Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community (season 3 on)

Is that the same guy as DRUNK HULK on Twitter? I follow DRUNK HULK but I didn't know there was a Variety Pak full of different HULKs.

3969.imgcache.jpg

Gillian Jacobs has a (what looks like really small) part in the new Steve Carell/Keira Knightley movie "Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World." You can see her about two minutes into the trailer.

[YOUTUBE]T43InzvBm-k[/YOUTUBE]

MAYBE IT'LL BE THE START OF HER SUPERSTARDOM.

A couple of items today:

How Jim Rash Went From Improv to 'Community' to a 'Descendants' Oscar Nomination

Published: February 17, 2012 @ 2:58 pm
By Tim Molloy

There's no question about Jim Rash's writing skills: The "Community" actor is nominated for an Oscar for adapting "The Descendants" with writing partner Nat Faxon and director Alexander Payne.

But that doesn't mean Rash makes suggestions about "Community" scripts.

"I'm sort of in awe of what they do on 'Community' in terms of shifting the tone of the show but keeping the integrity of the characters intact," he told TheWrap. "If someone said sit down and write a "Community" episode, I would be panicked. But I'm also not spending hours in the room with them and watching their process. I just get to watch the end result, which is pretty amazing."

Rash, who has also spent 12 years doing sketch and improv with The Groundlings, says character is what unifies all of his work – from short skits to "epic," homage-filled episodes of "Community," to the wrenching family struggle of "The Descendants."

"I like pulling from things I know, as does Nat," he said of Faxon, who like Rash acts as well as writes. "Like everybody, we have fantastic family members to use and skewer, which we have. In a loving way."

Payne asked Rash and Faxon (below right) to adapt Kaui Hart Hemmings' novel, "The Descendants," after they made the Black List of great, unproduced scripts for writing "The Way Back." The screenplay balanced comedy and drama much as "The Descendants" does.

Payne then took his own pass on their adaptation. In addition to the trio's nomination for best adapted screenplay, the film is also nominated for best picture and three other Oscars, including a director nomination for Payne.

Rash talked to us about how improv and sketch made him a better writer, how he divides writing with Faxon, and what he wants for his high-strung, never-satisfied "Community" character, Dean Felton.

Interview and full article HERE.

Also:

'Breaking Bad' Star Giancarlo Esposito Visits 'Community'

Published: February 17, 2012 @ 12:23 pm
By Kimberly Potts

Is Giancarlo Esposito channeling the dearly departed Gus Fring for his upcoming role on "Community"? An NBC rep tells TheWrap that Esposito will play a "tough customer" in an upcoming guest spot.

The "Breaking Bad" star, who played drug lord Fring, will appear on "Community" as Gilbert Lawson, the right-hand man to the dead, racist and homophobic father of Chevy Chase's Pierce.

Pierce and his study group run into Gilbert when they pay a visit to Hawthorne Wipes, the company founded by the late Cornelius Hawthorne, in an episode Esposito filmed this week.

No air date has been set yet for the installment, as "Community" still hasn't secured a return date to NBC's lineup. It was pulled from the network's schedule amid low ratings, but NBC says it will be back this season.

Gosh, imagine being around them every day? It'd either be a total riot, or you'd end up rocking back and forth in a corner ranting "OH SHUT UP AND ACT LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE FOR ONCE!!! CAN'T WE JUST HAVE A NICE CONVERSATION!?! WJHY'S EVERYTIHNG HAVE TO TURN INTO A FUCKING PERFORMANCE WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!?"

Gosh, imagine being around them every day? It'd either be a total riot, or you'd end up rocking back and forth in a corner ranting "OH SHUT UP AND ACT LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE FOR ONCE!!! CAN'T WE JUST HAVE A NICE CONVERSATION!?! WJHY'S EVERYTIHNG HAVE TO TURN INTO A FUCKING PERFORMANCE WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!?"

Not to mention the constant need to masturbate over them.