Dexter is a terribly written tv show

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I realise once again that I'm the only person left watching a show and no one will believe me EVEN THOUGH you all gave up on it for some reason which was probably the terrible writing. It always seems to get a free pass, probably because Michael C Hall is so good as Dexter and the first two seasons were genuinely great, but it's been pretty awful for years. Even season four had lots of problems but gets away with it because John Lithgo was so great at saying the word "cunt".

But season six (yes, SIX) is just crap.

"I could give a fuck who you fuck. Just don't fuck with me, you fuck!" Actual line spoken by Deb.

Tom Hanks' son and EJO (who, it turns out, can't actually act and just played himself in BSG I guess?) are the worst villains ever.

So yeah, it's bad!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
ITV stopped showing Dexter after season 2 or I would've kept with it. They probably have it on ITV4, but I live in an area that's too respectable to receive such channels.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
They inadvertently killed themselves with John Lithgow. Pretty tough to follow that act.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
yeah, I'm not up to season six yet here but now that we have it on Showcase I am slowly catching up. I'm addicted to seeing how it all turns out, probably from reading the books.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Books are quite a bit different aren't they?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I stopped watching, too. I think it's because I want Dexter to do something besides kill serial killers, nearly get caught, kill another serial killer, nearly get caught... ETC

I really enjoyed the John Lithgow season. It was creepy, and Lithgow was awesome. I loved the Jimmy Smits season also. But now it's like it all seems done.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
@Cassie:drat; this is not sounding promising.

@Dono: yeah, the books are SO different than the TV show. And he must have had contractual obligations to get books out quickly b/c books 2,3 & 4 IMHO sucked. But then 5 & 6 were engaging again. ( can't stop being curious - had to read them)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
You might still enjoy the show!

CaptainWacky

Did anyone ever care about Angel/LaGuerta relationship drama?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
No, that was only interesting for a couple episodes. The guy playing Angel isn't a very good actor, imo. He's stiff or something. They didn't have much chemestry anyway. Also, I didn't really like LaGuerta either.

CaptainWacky

After two years of trying to convince us they were in love, season six started with someone mentioning "by the way, Angel and Laguerta got divorced" and their relationship was never mentioned again.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I live in Miami. Guess what? Our population is only 450,000. Yet Dexter is not only committing serials, he's finding new ones WEEK after WEEK. We're not that big. WTF? Is he going nuts in the Captain Crunch aisle?

Unless he's killing tens of thousands people a week/month I think he'll have plenty of people to kill each week/month/year for quite awhile. Maybe even help out with any illegal Cuban immigration problems.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
We're not that big. Really. Small city.

Of 450,000. And that's a SMALL city?

I live in the village of Hoosick Falls(don't worry about the PI, Eggs. Everyone I talk to has no clue where in NY HF is located) Population 3,500. They even want to reclassify our village as a hamlet because it is so tiny.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
(don't worry about the PI, Eggs. Everyone I talk to has no clue where in NY HF is located)
Yeah, and it's a good thing it's impossible for people to look up such information on the internet. :techman: