Does ANYONE in the US drive Manual Trasmission cars anymore?

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
I've been looking for a replacement vehicle for my van. This time around I was hoping to land anything thats Pearl Black and has a Manual Tranmission.

After going to over a Dozen lots, each time I heard that same story:

"We don't stock cars with manual transmissions anymore because no one buys them"

I was like... WTF? :hmmm:

The few that I managed to find on the Internet were all sold before I could even finished asking about them.

What on earth will it take to find such a vehicle here in the States :(

Robert "Monkey" Loggia

Mongoloid Biscuit Beast
I only drive stick.

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
^That's what she said!

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
I FOUND ONE TODAY!!!!

I finally found something that I can work with. I found a 1995 Mitsubishi Marage that I got off the lot for only $600 bucks. She needs a little bodywork, but I dont think its anything out of my league. She shifts just fine and the engine seems very strong. Only thing is that the driver door will have to be replaced and the front end rebuilt. I figure about another $500-700 will get her straight. Other than that, she seem to be just fine!

At last my search is over! :cool:

Robert "Monkey" Loggia

Mongoloid Biscuit Beast
cupcakeer

I Love Cunt

Watch It
I drove a manual transmission tonight. Clutch in, clutch out, give it throttle, clutch in, clutch out, more throttle, clutch in, clutch out, more throttle, more, more, more. Clutch in, clutch out, ease off the throttle baby, ease off, just a little, there you go, right there. Yeah thats it. Now More!

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I don't understand wanting to drive a stickshift. Seems like when I have to drive one there are too many hills with stop lights at the top and every corner has a stop sign.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I don't understand wanting to drive a stickshift. Seems like when I have to drive one there are too many hills with stop lights at the top and every corner has a stop sign.

Don't be rediculous! Old people and women shouldn't be driving.

(Kidding!;))

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Don't be rediculous! Old people and women shouldn't be driving.

(Kidding!;))

Careful there sonny. I can still spank you.

And, don't get excited about that. You won't like it.

(kidding!;))

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I have one stick (the rav4) and one automatic (the nissan)

The stick is handy in the bad winters including 4wd

eloisel

Forever Empress E
This is how my dad taught me to drive a stick shift:

He walked into my house and threw a set of keys at me and said he'd left me a present in the drive. Before I could say anything, he turned around and left.

I was without a car so I was thrilled that my dad had bought me one. Woo Hoo!!

All excited, I ran outside and jumped in the new car - an old Dodge Dart - and put the key in the ignition and turned it on. It cranked up, jerked, and died.

After that happened several times, I called my dad. No cell phones back then so I had to wait for him to get home and near his phone. When he finally answered, he told me the car was a stick shift and basically told me how to drive it.

I jerked around town for a week or two. Then a guy friend of mine got in the back seat and talked me through driving the thing.

One day, the car was acting strange and I remember calling my dad and telling him how the car was running. He said, "Go down to JT's Car Repair. I've already paid them to replace the clutch." I took the car down to JT's and they replaced the clutch. All was well with the world and I drove that car for a few years.

After trying to teach my daughter how to drive my old Yugo, I came to realize my dad's method made more sense.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Does anyone else like driving stick while barefooot?

In fact, that's how my mom taught me and I've taught three other people.

You have more control of the pedals and you can feel when the RPM's are high enough to change gears.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
I enjoy manual transmissions, learned on one.

Last 3 vehicles I owned: all stick shifts. Current vehicle: stick shift.

Note: none of those cars were "domestics" (even the Pontiac was a Holden!).