Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominance and Submission

humm, well Bondage.com is an interesting site. Not my cup of tea because of all the weirdo's.. [LOL, yes I realize the irony there].

But some of those people scare the crap out of me [if they are real that is...].

Well, what I think of it isn't important. If you get something out of it, then go for it. I just never did.

And LOL on the Number_6 profile. It was funny!

Hi,

Clubs scary? No kidding! Thanks for the idea of 'munches' though (new one on me!) and the links - I'll may get back to you after I do a bit more digging.

Cheers
Chaddee

Caitriona said:
But the way I look at it, any exploration into what makes us tick, when it comes to sexual arousal, is a good thing.

Sometimes.

However, if you look what that exploration did to Larry Wachowski, half of the team that created "The Matrix", it might cast aspersions in regard to just how good it is.

It is certainly arguable that the sequels to the original "Matrix" were less than noteworthy, despite their ability to earn at the box office. It is curious to note that the decline in the quality of the stories, and the cheapening of the original vision occured simultaneous to the point in Larry Wachowski's life when he began an exploration of domination and submission.

I have to believe that it takes a certain predispotion to cling to reality to explore into the "beyond vanilla" of sexuality. As liberating as the experience might be for some, others who aren't so firmly grounded in reality may find that their life's focus becomes blurred in the shadow of carnal adventure.

*Quietly notices thread and grins*

Cait and Morrhigan have summed up a lot of things very nicely. I'll add just another two cents on my observations on the submissive psyche.

As cait had mentioned, there is a balance between the Dominant and the submissive. The basics are this: the Dom should (ideally) provide a structured and safe place for the submissive to react in. This includes the Dominant already knowing what he/she wants from the submissive or the scene. The submissive, on the other hand, is giving up the control in a situation in return for GREATER freedom to react, with less inhibition because the responsibility for the scene is no longer theirs.

Ideally, a submissive is allowed to Obey and React. Obedience removes responsibility, Reaction allows them to be "more themselves". One can keep this sort of relationship within the bedroom, or one can extend it outside of the bedroom, it's up to the people involved in the relationship as to how far to take the power exchange.

A further note: one cannot "give" what one doesn't already posses. While Miss Friday doesn't appear to have an issue there, a submissive should have a healthy self-image in order to submit. Submission out of desperation is a path to being victimized...not cherished.
-SB