DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

whisky

Boobie inspector
There were wolves in the fields near my flat, I tried to shoot them from upstairs but I didn't have the range, I ran down the stairs with the rifle and a gun, suddenly my mum was with me, but when she got downstairs she wouldn't stop running, and I lost her, the wolves didn't seem important after that.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Interestingly trippy dreams tonight. Maybe not interesting content, but the execution was interesting.

First up, during the night I dreamed that I was hanging out with 2 of my oldest friends. We were at some kind of festival/event/convention celebrating some '70s band. I forget the band. Similar to The Eagles but more 2nd or 3rd tier. For some reason, even though they are actually way too young--and neither is any kind of musician--they were in the band. So we're all sitting at a table outside the event, having cocktails and talking about the band. Then it's time for the main event (it's been, like documentary/concert films and panel discussions and stuff before that)--a live performance by the band. But at this point their stage show is, like, GWAR/KISS glam showmanship. The...drummer?...is a hot chick in kind of a Marvel Hel headdress and she hits a cymbal/gong every time one of the band members comes out on stage and is introduced. That dream ended just about the time they were getting ready to do their first number.

Then in the morning I had a dream that I was sleeping but woke up because I realized there were a couple pop-up videos that had launched on my computer. I was able to somehow kill one without even opening the screen (don't ask how I knew they were running--the fan? Blinking lights?) but once I unlocked the screen I couldn't get the other one to close. I'm trying not to "wake up" but I also want to stop a malware infection. But at this point I'm sleeping in a lecture hall/auditorium. And it is filling up for a lecture that is happening. This is a bit...awkward, as I'm wearing nothing but a twin-sized sheet. Then I realize I'm dreaming so I interrupt the lecturer to point out that I'm actually asleep and dreaming all of them so if they'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to my room so I can continue to sleep in more peace and quiet. But I still make at least some effort to wrap my sheet around me.

So I get to my bedroom--only to find out it is a dorm room. And it is an overcrowded dorm room. There's already at least 2 guys in there. And only 3 beds--like a bunk bed and then a mattress on the floor--on top of a second mattress. I'm just like "*sigh* which one's my bed?" and they point me to the stacked mattresses. They explain that university(?) policy is that any military veterans that meet certain criteria get 2 mattresses. I do indeed meet the criteria so I happily take my bed. But by now another crowd is starting to gather. The walls have pushed out so it is now more of a cafeteria/classroom. Since I'm dreaming, and it is my dream, I announce that all the women should take their clothes off (I also may have been pretty smug about the mattress perk). No one can gainsay this logic and all the girls go around the corner to strip down. This, of course, takes forever and none of them ever does strip down. Eventually they send me a girl who has some kind of card game or something to read me as I lie there under my sheet. This goes on for a few minutes until I realize she's fully dressed. I point this out and she stammers out some excuse. So I start feeling her up but at that point she has to go. They're supposed to send me the next girl but then I wake up.

Mirah

I love you
I had my normal "driving through a city and on freeways, but suddenly I am driving on sidewalks or in construction zones or places that aren't really roads" dream.

And then
I had some wierd invitro fertiization dream-some girl was trying to get me pregnant with a syringe and then cut scene I was shotting the syringe in her mouth. I don't know. Why do these dreams happen, no one needs to answer that.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Dreamed about my dad last night, trying to get him to explain where he had been, and who we actually cremated if he was still alive. He didn't really have any good answers. I probably should have spent the time with him better.

Mirah

I love you
WTF I came here to write about my dream I had last night about someone who died this last year.

I woke up believing they were still alive. I'm actually still not ocmpletely awake and have not processed anything, my brain is fuzzy.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Haven't been having those as often, but it happened all the time around 2017 or so. I'd wake up certain that I'd just visited my Mom at her farmhouse in Wisconsin but equally certain that I'd been to her funeral, managed her estate through probate, and that my brother was in fact living in her farmhouse--and that doesn't even get into waking up 12-13 hours away from where you just were. My Mom, Dad, and Aunt are all regularly alive and living in their old homes in whatever condition I last knew them as "healthy." (i.e. Dad and my Aunt have cancer that is in remission. I don't know that my Mom even has cancer because that hit so fast that I was away for most of it and by the time I was back she really wasn't the person I'd known all those years (or maybe she was, but that's another story).

Anyway, a few dreams last night but only one I kind of remember. It is fragmentary and disjointed but I got to grab someone's boob in it before I woke up, so it's worth repeating: I've got some friends from Oregon visiting. None of this is at all well defined. Apparently they're at my house and I'm wearing a bathrobe and jammies or something but outside the window is, like a downtown street in the hipster part of town. Some people my friends know through a mutual activity are jogging past the window but a few of the girls flirt with me through the window. I'm debating how to react to this.

Oh, and there are a few people I've just recently met. One is a girl and is interesting and may or may not be naked at this point. But she's not interested in me. I think she'd been introduced to me but I'd forgotten her name so now she was ignoring me. And an old long-lost friend from elementary school shows up out of nowhere so I'm introducing him to these people I've just met--although it kind of backfires because I still don't know the interesting girl's name--but she seems to have forgiven me at least a bit.

Then I'm kicked back...in a chair? On the floor in front of a couch? Both? I may or may not be naked from flirting with the joggers outside the window and suddenly I get grabbed from behind. The girl whose name I can't remember is kicked back behind me and has hooked my right arm with her right leg (over the back of whatever I'm sitting on) and somehow grabbed my left arm so I can't get up. At this point she's definitely naked. But I can turn my head to see her and reach back with my left arm so I feel up her boob before grabbing her nipple. I'm about to use it to make her make out with me if she doesn't want it twisted off when I wake up.

Don't remember what woke me up but I was like "DAMNDAMNDAMNDAMN!" I tried to get back into that dream but couldn't, of course. Had some other dream but it was far too boring to remember.

whisky

Boobie inspector
My mum was with me again, we were at a school sports day I think, my son was trying to throw a banana skin away, my mum asked the daughter of a friend of mine if she would fix her hair, but the girl squeezed my mum's scalp so hard it immediately came out in a big purple blister.

That's the second dream in a row where she was crying. She did cry a lot in her last few years, mostly without knowing why she was upset.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Haven't been having those as often, but it happened all the time around 2017 or so. I'd wake up certain that I'd just visited my Mom at her farmhouse in Wisconsin but equally certain that I'd been to her funeral, managed her estate through probate, and that my brother was in fact living in her farmhouse--and that doesn't even get into waking up 12-13 hours away from where you just were. My Mom, Dad, and Aunt are all regularly alive and living in their old homes in whatever condition I last knew them as "healthy." (i.e. Dad and my Aunt have cancer that is in remission. I don't know that my Mom even has cancer because that hit so fast that I was away for most of it and by the time I was back she really wasn't the person I'd known all those years (or maybe she was, but that's another story).

Anyway, a few dreams last night but only one I kind of remember. It is fragmentary and disjointed but I got to grab someone's boob in it before I woke up, so it's worth repeating: I've got some friends from Oregon visiting. None of this is at all well defined. Apparently they're at my house and I'm wearing a bathrobe and jammies or something but outside the window is, like a downtown street in the hipster part of town. Some people my friends know through a mutual activity are jogging past the window but a few of the girls flirt with me through the window. I'm debating how to react to this.

Oh, and there are a few people I've just recently met. One is a girl and is interesting and may or may not be naked at this point. But she's not interested in me. I think she'd been introduced to me but I'd forgotten her name so now she was ignoring me. And an old long-lost friend from elementary school shows up out of nowhere so I'm introducing him to these people I've just met--although it kind of backfires because I still don't know the interesting girl's name--but she seems to have forgiven me at least a bit.

Then I'm kicked back...in a chair? On the floor in front of a couch? Both? I may or may not be naked from flirting with the joggers outside the window and suddenly I get grabbed from behind. The girl whose name I can't remember is kicked back behind me and has hooked my right arm with her right leg (over the back of whatever I'm sitting on) and somehow grabbed my left arm so I can't get up. At this point she's definitely naked. But I can turn my head to see her and reach back with my left arm so I feel up her boob before grabbing her nipple. I'm about to use it to make her make out with me if she doesn't want it twisted off when I wake up.

Don't remember what woke me up but I was like "DAMNDAMNDAMNDAMN!" I tried to get back into that dream but couldn't, of course. Had some other dream but it was far too boring to remember.
As I was trying to get back to sleep and trying to get back in the dream, I decided that if I was successful I'd tell her to stick her tongue in me. And after she Frenched me I was going to tell her that wasn't where I wanted her to stick her tongue in me. [ramen]

whisky

Boobie inspector
Dreamed I was playing GTA again, I was in a helicopter attacking a battleship, them somehow I was in an X wing, I was killing so many players that everyone else left, then I was back on the ground armed only with a cocktail stick, then a other player arrived and he too had a cocktail stick, we thought with them like lightsabers while I hummed dual of the fates.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Good one today. Very straightforward. I've already forgotten some of the details and maybe won't go on too much about the others but somehow I'd managed to commit to 3 different jobs at the same time and didn't remotely have the time to make it all work.

I was helping out the police on some case in a kind of Sherlock Holmes capacity while I was supposed to be doing an illustration for some company. Can't quite remember what the 3rd job was. The best I could hope for was to be a half hour late for everything and the reality was, with delays and distractions, I was always a half day behind everywhere I went. On my way to my next meeting when I realized I'd left my sketchbook behind, under my chair, in the conference room at the company. They were getting ready for a birthday party or something when I left and I was running so late I couldn't go back without entirely missing my next meeting. And of course by the time I was able to get back, it was gone. The sketchbook had a lot of irreplaceable stuff in it--and at least a risque doodle or two--so it would be inconvenient if anyone looked at it and painful to lose. Getting it back became a major point through the rest of the story.

The next time I got to try, the office was closed but the warehouse/factory/service department next door was open so I went in and asked them. They said that the other side of the company had went bankrupt and closed but they let me in to look around. There was a lost and found bin with a couple similar planners and notebooks, but not my missing sketchbook. Later, possibly during the police work, the...FBI?... were searching a place of one of the bigwigs from the office. The guy (girl?) running things knew about my sketchbook and had some reason to know this guy knew something about it, so he was going to work on him and he eventually cracked...and got out a brand new portfolio* that was going to be a present to someone. The mixup was amusing, but I never did get my sketchbook back.

*In Olden Dayes of the 20th century, before digital portfolios, artists would have an actual portfolio with some of their smaller prints and drawings along with a sheet of slides in little pockets with photos of larger or less portable works.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Ooh. Had an actual sex dream where I got to have actual sex (kind of). I'd just saved a kitten from a tree (not actually, but something similarly mundane involving a cat or dog) and everyone was treating me like I was some kind of hero. For some reason I was around some place where they were giving tours and or groups of passerby were around and everyone kept coming up to me and thanking me and bothering me and I just wanted to be left alone so I went and found some little cell/dorm room with a 1930s style twin bed against a wall to take a nap. But sure enough, the fucking tour guide tracked me down to show to the group. But this cute Asian girl came over to thank me, knelt down next to the bed and while she acted like she was talking to me she reached under the covers and started giving me a handjob. Then she got to town and started blowing me.

I think it was because it wasn't a sex dream and the horny part of my brain slipped the sex in before the prude part realized what was going on.

Later another Asian woman from the tour circled back and wanted sex. She wasn't as cute as the first girl but what the heck. But I think by that time my subconscious censor was on the alert because when I went to hug her, she turned out to be, like, 70 years old, and 3-4' tall. So we decided mutually not to do it.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Me and my wife were in a car and we ended up driving off a dock and into the sea, we swam back up to the surface, (I can swim in dreams) and climbed back up the dock wall, and then I got back onto the top of the dock, and dragged her back onto it too, then just as I thought we were good she banged the back of her head on the floor.

whisky

Boobie inspector
My dad gave me money for a haircut, I was happy with that so didn't question him being alive, I went with some friends to where the barbar was but by then it had turned into a bar, for some reason I laid over several chairs, then a woman sat on me without noticing I was there then got mad at me for being rude.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Pretty bad one that was all over the place, I was in hospital, don't know what for, but they did something to me that put me in a lot of pain, when they realised it had gone wrong they told me I would need another operation and I needed to consent to it, I said no, but they forged my signature anyway. They tied me to the bed and I started screaming for someone to help me, a bunch of lawyers walked by, and did nothing as they weren't getting paid. It seemed like I was on the bed for days, then it changed and I was a child among many, we wanted to try and escape from the hospital but they chased us down with dogs, two dogs bit my hands, then chewed their way through my arms until they bit into my chest and only then did I wake up. Took me over an hour to get back to sleep.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yeesh. Glad I didn't have that one. The dogs reminded me of a snippet from last week. I'm at the gate of some huge property. I'm trying to...close it? Climb over it? I dunno. Anyway 2 big angry dogs are running straight at me. There's no way to escape them so I prepare to get bit--and the first dog jumps up into my arms. Then the second one. Don't know how I held around 140# of dog, let alone petting them, but they only wanted to snuggle.

The bit I remember from this morning, I'm in some shitty college apartment, having breakfast with, like, 3 roommates. 2 are supposed to be my best friends--although they looked nothing like the best friends they were playing--and then there was some fat chick that I have no idea where she came from. But we're talking about something that costs money and I say I think I'm going to get one. The friend who's shanghaied me into this job I'm doing tells me the thing is pretty expensive and I laugh at him. "I make more than that working half a day for you. Shit, I make that reading my e-mails in the morning. And I don't even read most of them, I just skim a few and delete most." My friend gets up and stomps into another room so the girl looks all serious and concerned and makes me come into some pantry/closet so she can scold me or warn me that I upset my friend or something. And I'm like "I don't care. I hate the job and I don't want it anymore. I can't wait until I can leave."

And like real life, there was no resolution to this either.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Not sure to file this under a dream or not, I woke at 4 last night, and struggled to get back to sleep, I could see my wall I am not sure if I was awake or asleep, but I heard a woman's voice say hello right next to me, kind of warbly and distorted, I turned to see if it was my wife, but she was so still I thought for a second she was dead, but when I touched her arm she was ok, but definitely asleep.

If I was asleep there was no transition into being awake, but after the hello I was super awake.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Do you ever get exploding head syndrome? I've been getting it again lately, if you don't know what it is you'd think you were going mad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome

I get it right as I'm falling asleep or waking up and it feels completely real in the moment. I've shouted out in fear from it when waking in the middle of the night.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker

Mirah

I love you
Not sure to file this under a dream or not, I woke at 4 last night, and struggled to get back to sleep, I could see my wall I am not sure if I was awake or asleep, but I heard a woman's voice say hello right next to me, kind of warbly and distorted, I turned to see if it was my wife, but she was so still I thought for a second she was dead, but when I touched her arm she was ok, but definitely asleep.

If I was asleep there was no transition into being awake, but after the hello I was super awake.

I had those sort of dreams when I was on a medication. The doctor called it a "waking dream" or something like that. It was pretty trippy. I woke to find myself picking a flower in the middle of the room that wasn't there.