Favorite decade for music?

Yub

Anachrophobic
That joke got done already, doofus.

Contemporary music has been caught in a fetid whirlpool of mutated hip-hop and manufactured pop stars since the boy-band craze in the 90s. I'd call this past decade the Dark Ages.

The 2000s were a good decade for music, it's just that none of it got airplay.

FBI is correct. Eggs, don't just take FBi or my word for it...here..

[YOUTUBE]_h2YLWNzJ6U[/YOUTUBE]

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I love the 70s and know a lot of 80s and 90s thanks to the kid. I'm still partial to Jack White.

[YOUTUBE]1OjTspCqvk8[/YOUTUBE]

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I go 80s, but not hair music. I stick with The The, Echo & the Bunnymen, Siouxsie and the Banshees. When new wave music first started becoming more popular. Even though the 90's come a very close, close second.

Tisiphone

Awww...I love that music!!! LoL, Eggs. AND I'M NOT A CUTTER

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I love Echo & the B too! I was quoting the lyrics to their song "The Cutter". :p ;)

Tisiphone

LOLOL

See what happens when I don't sleep?? I thought you were calling it cutter music. Holy Zeus.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
This is almost impossible. I spent most of my childhood in the 1980's (born '76), and most of my propert growing through Grunge & Britpop in the 1990's.

Having really 'found' music, I feel the late Beatles / Prog-Rock to Just Post-Punk period of 1967-1979 is the most exciting period of change in music.

That doesn't really answer the question, though, so if I had to, I'd choose the 1970's, which has a perfect blend for me. It's a toughie, because I have so much different stuff on my iPod from 1926 - present.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Has to be 80's. "Best" is a relative term, but it's definitely my favorite.

That's why I said "Favorite" instead of best PAY ATTENTION MAN K THX BYE PILLZLOL!!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Have to say the 60's. Anything that kickstarted with the beatles and ended with woodstock and Miles Davis is hands down my favrit.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
It really came down to two decades for me, the 80's or the 90's. I LOVED alot of the music in the 80's, everything from pop stuff like Culture Club to rock like Van Halen, etc. But 80's rap was my favorite; Run-DMC, Beastie Boys, LL Cool J, I loved all rap until it morphed into gangsta.

Still, I chose the 90's because it's when I came of age. I graduated high school in 1989, and my college years exposed me to tons of music I'd never heard, some if it from the 80's but most of it new. I just loved, loved, loved the grunge scene, and I'm still a fan of Pearl Jam to this day.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I used to love Eazy E, but I was on DRUGS. srsly.

NeonMercuryASH

beer, I want beer
1970-1975 1973 was the zenith as everyone who was ANYBODY had a definitive album that year. They were so definitive,. they left themselves with no place for an encore. 1983 until 1988. 1993-1996. Then the air leaked out and nothing was good anymore.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG and Too $hort, I forgot all about Too $hort!

Like the mack said homie, pimp the ho

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
1970-1975 1973 was the zenith as everyone who was ANYBODY had a definitive album that year. They were so definitive,. they left themselves with no place for an encore. 1983 until 1988. 1993-1996. Then the air leaked out and nothing was good anymore.
That's incredibly accurate, actually!