Deadpool & Wolverine

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Oh, THAT'S how you pronounce "Feige".

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I know this sounds trivial and OCD, but while I've come to terms with over 6' tall Hugh Jackman playing a character who is supposed to be like, 5'2", how does Wolverine not have any arm hair? It's creepy and jarring to my brain.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. Don't care if Wolverine is 6' and has hairless arms, this looks so good. This might just...no, it can't save the MCU, but it might give it a breather until saner heads prevail at Disney. But yeah, probably not.

CaptainWacky

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
ROFL! "Disney brought him back; they're going to make him do this until he's 90!"

CaptainWacky

Yet another trailer, this the "see, it's not just jokes!" one, but it also gives away a major returning character so don't watch if you don't want to know.

It's the one we all wanted!

whisky

Boobie inspector
I don't mind spoilers, but if they are giving away this many cameos, I wonder how many there are still in the film?

CaptainWacky

I found it mostly enjoyable. The pacing is a bit weird at the start: the Happy Hogan scene goes on way too long and isn't funny. Once you get to the Logan-recruitment montage it gets more fun. Hugh Jackman did a very good job creating a new version of Wolverine and not just playing the hits. I appreciated that the story wasn't "Deadpol joins the MCU, fuck Fox!" but rather "Deadpool rejects an offer to join the MCU and saves the Fox universe!" Though they kind of have their cake and eat it with the Thor bit. The emotional stuff with Logan was pretty good and the ending worked pretty well. The montage of Fox behind the scene clips over the end credits was a great idea and quite touching.

The humour was a huge mixed bag for me because the constant "ANAL SEX AND BLOWJOBS LOL" stuff isn't really funny to me. But it got a lot of laughs from everyone else in the cinema so I can't say it didn't work. The fourth wall break stuff was funnier and quite clever at times: I liked the Chris Evans character reveal, Wesley Snipes just being there at all and Elektra not caring that Daredevil was dead. Nicepool's fourth wall break was probably the bit that gave me the best laugh. The line about Jackman having to do this until he's 90 too. I didn't really find the dog funny at all?

The car fight was good and the Deadpool Corps bit was fun, but the fight with the good guy group against Nova's group was hard to follow shaky cam nonsense. Was pretty disappointed Laura barely got any action: she gets one quick bit where she kills Jugganaut and that's it. For all its faults The Acolyte gave Dafne Keen a far better action scene.

Emma Corrin was very good. Nova gets a good non-jokey scene with Wolverine, but her death was pretty lame. Didn't really like Paradox at all: the performance was too silly and they should have hit the "he wants to kill the Fox universe because he's sick of watching it" nastiness note harder.

This isn't some huge game changer for Marvel at all, but it is going to make them a lot of money and encourage them to do a ton more movies where any character can just appear dead or alive and do wacky shit and I guess some of them will be fun at least like this mostly was.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Dogpool wasn't supposed to be funny, he's supposed to be cute with that tongue sticking out licking everyone. Read some articles after I saw the movie, didn't realize Ladypool apparently was Ryan Reynolds wife Blake Lively and Kidpool was their kid Inez. Lots of good jokes, cameos, fourth wall breaking(Really liked Deadpool dancing to Bye Bye Bye while fighting TVA agents). Especially liked the post credit scene where Deadpool had video evidence that he didn't get Johnny Storm killed, that Johnny Storm really did bad mouth Cassandra in a foul mouth laden rant.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
YEAH . I LOVED "Deadpool & Wolverine"!

I thought it was EXCELLENT , a GREAT frickin' flick!

It was also the FIRST Deadpool flick I've EVER seen.

In honor of the now sadly deceased Siskel & Ebert , I give "Deadpool & Wolverine" 2 THUMBS UP , WAY UP!

Aquehonga

Un Banned
PLUS "Deadpool & Wolverine" is really the EPITOME of a movie BEST SEEN in the movie theater on a HUGE SCREEN.

I can tell "D&W" just WOULDN'T be the same experience on a TV or never mind a cell phone.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
PLUS "Deadpool & Wolverine" is really the EPITOME of a movie BEST SEEN in the movie theater on a HUGE SCREEN.

I can tell "D&W" just WOULDN'T be the same experience on a TV or never mind a cell phone.
It probably would have been even better in IMAX 3D. I'm just glad I saw it opening weekend so I don't have to try to avoid spoilers online.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
It gave people who like Deadpool what people who like Deadpool like. I'm glad I saw it but feel no need to see it again. I like that they answered my gripe about Jackman playing Wolverine from earlier right off the bat in the montage. And the other bit, just before the big fight, may have given me a bit of an erection.