Do you have an inner monologue?

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
I shave my head regularly. I just use a regular razor...works fine. Full goatee. Funny how that works.
Oh, you're one of those guys who liked to look like their head is on upside down? Yah, that's a cool look . . .

During COVID I used a razor comb to keep my hair under control. My regular barbershop is run by a nice Vietnamese family and they do good work. Just got a haircut yesterday, in fact.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Oh, you're one of those guys who liked to look like their head is on upside down? Yah, that's a cool look . .
images

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
But also, this is what we reap from the "everyone gets a trophy" culture we've built. You can't ever yell at someone or tell them they're an idiot. So all the useless idiots just keep happily bumbling along, thinking they are useful and fucking things up for those of us who just wish we could outsource certain things instead of having to learn everything ourselves. I say this as someone who has painted a van, cuts hair, and put a concrete floor in a garage. I'd happily pay someone to do any of these things--as long as they didn't brutally ass-rape me and could do at least as good a job as I could do after watching a couple YouTube videos.

I feel like it would be great to be stupid. Because then you could just overpay for shitty work and have no idea you were getting ass-raped. I mean, you'd still be getting ass-raped. But you'd be *happy* about being ass-raped.
Oh, like you I'm very much a DIYer, always have been. There's nothing worse than paying through the nose for at best shoddy work. With car work for example I've always done everything myself (aside from tire mounting and balancing and alignments and shit like that), and while it might take a bit longer I know the job is done right and I might learn something new along the way. Maybe it's part of my OCD complex, or maybe it's something my dad instilled in me. The whole "do it right the first time or don't bother" ethic.

Oh, and like a month ago I saw an A-Team van driving through town and stopped to wonder if maybe it was you, lol. :bigass:

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I was going to put this somewhere else, but it was from my inner monologue so this is as good a place as any: As mentioned elsewhere, I've decided to put a museum of an early 21s century video store in my basement. The more I think about it, the more I want it and the more I think it is a great idea. Well just now, my inner monologue is like: So. Video store or girlfriend? And it really isn't that close. I would get so much more pleasure, value, and enjoyment from a video store than a girlfriend that it isn't even funny. Hell, if I could have both I don't know that I'd want the girlfriend. I can go down to the video store and check out "Labyrinth." Or "The Magnificent Seven." Or "Casablanca." Or "The Muppet Movie." Or whatever. And I don't have to have a discussion with anyone about what to get. There's no compromise or disappointment.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
You should date someone you like.

CaptainWacky

1 in 20 seems really high.

CaptainWacky

But how do you know you're reading if you can't "hear" the words. :(

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
What?

The Question

Eternal
Oh, you're one of those guys who liked to look like their head is on upside down? Yah, that's a cool look . . .

During COVID I used a razor comb to keep my hair under control. My regular barbershop is run by a nice Vietnamese family and they do good work. Just got a haircut yesterday, in fact.
There's nothing wrong with cutting your own hair, and shaving it is the most efficient choice.

If it's good enough for Ben Sisko, it's good enough for you.

CaptainWacky

Mirah

I love you
Dang. I can't see the tweet. I am very aware of these words forming in my head as I type them. It is annoying at this moment. OMG should I capitalize all of THIS? I don't know. Just kidding, I'm not just kidding, I know I have made errors in this post. I don't care. Goodnight. Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite. But I wouldn't know how one would stop them anyway, so wash your sheets!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I'm most aware of my inner monologue when I'm walking The Dog: "Today I need to mow the lawn, run to the sto--GODDAMMIT, WHAT ARE YOU EATING?!" Having a dog means your thoughts are often interrupted.