Deadpool & Wolverine

whisky

Boobie inspector
Foul mothed Johnny Storm was good, and foul mouthed Gambit. Blade was always foul mothed, but was nice to see him too, I guess they couldn't get his real sword.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Are we doing spoilers at this point? The multiverse and Void concepts were great because not only did we get fun pre-MCU cameos, but it gave them an excuse to do characters from the comics that we never saw in the movies--totally faithful to the comics, both showing how corny being totally faithful to the comics can be while actually being kind of badass. (I guess I didn't do any spoilers after all).

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
There's a movie called "The Wind & the Lion." It's kind of the USMC against the Barbary Pirates, only moved back 100+ years so Teddy Roosevelt is President. It's an OK movie, but the main point (at least for a Marine) is the scene where the company forms up on the docks, marches through the streets, and storms the palace. It's the only part I ever watch. Sadly, I have it on VHS but luckily YouTube often has a clip of it that isn't too heavily edited.

My point is, I have no desire to watch "Deadpool & Wolverine" all the way through again, but there's the 2 minute bit from the trailer where they walk out in slow motion and Deadpool has the gold Desert Eagles and they get ready for the big battle and Wolverine goes "hold on a second" and starts tugging at the back of his collar. I could watch that bit over and over. If they could just loop that for about 2 hours I'd be good. :J:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Watch a tiktok of it on your phone like the kids do.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. This movie may be a bit like the old Looney Tunes cartoons--you can enjoy it on a basic level but there's so much subtle stuff going on that nobody will even get a lot of it (or maybe I'm just not a big comic book movie geek these days). [SPOILERS follow]
Gambit was played by Channing Tatum. And it turns out he wasn't just a random thing thrown in. He'd been working on playing Gambit as far back as X2. He met Ryan Reynolds back when "Deadpool" was being released and at the time he was slated to be in a solo, free-standing Gambit movie. Then Jackman retired as Wolverine so Fox wanted to rework the Gambit movie to make him the franchise's "anchor character." I haven't ready more on how that turned out yet, but long story short, the movie got killed when Disney bought Fox. So everything from the "anchor character" keeping a universe alive to the actor's friendship with Reynolds to the character was all kind of an inside joke for the production (and people who stay on top of that sort of entertainment news.)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
HA! So the scene that makes me hard is all over YouTube right now. And I just caught another Easter Egg: The shop they get knocked into that is in the background for the aforementioned scene is a shoe store. BUT! Not just any shoe store. "Liefeld's Just For Feet". Of course Rob Liefeld created Deadpool and is known for being the most successful absolutely terrible comic book artist in history. Seriously. Google it. And his most egregious fault is his absolute inability to draw feet.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yeah, I hadn't planned on seeing this again, but the mask up scene is so good on the small screen that I want to see it again.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Yeah, I hadn't planned on seeing this again, but the mask up scene is so good on the small screen that I want to see it again.
Yeah that mask up scene was good. That Bye, Bye,Bye scene was great. A little disappointed though to find out afterward that it wasn't Ryan Reynolds doing the dancing.