Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flashforward

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Starts tonight for you American pigdogs, Monday in the UK (on Five.) It has a good premise and a decent cast so it could be entertaining...but it's co-created by Braga so I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

If there's one thing Braga loves, it's fucking time travel. My expectations are very low.

I may or may not check it out.

Braga's last show Threshold wasen't too bad, so perhaps this one might not be either.

I found an illicit copy and am now starting the feed. My report will be filed within the hour.

It starts at 8pm! Someone needs to kick me out of the chat early so I don't miss the beginning!

It wasn't good. The dialogue and acting were subpar; throughout the pilot I found myself unable to care about any of the characters. It was somewhat satisfying to see LA in flames, briefly, but the people in this universe took the flash forward event way too easily; in reality there'd be massive panic. Finally, at the end, they introduced vague, mysterious time traveling figure wearing black (TM). Temporal Cold War, all over again?

It's on the same network as Lost (they don't like to tell people this though!) so Sonya Walger should be okay to appear as Penny again (if her and Desmond are even in season six.)

oh sure, I should have known better.... I started a thread in the media forum. Anyway

whats with the kangaroo?

Seriously, we need to kill most of the forums up there, none of you use them anyway.

;)
mm

I've seen worse, I've seen better.

Mandy, are you watching? Thursday night phone calls? :)

I agree with Dual, the acting was painful. Great premise, though, so there IS some potential. I'll give the show a pass for the "dude in black who wasn't passed out, oooooooo". A little predictability isn't horrible.

I didn't think it was too bad. Kept my interest, and I like the british guy who the wife will cheat with, and of course, Harold.

I just realized I posted a mild spoiler. MY APOLOGIES AND WILL TAKE MY PUNISHMENT WITHOUT QUESTION

Question: Was that Seth MacFarlane playing an FBI agent on "FlashForward"? What's up with that?

Answer: Why, yes, that was Seth MacFarlane, "Family Guy"/"American Dad" mastermind and Hulu spokesman.

A friend of "FlashForward's co-creator Brannon Braga, MacFarlane was invited to come be a part of the pilot as a lark. But this isn't the last we'll see of him. Rather he'll be "popping in and out" on occasion.

"He's game to do more," says producer Jessica Borsiczky Goyer. "And I'm a ridiculous 'Family Guy' fan. So I just shake in my boots every time he comes around.

"I love it."
MacFarlane and Braga are friends? Why does that not surprise me...

I've seen worse, I've seen better.

Mandy, are you watching? Thursday night phone calls? :)

I agree with Dual, the acting was painful. Great premise, though, so there IS some potential. I'll give the show a pass for the "dude in black who wasn't passed out, oooooooo". A little predictability isn't horrible.

I am watching! I didn't think it was awful, the pilot was full of action. I agree about the slightly bad acting, but hopefully they'll get better. lol.. Thursday night calls sound good! Project Runway starts at 10 so I have an hour to kill.

I think the kangaroo was supposed to give the scene a surreal feeling, like the world had gone crazy. I don't know.

Seems like a decent show. It started out kinda slow.

This show will have to be carefull on the speed they reveal things. If they do stuff to fast they will run short of material, if they stretch it out too long, well thats not good either.