Does ANYONE in the US drive Manual Trasmission cars anymore?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Does anyone else like driving stick while barefooot?

In fact, that's how my mom taught me and I've taught three other people.

You have more control of the pedals and you can feel when the RPM's are high enough to change gears.
Maybe if you have big Incredible Hulk feet. But my little Irish tootsies don't have that kind of mojo.

I miss driving. All my cars were stick. Then I moved to the City. I haven't needed a car for 17 years.

If you stuck me behind the wheel on I-95 today, I'd probably soil myself. I don't even have a valid license anymore.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
I love driving. I drive almost every day.

Man it feels SO GOOD to be back at the controls of a manual transmission driven car again. This Mitsubishi model (Mirage) doesnt seem to be very plentiful here in the midwest. I went to the junkyards looking for parts, and of all the ones I went to, only one yard had this model. (Three to be exact) and they were all automatics.

Even the parts stores seem to have only a limited variety of parts for this car. Why this is, is anyones guess!

Anyway, I got her running and all cleaned up, and Man does this thing fly. I was so used to driving that heavy van that I'd completely forgotten what speed and manuverability was.

This is gonna be a great summer! :techman: