DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

whisky

Boobie inspector
In the dream Taika Waititi had taken over a major English football team, and I had to explain who he was to people at work who hadn't seen any of his films.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I hope you didn't wake up before explaining how disappointing his last movie was.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Dreamed I was in legends of tomorrow going undercover in nazi Germany where a guy was dropping hints he was in the closet, which then somehow morphed into me being starlord being kissed by gamora.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night was like, high school reunion*/Battle of the Network Stars. It started out with some kind of huge and surprisingly strategic paintball/capture the flag game. I was just a grunt, so I had no idea what was going on beyond going where I was supposed to go and doing what I was supposed to do, but the leader players had command centers and terrain models and maps so they could actually have a feel for what was going on. After that there was some kind of snow and ice racing, where we were driving junker cars in deep snow. At some point people were getting out and running to the finish line on foot.

*At least one of the characters in the dream was a friend from high school.

CaptainWacky

Dreamed I was in legends of tomorrow going undercover in nazi Germany where a guy was dropping hints he was in the closet, which then somehow morphed into me being starlord being kissed by gamora.

Should have been GUYmora.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. Remembered to type this one up while it was still pretty fresh:

I'm spending the night at a place that wasn't my house (Hotel? Friend? Relative?) and I just got this cool portable DVD player that I want to try out. I've also got this DVD of this cute alternachick who has little artsy slightly sexy adventures. Dunno if it is a movie or a foreign TV show or something from cable or what. The segments are all, like, 5 minutes so I stay up WAAAY too late, watching to see what the next segment will be (if maybe there's any nudity) because "it's only another 5 minutes." The next day someone is giving me a hard time about staying up late and then we all get onto a charter bus for the rest of our tour. The rest of the bus is all (or at least mostly) southern Christians and there's at least 3 youth pastors who all brought their ukuleles (and other small stringed instruments) along so now I'm wishing I had mine.

You know the trouble with dreams? They're a little like trying to explain "Seinfeld" to someone who hasn't seen the show. You remember it as being amazing, but when you try to explain it, it seems kind of lame.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was antman or someone like him, I could fly too, but people kept trying to shoot me in the butt for something I did years ago that they were still upset about.

I think they just had BBs but I wasn't about to find out, did some good weaving about.

CaptainWacky

Dream where I was maybe about to do something sexy with Lupita Nyong'o, but also Lupita Nyong'o was watching us and dancing on a stage. And I might have been posting about it all on the internt at the time.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Had some nice ones 2 nights ago but forgot to write them down and then I couldn't remember them. Already forgot most of last night's, but there was a bit where I was watching some musicians perform. The one guy had some kind of soundboard or something--all switches and buttons and knobs--that he was playing like a keyboard or something. I wasn't going to say anything because it was so nerdy, but while they were taking a break I told them they needed actors like him in the classic Star Trek episodes because then instead of just randomly pushing buttons they'd have looked like they were actually doing something. They were mildly amused in that punchline to a "Family Circus" cartoon kind of way.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I had some freinds staying over from work, and randomly four gay guys, one of them might have been George Takei. We were watching you tube trailers and I laughed at an Adam Sandler film and the gay guys just left immediately like I had pissed in their lemonade.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Woke up around 3. Spent God knows how long trying to get back to sleep. Then, just about every time I started to dream, I'd realize I was starting to dream and wake up again. I'd realize I was starting to dream because the location had changed--I'd be in, a mazelike collection of plywood, or a forest, or something else, and then I'd be like "Ah, finally, because I know I'm really in my bed" and next thing you know, I'd be in my bed. Finally, in the morning, I started getting into some real, legitimate dreams, but of course now I've forgotten them all.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night I had the 5am bathroom trip and thought I couldn't get to sleep. Then a couple guys who were dressed like Go-Bots were walking out of the theater at the end of the movie and I'm like "Bitch, the HELL you can't get back to sleep, you're dreaming right now." Then I got out into the mall the theater was connected to and more than one person thought it would be funny to intentionally block my way. Guy kept cutting towards me every time I changed direction WHILE LOOKING ME IN THE EYE. So I stiff-armed him out of the way. Then some bum was laying on the floor with her legs all the way out. When I tried to step over her she would move her leg to where I was trying to step so I just stepped right on her and kind of bounced up and down on her legs at that point.

Then me and another Marine officer were visiting a woman Catholic priest. It was one of those conversations where you can't get out so you can leave at the end and, like, her little flag for Vatican City fell out of the stand it was in because the stick was all bent and funny. Eventually I was ready to go but I couldn't find my dog. Then it turned out she had, like 8+ dogs of her own in the basilica and every time I'd call a new dog would show up, but not mine. Eventually I just went out on the thought that maybe she'd gotten out on her own and walked around the neighborhood (which was modeled on an oceanfront Southern California town). I wound up coming back to the church and the lady priest said I had to go see the church veterinarian because she had some news about my dog. It turned out she'd found the dog and the dog had cancer but it was in its early stages. Then I had to go out to the car where everyone had been waiting for me and then we had to still wait for the other guy.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Very detailed!

I just had some vague dream about season 2 of Andor having him bump into Jyn years before he should, and then something about assembling some heavy furniture.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
So my new hell of dreaming I have insomnia is pretty securely cemented. Got up to use the bathroom around 2. Couldn't get back to sleep. Eventually decided I might as well just get up and go to the bathroom again to see if that helped. To my horror, it turned out that the cat that had been laying on my feet felt so large because he'd had kittens. Which is odd, given that 1) he's fixed and 2) he's male. On further examination, I didn't actually see my cat amid the pile of 3-4 kittens that were piling up against the footboard of the bed. Eventually I felt him snuggled further up my leg. I don't actually have a footboard on this bed. Whatever. I got up to go to the bathroom and wondered if maybe the reason I couldn't get to sleep was the bright I/O status light on the power cord snaking from my desk along the floor to the opposite wall. I was confused by this until I realized it was for the flatbed scanner and maybe it hadn't activated until I'd bumped into the scanner and knocked the lid open. I have not had a flatbed scanner on my desk since oh, 2009. So all this was a dream.

I did have some slightly more conventional dreams in the morning, but I've forgotten all of them.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
2 unrelated very involved dreams last night. First one, I was back at the place I grew up, but with my dog. I let her out but somehow forgot about her. That night I hear something at the bedroom window and it is the dog. She and my old dog who, it turns out isn't dead, just living in rural Wisconsin along with my dead parents, had got the aluminum extension ladder set it up, and climbed up to the window for me.

Next one...the details are a little fuzzy. I...just started a new job? At a factory? At any rate, the place has a fairly fancy (and suspicious) strip club and I decide to blow my first paycheck on the fanciest girl there. It starts out at the bar and once she gets my pants off she can't find a condom and disappears just as some machine on the production line has apparently broken down so they decide to take a break and the voice on the PA announces that anyone on [Volpone's] shift should take their lunch right now. At this point it is clear that, not only did I give the girl a fake name, but that I was goofing off during my shift and everyone notices me, huddled naked behind a pillar at the front door (the place now looks more like a bank or courthouse in the late 20th century) and everyone's saying "hi" to me really sarcastic or giving me the stinkeye as they walk past.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Had some short weird fever dreams, in one I told my son to get rid of his wank tissues so he put them in a bin in the middle of his room and set fire to them.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. One coherent dream snippet from last night and a few other sleep observations: First off, I have actually become aware of the periods where I sleep without dreaming. All of a sudden there will be a cat laying on my feet or my dog's butt is where her nose was and I didn't hear or feel any motion. Only conclusion--I was asleep. Rather like the experience of a general anesthetic, where time has passed without your awareness. Secondly, I've become aware of little, partly formed dreams. There will be partially formed characters or locations, but it only lasts for (it seems like) a second and then dissolves.

So. Last night I was...I'd just been hired for a logging camp or a ranch or I was at a dude ranch--some kind of communal work environment--and I happened to be the second or third person up. The guy in charge was kind of modeled on a young Wilford Brimley. I come down to the kitchen and ask about breakfast and Young Wilford Brimley gestures over to the cooking area and says "get to work." I'm not thrilled with the idea, but it isn't rocket science. Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, pancakes, coffee, etc. Although I do qualify that I usually only cook for 1 so I may get the portions off or larger amounts of things like eggs might turn out a bit different.

CaptainWacky

Had a dream where I found a "lost" episode of The Young Ones on tv. I found it a strangely subdued episode. The weirdest part is that Neil did a voiceover for the whole thing, speaking in an American accent. I concluded that it was an American edit of a never before seen episode. Before I could found out more I woke up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night I had some digestion issues that required trips to the bathroom. Meanwhile, The Dog actually left the bed and went to the futon couch in the guest room more than once. At one point The Cat left too and I actually had the entire bed to myself for the first time in recent memory. Then The Dog came back and plunked his head on my lap while I was laying on my back and did not move so I wound up sleeping on my back without moving for most of the night--all of which, I'm sure, had a role in the first dream cycle of the night:

I had to get up to go to the bathroom. I was going to grab a magazine to read in the bathroom but first I had to move the throw pillow that was under my legs to get out of bed. The bathroom turned out to be a public restroom and there was some freak in there, just destroying one of the stalls--pissing all over, shitting all over, unspooling TP. "Fuck it, not my problem," I thought, but then I thought about how sick I was of shit (excuse the pun) like this, and opened the stall door to confront him. The guy was naked (he may have been wearing some kind of hat--a baseball cap?) and covered in shit and when I yelled at him, he confronted me in front of the sinks. At this point I realized I hadn't brought a magazine, I still had the pillow--only now it was one of my nice expensive pillows and it was out of its pillowcase. Freak noticed this too and started smiling because he was about to get piss and shit all my nice pillow. So I chucked the pillow into a sink and just started beating the fuck out of him. Left him laying in the middle of the floor.

Later, I needed to go to the bathroom again, but as I was getting to the door to my room (which opened onto a hotel/dorm-style hallway but was more of a sliding closet door with a cheap flimsy latch) I realized either the freak from earlier would be trying to find me or he'd still be laying in the middle of the bathroom. So I was making plans to maybe find a different bathroom when the door was open and 2 really sketchy ginger dudes wit odd facial hair, those Teddy Roosevelt style glasses, and again, odd hats, were at the door. In the adjacent room, behind one of them was a fat stupid looking guy (in a wheelchair?). I knew the gingers were about to shake me down and extort me and I was trying to decide if I could take them both or at least not get beaten up too bad if I got in the first shot--and if the fat stupid guy was on their side or mine (or just neutral).

I had another dream cycle towards morning, but I've forgotten that. OH! Hulk! I(?) was the Hulk and I needed to prep some road bank for someone to drive off it by smashing the concrete (or stone) guard. But every time I'd hit it, it would just bulge and ripple and billow like it was rubber and have no effect. This was particularly annoying because a different Hulk had just smashed it (how did it come back? I dunno) easily. I finally got annoyed and started ripping chunks of it off one piece at a time.