Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
STARTS TONIGHT AT TEN.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I wonder how long it will take for it to be on YouTube.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Not sure but it's worth looking for. It wasn't as polished as his annual roundups, but I think that's due to a combination of being written in a short time period, covering hot topics and not having the same central thread running through it that "this is what happened this year, in order" inevitably has. There were some laugh out loud moments and it hit my Charlie Brooker loving buttons.

CaptainWacky

I thought the Barry Shitpeas/Lady Shitpeas part went on for too long. And I don't think I even "get" Doug Stanhope anymore.

OTHERWISE GOOD.

Little girl with pink guns wtf.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I couldn't tell if Doug Stanhope was being serious. He's never positive about anything and if America's so great, why doesn't he live there?

CaptainWacky

Also were the stand-up bits actually from his stand-up or did they just fake it with fake audience noise?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It looked like fake audience noise plus a couple of people (cardboard cut outs?) silhouetted between him and the camera.

CaptainWacky

They were probably cardboard cut outs of Richard Madeley.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Fuck Doug Stanhope.

I feel very strongly in this regard.

CaptainWacky

I thought he was fine this week.

BUT GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK!

(Brooker should do a Will I Am Special Wipe.)

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I honestly wasn't aware of the Weekly Wipe until I saw this thread!

It made me realize I needed to come back in order to keep track of TV I might like without having to debase myself by visiting Twitter.

CaptainWacky

Black Mirror series 2 starts on Monday!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I don't mind Doug Stanhope but it'd be good to have a different comedian (NOT Tim Key) sometimes, just to mix things up a little. There are traditions, and then there's stagnancy.

CaptainWacky

Tim Key found his destiny as Sidekick Simon.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I haven't caught up with this, but a ruthless dissection of the idiocy that is will i am would be watched avidly. I would buy a box set of will i am hate if it existed

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Just watched it and I feel the Doug Stanhope hate is correct but misunderstood. His diatribe was actually good this week.

CaptainWacky

Yes he was fine this week! Well, last week. But how will he be NEXT (this) week!?