Dune Movie

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
They definitely seem to be showing a disproportionate amount of Zendaya and Momoa, yeah, but if it brings the commoners in then cool (also I cast Zendaya in this movie so that's good
)! It's a strong trailer I feel!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I wonder what the hunter-seeker scene will be like, and I can't wait to see the dinner party. I wonder who will play Soo Soo! lol

If this movie only covers the first half of the book, Chani should be in it, but not a lot. There's quite a bit that happens before Paul and Jessica escape into the desert. I wonder if she calls him Usul in the movie.

CaptainWacky

Ishcabittle

I want it to make enough money to get a sequel and I guess WB know that the October date is when it could do well (assuming there's a vaccine by then?) But also I want to see it before I die. So it's hard.

Turns out a vaccine wasn’t the end of the pandemic we had hoped it would be.

CaptainWacky

You don't remember the whole chapter that was just Thufir Hawat's stand-up routine?

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Well, Gurney DID sing that one raunchy song early in the first book. Gallacian Girls, or something. IIRC, it began with "Gallacian Girls will do it for pearls, the Arakeen for water!". So there was a little in the first book. But considering how dark Dune can get at times, well... a little humor certainly couldn't hurt.

Now, who hopes this movie helps revitalize the Dune video game series? Albeit with a company that isn't EA heading it.

CaptainWacky

The two jokey bits also work as relationship establisment moments between Paul/Duncan and Leto/Gurney so it's not like they're just random pratfalls like Jar Jar stepping on shit or something. And they might be literally the only two funny bits in the movie.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

There's a bunch of character mini trailers on Twitter, can't be bothered posting them all.

CaptainWacky

The first reactions from the Venice Film Festival are mixed. The people who liked it seem to really like it, so that's good.

The biggest negative seems to be that it's only part one and not a complete story. We've known that for a long time so it's not really going to bother me.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

All I remember is he writes "ah-h-h-h" a lot.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
THE TOOTH!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
tomorrow on HBO max!

CaptainWacky

I hope to see it theatrically in the coming weeks.