

CoyoteUgly said:
You do realize that "90-110" falls within one standard deviation of the average IQ of 100 on each side. With 50% of the black population falling within that range, and another 40% falling in groups that share 1 SD from average, that means the black population has an average IQ.

Also wrong. There is a relatively small percentage of blacks that reach the 110+ IQ, not 20% as you've suggested.

400px-Sketch-4race-transparent.png

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
RWC said:
Blacks on the same economic level as whites have more of an advantage thanks to quotas and social programs. Did you bother to look at the chart? Those other factors are factored in, hence blacks, who generally speaking have lower IQ's, make poorer decisions.

How can you "factor in" items such as economic level when you're attempting to show a correlation between IQ and poor decisions? Who wrote this chart...David Duke?

Let me put it this way: having an above average IQ hasn't been proven as being affected by social or economic status. You'd think it would be: access to better schools, books, and all that. But it's not. There's tons of smart kids from poor white trash families...and "by and large" isn't an accurate measurement.

IQ can be affected by diet in youth...think the blacks where I live don't eat well? They certainly do.

Again, who the fuck wrote this chart anyway? I'd be more impressed if the increments were actually broken down by SDs or multiples thereof...like this:
<70---85---100---115---130---145>

Then see where the percentage lay. With this chart, 50% lie well within 1 SD of average, but 20% overlap the dividing line between SDs on each side. Of each 20%, what percentage fall within 1 SD of average and what percentage fall into the next group? You can't tell. The fact that 5% fall in each outlyer group gives me some hope that these stats might possibly be correct, but right now that chart is useless.

Your original assertion that "blacks have lower IQ, make poorer decisions" is false or at least not supportable by the evidence you provided. In fact, if we took just 5% out of those two groups of 20% I mentioned and added to the 50% that fall well within the average range (to amend for your bad stats), that means 60% fall within that average range.

The second part of your thread title doesn't hold either since you provide no stats for whites, hispanics, or asians against which we can compare. Blacks make poorer decisions...as compared to who? Everyone else? Show it!

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
RWC said:
Also wrong. There is a relatively small percentage of blacks that reach the 110+ IQ, not 20% as you've suggested.

400px-Sketch-4race-transparent.png

But your first chart shows 50% falling within 1SD of average. Now you're contradicting yourself.

Come back with real stats that can be read. Or at least get your shit together.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
HAPPY 4000TH POST FAKE VULCAN GUY

RWC

How can you "factor in" items such as economic level when you're attempting to show a correlation between IQ and poor decisions? Who wrote this chart...David Duke?

The chart was taken from an objective source that was neither confirming nor denying any "racial superiority". It is but one of many charts on race and intelligence. It's a pretty consistent statistic; blacks rank lowest, Asians rank highest. By your logic a chart by David Duke would have whites come out on top.

Let me put it this way: having an above average IQ hasn't been proven as being affected by social or economic status. You'd think it would be: access to better schools, books, and all that. But it's not. There's tons of smart kids from poor white trash families...and "by and large" isn't an accurate measurement.

Having an above average IQ will lend leverage to critical thinking skills (making better decisions) and the tools for success that lead and create opportunity. Opportunity isn't predicated on race/nationality/pigmentation. It's available to all that are willing, able and have the drive to achieve. But then again, you've failed to acknowledge this because you're hung up on the exception rather than the rule.

It's quite possible that there are geniuses that have effectively thrown away their gift and have achieved nothing. It's also possible that there are those with an IQ of 75 that have accumulated significant wealth by legal means other than throwing a ball or winning the lottery; it's improbable but altogether possible. But let's realistic- these are exceptions.

IQ can be affected by diet in youth...think the blacks where I live don't eat well? They certainly do.

The only demonstrable affect and correlation diet has on IQ is those of the malnourished.

Again, who the fuck wrote this chart anyway? I'd be more impressed if the increments were actually broken down by SDs or multiples thereof...like this:
<70---85---100---115---130---145>

I'd be more impressed if you could actually prove a point without using artistic hobos and smart kids from white trash families as "evidence".
So far your stratagy has consisted of little more than arguing against the provided statistics because you don't like the data they convey, and attact the source as being racist. This is in logic is known as the fallacy on Poisoning the Well: trying to refute the statement or argument by showing that the speaker has a nonrational motive for adopting it. Not only does it not prove your point, it shows that your premise is so weak that it doesn't support your conclusion, hence a fallacy.
The second part of your thread title doesn't hold either since you provide no stats for whites, hispanics, or asians against which we can compare. Blacks make poorer decisions...as compared to who? Everyone else? Show it!

race_us_prison.jpg

Race, Population, and Incarceration

Source: Percentages calculated from data in Table 13, Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, "Prison and Jail Inmates at Midyear 2002," April 6, 2003. White and Black excludes Hispanics.
figure1.2.gif
___U.S. Population by Race
figure1.1.gif
___State and Federal Inmates by Race

But your first chart shows 50% falling within 1SD of average. Now you're contradicting yourself.
Come back with real stats that can be read. Or at least get your shit together.

To amend your poor reading comprehention look at the first chart again. It doesn't state ANYTHING about race. It's based on AMERICANS, period.

Further more, if you want to talk about the other social ills that are plaging the African American community, look at the chart again:

stupidboogy8md.jpg

Once again, this chart is based on AMERICANS, ALL AMERICANS, not just AFRICAN AMERICANS.

Further more, blacks and hispanics are dumbing down the average on the American IQ scale. They have lower IQ's, make poorer decisions and commit more crime then their white counterparts. Especially the blacks.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
RWC said:
The chart was taken from an objective source that was neither confirming nor denying any "racial superiority". It is but one of many charts on race and intelligence. It's a pretty consistent statistic; blacks rank lowest, Asians rank highest. By your logic a chart by David Duke would have whites come out on top.

Uh...I was referring to your first chart...the one with the cupcakeer picking his nose.

Having an above average IQ will lend leverage to critical thinking skills (making better decisions) and the tools for success that lead and create opportunity.

All other factors being equal, yes.

Opportunity isn't predicated on race/nationality/pigmentation. It's available to all that are willing, able and have the drive to achieve.

Are you fucking stupid?

But then again, you've failed to acknowledge this because you're hung up on the exception rather than the rule.

No, I'm hung up on valid stats.

It's quite possible that there are geniuses that have effectively thrown away their gift and have achieved nothing. It's also possible that there are those with an IQ of 75 that have accumulated significant wealth by legal means other than throwing a ball or winning the lottery; it's improbable but altogether possible. But let's realistic- these are exceptions.

At what level do they stop being exceptions? 5? 10? What?

The only demonstrable affect and correlation diet has on IQ is those of the malnourished.

Which proves my point. Good nutrition in the early years when the brain is developing goes a long ways toward good brain power.

I'd be more impressed if you could actually prove a point without using artistic hobos and smart kids from white trash families as "evidence".
So far your stratagy has consisted of little more than arguing against the provided statistics because you don't like the data they convey, and attact the source as being racist. This is in logic is known as the fallacy on Poisoning the Well: trying to refute the statement or argument by showing that the speaker has a nonrational motive for adopting it. Not only does it not prove your point, it shows that your premise is so weak that it doesn't support your conclusion, hence a fallacy.

Blah...blah...blah. Few people despise stupid cupcakeers more than I do. I do insist, however, that you get your facts straight.

race_us_prison.jpg

Race, Population, and Incarceration

Source: Percentages calculated from data in Table 13, Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, "Prison and Jail Inmates at Midyear 2002," April 6, 2003. White and Black excludes Hispanics.
figure1.2.gif
___U.S. Population by Race
figure1.1.gif
___State and Federal Inmates by Race

To amend your poor reading comprehention look at the first chart again. It doesn't state ANYTHING about race. It's based on AMERICANS, period.

Further more, if you want to talk about the other social ills that are plaging the African American community, look at the chart again:

stupidboogy8md.jpg

Once again, this chart is based on AMERICANS, ALL AMERICANS, not just AFRICAN AMERICANS.

Further more, blacks and hispanics are dumbing down the average on the American IQ scale. They have lower IQ's, make poorer decisions and commit more crime then their white counterparts. Especially the blacks.

Hey, you know...maybe it's just me, but when you start a thread claiming that blacks have lower IQs and make poorer decisions, then throw a chart up with a cartoon of a cupcakeer on it, it wouldn't be irrational to guess that the population on that chart would be...I dunno... black. If not, why throw the chart up? If the original chart were intended to show the general population, then you're not demonstrating your point.

This is seriously becoming boring. Either prove your point or admit you're an idiot. It's hard enough on those of us who hate cupcakeers without slackjawed kids like you making weak arguments for us.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
RWC said:

You make an interesting number of points here. Well, 'interesting', in the sense of the Thesaurus being that rewritten and that word appearing under 'torture'. So let us gradually pick your argument apart, without actually arguing by quote-breaking your tedium down, and randomly scattering my reply with visuals aids.

Having an above average IQ will lend leverage to critical thinking skills (making better decisions) and the tools for success that lead and create opportunity. Opportunity isn't predicated on race/nationality/pigmentation. It's available to all that are willing, able and have the drive to achieve. But then again, you've failed to acknowledge this because you're hung up on the exception rather than the rule.

Have you noticed how donuts without icing or castor sugar taste so much fluffier than their glop-covered counterparts? It is possible to believe that this could be related to race, but then I don't care. I just buy the donuts and eat them with a nice cup of tea.

It's quite possible that there are geniuses that have effectively thrown away their gift and have achieved nothing. It's also possible that there are those with an IQ of 75 that have accumulated significant wealth by legal means other than throwing a ball or winning the lottery; it's improbable but altogether possible. But let's realistic- these are exceptions

This is flawed in two ways. Firstly, nobody but you really cares. Secondly, you've posted it in Speak Freely, where arseholes like me can wander in and pad your thread out with distracting posts such as this. Most members are probably grateful for the diversion. Let us have a look at what most members probably feel about this thread when trying to read through it.

Pie1.jpg

As you can see the dispersal is quite unanimous in two fields. Clearly most members with testicles would rather be adjusting them then actually taking part in this argument. Perhaps we should be worried by this, but I, as a casual observer would say 'good for them'.

All good points. Particularly if you are a dreadfully boring little bugger, who wanders by on a less-than-regular basis, making a few cursory posts about wrestling and racial issues before disappearing into the Electronic Ether.

In fact, I feel that many of us will have quickly scrolled through this thread simply to see who the main players are, rather than actually have any interest in the material whatsoever. It is evident that the regular member will only be interested in who the largest arsehole is, so they can quickly decide who to flame first. Let's take a look at the facts.

Arse.jpg

Yes, yes, yes. Look at all the lovely visual aids. I see that by posting some pleasant little graphics, 'U R TEH WIN'. I feel we could all learn from this. In fact, I feel you have made such a splendid argument with their use, I have done so myself here in this very post. They do say that mimicry is the sincerest form of flatter. I just do it to take the piss out of you.

Yes. What a clever way to conclude. Now, as you can probably tell, I personally do not give a shit about your ramblings. Upon checking the thread I see a few other of TK's well educated members have already contributed. Mostly with a dash of disinterest, or simply to have a mild nibble at either yourself or CU. So let us see the final chart.

PieDisp.jpg

Yep. As you can see, I am clearly above the others in terms of not giving a fuck about your boring arguments or beliefs. It is clear, that if you were a Star Trek character, you'd be this guy:

240x320.jpg

Now, kindly find another fucking gimmick, you boring little shit, and above all, have a nice day!

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
LOL

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Gagh, I dispute your stats.

I should have a higher pecentage of arsehole.