Bush Approval Rating

Here are Bush's latest numbers... Doesn't look like he is going to dig himself out of this hole for a while.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-05-08-bush-approval_x.htm
Bush approval rating hits new low
Updated 5/8/2006 1:42 PM ET
By Susan Page, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — President Bush's approval rating has slumped to 31% in a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll, the lowest of his presidency and a warning sign for Republicans in the November elections.
The survey of 1,013 adults, taken Friday through Sunday, shows Bush's standing down by 3 percentage points in a single week. His disapproval rating also reached a record: 65%. The margin of error is +/- 3 percentage points.

"It is a challenging political environment," acknowledges Tracey Schmitt, a spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee, "but we are confident that ultimately voters in November will recognize that a Democrat Congress would simply not be equipped to ensure either economic or national security for our nation."

Bush's fall is being fueled by erosion among support from conservatives and Republicans. In the poll, 52% of conservatives and 68% of Republicans approved of the job he is doing. Both are record lows among those groups.

Moderates gave him an approval rating of 28%, liberals of 7%.

"You hear people say he has a hard core that will never desert him, and that has been the case for most of the administration," says Charles Franklin, a political scientist at the University of Wisconsin who studies presidential approval ratings. "But for the last few months, we started to see that hard core seriously erode in support."

Only four presidents have scored lower approval ratings since the Gallup Poll began regularly measuring it in the mid-1940s: Harry Truman, Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter and the first George Bush. When Nixon, Carter and the elder Bush sank below 35%, they never again registered above 40%.

Truman twice sank into the low 30s and then rose into the 60s, but the third time his rating fell, it stayed below 40% as well.

"Historically it's been pretty devastating to presidents at this level," Franklin says. Even Republican members of Congress are "now so worried about their electoral fortunes in November that he has less leverage with them than he normally would with his own party controlling Congress."

If bush were to bring home troops and put them on the mexican border he would be doing better. That and stop pissing away money in craphole iraq. :(

I don't think things should go on like they are now. things must change.

Friday said:
Heh.

We (Dems) saw this coming. But did they (Republicans) listen? No. Now they are regretting their ill informed decision to vote this man, and his party, back into office. They fed off party rhetoric, without truly seeing behind all the flag waving and fear mongering.

They do say hindsight is 20/20.
Friday, you forget that Bush wasn't elected in 2000.

;)

I really think it'll be hard for the Republicans on elections this time around. I really don't see us having a Republican president next term...

Bush doesn't care about his approval rating. He's going to do whatever the hell he wants to do, and if you don't like it, it's too damn bad. If you're a Democrat, then you're gonna be pissed because the troops are staying in Iraq until Bush is out of office. If you're a Republican or a Libertarian, then you're gonna be pissed, because Bush throws money around like a rap star and refuses to do anything about the illegal immigrants.

Deni said:
I really think it'll be hard for the Republicans on elections this time around. I really don't see us having a Republican president next term...
I wouldn't mind another Republican in office, as long as he's one that realizes this country is in big trouble and won't stick his head in the sand and will end this war about nothing. Thankfully, there are more and more Republicans coming around to the idoicy that is the current administration every day.

Lou The Beagle said:
I wouldn't mind another Republican in office, as long as he's one that realizes this country is in big trouble and won't stick his head in the sand and will end this war about nothing. Thankfully, there are more and more Republicans coming around to the idoicy that is the current administration every day.

I'd be fine with either as long as they actually give a crap about where their responsiblities lie. With public opinion the way it is, though, they might have lost faith in the Republican party.

Then again, it might just be that people have lost faith in both parties. The approval rating on Congress was almost as low, wasn't it?

Deni said:

I really don't see having a Democrat President making any difference.

K Dogg said:
Bush doesn't care about his approval rating. He's going to do whatever the hell he wants to do, and if you don't like it, it's too damn bad. If you're a Democrat, then you're gonna be pissed because the troops are staying in Iraq until Bush is out of office. If you're a Republican or a Libertarian, then you're gonna be pissed, because Bush throws money around like a rap star and refuses to do anything about the illegal immigrants.

Hell, not only is he not stopping it, he's making it worse by his consistent bootlicking in Mexico's direction.

Bah. The hell with world government. National governments won't even follow the will of the people, there's no way in hell a world government would, because accountability to the people decreases inversely to position achieved. Bush is a perfect example of that.

THIS is what you idiots call trolling?

Jesus H. Christ, there's more fire in trolls on the yahoo message boards! where are all the contards? nobody on here is defending Bushco? What's up with that? and the abortion issue? where's your fundie troll to spew all sorts of Biblical crap about that? Oh, and for the record, I'm in favor of the availability of abortion on demand, and without restrictions. TROLL THAT ONE, YOU FUCKING RETARDS! (that is, if you can leave the bridge game for a few minutes, you bunch of pansy assed fucks!)

What you call "fire" we call stupidity. And there are all different kinds of trolling, Junior, not just the "OMGWTFLOL I YELLED 'FUCK' IN A CHURCH LOLBBQ!!!11oneone" type.

Most Republicans are not angry about the war. They're angry about spending, immigration, and other BS Bush is doing.

However, a Democrat will never be elected President with the campaign of "I hate George Bush" or "George Bush lied," which is all I have been hearing lately. Rather, the Democrats need to come up with some solutions to our current problems.

The Question said:
What you call "fire" we call stupidity. And there are all different kinds of trolling, Junior, not just the "OMGWTFLOL I YELLED 'FUCK' IN A CHURCH LOLBBQ!!!11oneone" type.

You're a fucking faggot.

K Dogg said:
Most Republicans are not angry about the war. They're angry about spending, immigration, and other BS Bush is doing.

However, a Democrat will never be elected President with the campaign of "I hate George Bush" or "George Bush lied," which is all I have been hearing lately. Rather, the Democrats need to come up with some solutions to our current problems.

I'm just disgusted with the way our government is handling everything. I get tired of hearing them whine and bitch. Even our state government is retarded...

Back