Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bored? Come join the TK Soap Opera.

The witch threw her head back and giggled, amused at having startled the newarrivals..
"I seem to have lost my glass.. Anyone want to find me a new one?"

I am briefly distracted from the man in front of me when my attention is drawn to two newcomers entering the party. Neither one is the person I'm looking for.

Damn.

I flash the stranger a seductive smile, noticing that he appears to be slightly tipsy. This could work to my advantage.

"I'm here for the pleasure, sugar."

Before he can respond, I head over to the bar for a drink.

Shatna nudged the arm of his companion. "Hear that?" he whispered excitedly. "She said she's here for the treasure! Maybe we can help her find it and split it three ways!" EnglishRose looked at him, startled, and stifled a laugh.

"I think you could use a drink," she said, leading him to the bar.

"treasure, I think you'll find she said...never mind, let's get you that drink and a glass for the witch on the third floor, then we'll discuss the treasure and what to do with it if and when we find it

"A glass of your best Champagne," I tell the bartender.

I glance at the two new arrivals, standing beside me at the bar. Hmm. He may not be the one I'm looking for, but that doesn't mean I can't have some fun once the work is done...

The black car peeled away from the curb at the end of the block from the mansion. The driver smiled joylessly. She had watched the comings and goings at 1313 Troll Lane for at least an hour before deciding it was safe to venture forth. "Making sure", is what she told herself, "just making sure." She recognized few of the guests but rather than be put off, she found it comforting to be among total strangers. No one will know me, and no one will suspect.

. . .

I slid my car directly behind a recent arrival. The driver, a rather handsome man, was doing some sort of dance upon exiting the driver’s side door. It involved holding his head and chanting while stamping his feet. The striking woman who exiting from the passenger side door looked both amused and annoyed at her companion’s display. She said something to him I could not make out, but the handsome driver ceased his dancing, looking both pained and chagrined. I waited patiently until they entered through the front door of the mansion, as I wished to make an unseen and solo entrance.

I adjusted the rear view mirror to check my makeup. Satisfied, I slowly exited the car, scanning the street and immediate vicinity for prying eyes. My dress was a black classic affair, form fitting and cleverly designed to showcase the swell of my breasts and my beautiful legs. I adjusted the dress slightly and snatched up my beaded evening bag. “Mustn’t forget this.†I said to myself. The weight of the pistol and silencer contained within the black bag was comforting. “Okay, let’s get this over with. . .it’s show time!†I said as I proceeded to the front door. “This is going to be a bumpy ight.â€

Rose stared at the woman next to her at the bar, her eyes were drawn to the sparkling diamonds nestling in her impressive cleavage....she smiled, a treasure indeed.

She grabbed three glasses of champagne and handed one to her companion

"we have a witch waiting upstairs.....I know better than to keep a witch waiting"

Shatna grinned. "I agree," he said. Winking at the woman with the diamond necklace, he led the way to the stairs, where the witch was waiting above. Already his head was clearing, and there was a sense of... something in the air.

Meanwhile upstairs, the witch was waiting impatiently.. finally deciding on taking off her shoes before they dropped out of the sky.. But still too bored, still edgy she needed to play..
Barefoot she got up and dangerously balanced her way across the railing..

As they approached the room with the waiting witch, Rose paused, she turned and took a long hard look at her companion...her lips curved into a seductive smile "you're a little odd Mr, but you look delicious" she licked her lips "I bet you taste good" she shook her head and looked down at her drink "one sip and I'm anyones". She turned and entered the room "Miss Witch, where are you?we bought you a fresh glass

Sipping my Champange I briefly wonder what the two are chatting about with the witch, but don't care enough to go find out.

Rather, my attention is focused on a new arrival who seems to be...slinking in unnoticed. Training kicks in and I immediately size her up. Is she a friend or a foe? It is too soon to tell, but I'll keep an eye on her.

TQ notices, upon reaching the mansion, that everyone is speaking in Italics. What a strange custom, he thinks, getting a good look at the place.

Finishing the beer that he had been working on all night, he went to the bar, and returned his glass. Witches, enigmas, guests in the shadows. This 'party' was becoming more and more unpredictable all the time.

Checking his wallet, he notices he is low on money anyway, so he heads for the cloak room, to retrieve his jacket.

In the cloakroom, what should he find?

Not coats.

Not cloaks.

But a mysterious and oddly disturbing woman crying. Upon closer observation, he noticed she was quite stunning.

Perhaps stunning wasn't exactly the word. Nevertheless, a crying girl was never a pretty site. He bypassed the door, and knelt down next to her.

Excuse me miss, are you all right? Why are you crying?

'Leaving so soon?' I think watching the man who greeted me head to the cloak room. I dare lose sight of my subject to follow him.

The night is young. Besides, I have plans for him.

"Ugh, My head."

In a back alley Link finds himself lying on the ground, his jacket torn and his wallet missing. His head feels like a dozen jackhammers going off at the same time.

"That's the last time I take on a Russian in a drinking game..."

Staggering out of the dark alley, he is hit in the face by a leaflet blown by the howling wind. Tearing it off of him, he glances at it.

"A party huh.... 1313 troll lane." He smiles, "Sounds like fun."

The monitors each flickered for a moment as the camera's shifted, the moment of blackness reminded the watcher of a chess-board, black and white squares, but each white square held a face, or a figure, each moving in relation to each other. The watcher smiled.

It would be time to join the party soon enough, knowing that the figures all had their own movements, predictable in their way, harmless if one stayed outside of their little commanded squares, deadly if one didn't watch for the subtle move behind him opening up an opportunity.

The thing about the figures, is that most moved in straight lines. Some in every straight line like a Queen.

But then, there were at least two Knights on the board as well. Capable of moving in jumps.

A frown crossed his face, and he set the glass of amber colored liquid down next to the controls. Movement...the analogy only went so far. Chess was a game of cold strategy, and on this board, passion ruled with a far greater influence. The watcher rocked back in his chair for a few more moments, pressing his fingertips against each other, watching for passion as well as patterns.

And then, something caught his eye...