Do you have an inner monologue?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
this uh, article? from someone with aphantasia is something that 1. i recognise a lot of myself in and 2. does go into those questions about memory, you might find it interesting!

Fascinating paper! I am not at all just bumping this thread now because I want there to be some interesting non-tv show threads on the front page to entice Mine Field Reunion returnees to stay!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Pretty regularly, when I'm sitting at a light 15 seconds after it has turned green or driving 7 mph below the posted speed limit or some other fucktardery, I will shout out "AH DUN UNNERSTAN CARZ!!!!" in rage at the fucktard who is ruining my day.

Mirah

I love you
You let others ruin your day?
You need some more chill man.
Like some meditative inner monologue

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I don't *let* others ruin my day. They do it *all by themselves*. Is bare competence too much to ask of 50% of my fellow humans? Aparently.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I don't *let* others ruin my day. They do it *all by themselves*. Is bare competence too much to ask of 50% of my fellow humans? Aparently.
Then I wouldn't have a job fixing the mistakes of the incompetent people at the local state and county DMV offices. How hard is it to issue a title with the lien on or to the right owner? Very hard apparently.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Then I wouldn't have a job fixing the mistakes of the incompetent people at the local state and county DMV offices. How hard is it to issue a title with the lien on or to the right owner? Very hard apparently.
Fuck, I can't remember the last time I got a competent haircut. I'm just going to have to fucking do it myself because I can do a better job than people who do it for a living. I mean, it isn't like I have a really challenging hairstyle. Fade on the sides, a little longer on the top, parted to one side. Probably the first and most basic haircut you would learn. But it usually gets fucked up. I mean, no, I don't have a regular barber, but again, it isn't like my hair is tricky.

The Question

Eternal
I've been just shaving my head for years. Saves time and money.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I shave my head regularly. I just use a regular razor...works fine. Full goatee. Funny how that works.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I shave my head regularly. I just use a regular razor...works fine. Full goatee. Funny how that works.
I'm too nervous to shave my head with a razor, since I usually cut a few nicks around my neck and chin. It's why I Nair my pubic hair.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I use two different blades actually. that gillette 5 blade for the head. This nice generic cheap one for the chin and cheeks. Different textures of hair.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
During the short hair phase of the '00s, I cut my own hair. But now hairstyles are getting longer again...I still wind up cutting my own hair, but doing the top with the scissors is tricky so if I do it, every few month's it's nice to go to a barber and say "clean this up." But the point is, you shouldn't have to cut your own hair and then go to the barber to clean it up. You should be able to tell the barber what you want and they can cut your hair for you.

And for the second time in 24 hours, I found myself sitting at a red left turn signal because the people in line ahead of me were too stupid to understand what they were supposed to do at a green left turn signal in a timely manner. I hate humans so goddamned much. And they get stupider every day.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
You're just getting old, sir.
But also, this is what we reap from the "everyone gets a trophy" culture we've built. You can't ever yell at someone or tell them they're an idiot. So all the useless idiots just keep happily bumbling along, thinking they are useful and fucking things up for those of us who just wish we could outsource certain things instead of having to learn everything ourselves. I say this as someone who has painted a van, cuts hair, and put a concrete floor in a garage. I'd happily pay someone to do any of these things--as long as they didn't brutally ass-rape me and could do at least as good a job as I could do after watching a couple YouTube videos.

I feel like it would be great to be stupid. Because then you could just overpay for shitty work and have no idea you were getting ass-raped. I mean, you'd still be getting ass-raped. But you'd be *happy* about being ass-raped.

The Question

Eternal
I feel like it would be great to be stupid. Because then you could just overpay for shitty work and have no idea you were getting ass-raped. I mean, you'd still be getting ass-raped. But you'd be *happy* about being ass-raped.
Best summation of California I've ever seen.