Game Of Thrones 1.6 'A Golden Crown'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Reinstated as the Hand, Ned sits for the King while Robert is on a hunt, and issues a decree that could have long-term consequences throughout the Seven Kingdoms. At the Eyrie, Tyrion confesses to his “crimes,” and demands that Lysa give him a trial by combat. Joffrey apologizes to Sansa; Viserys receives his final payment for Daenerys from Drogo.

FUN FACT: This episode was written by former Buffy, BSG and Caprica writer Jane Espenson.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Better not be an information dump!! (no, I'll never forgive her for what she did to BSG)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I LIKE HER STILL OKAY. HER BSG EPISODES WERE COOL. FUCK YOU.

Also Episode 7 is airing Digitally on some online thing that only Americans can see right after episode 6 is shown so maybe that'll get put up online as well.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
This is going to be a fun episode IMO.. Can't wait for Viserys to get PAID.

CaptainWacky

If there's a torrent for episode 7 tomorrow I'll start a SEPERATE thread for that episode.

I'll have to watch.

Have you watched the first five episodes?

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
The heart-eating scene is a lot cuter than I remember it being in the book.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
There's your fucking crown, mofo!

Tisiphone

Did anyone else notice Nymphadora Tonks-Lupin?

Tisiphone

Well, seeing as it wasn't during the heart-eating scene, that's no excuse!!! ;)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The entire ep was great. BITCH GOT PAID.

Tisiphone

TAKE IT AND LIKE IT

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
HE WAS NO DRAGON.

CaptainWacky

Yes Tonks plays the wild woman (Osha.) Maybe she'll say "wotcher" at some point.

GOOD EPISODE. The crowning was suitably disturbing. I did feel bad for Viserys a bit because he was so pathetic in the end. The actor did good.

Tyrion had lots of funny lines. The whole "confession" scene was very funny. The boy playing Robin is good (really all the casting has been great so I'll stop saying it.) They changed the fight a bit from the book but kept the SPIRIT of it. A Lannister always pays his debts...

Sansa was rude to Septa Mordane. She was always polite in the book. I liked how they staged the bit with Joffrey apologising to make it look like a cliched romance scene but the viewer knows Joffrey is still a shit.

It's interesting that they keep giving Ros (the whore) scenes when she wasn't in the book. I guess there's some plan for her.

NEXT WEEK'S SHOULD BE PRETTY AWESOME.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It took a hell of a long time for someone to realise Joffrey had blonde hair... but I liked how they did that scene, with the dramatic (but not too dramatic) music as Ned thinks over who the baby daddy could be. The interplay between the sisters was realistic as well, as has been all of Sansa's grumpy teenage behaviour.

Tyrion's the best character really.

Glad we'll be seeing more of the Mountain. I'm guessing the guy Ned put in charge will be the first to croak.

That gold melted awfully fast, but I'll not quibble. Great scene. Though as someone who's new to the book/show, I might've liked a little more backstory about how Viserys came to be in such a position that he had no army, etc, when he's supposed to be the heir to such a prestigious legacy. Maybe some of that was explained in the first episode, but if so I didn't take it in, what with so many other introductions.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Well, Viserys and Dany are of the family that ruled before Robert and the mad king OR SOMETHING fuck I can't remember names. They were defeated and the two escaped across the sea.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I might've liked a little more backstory about how Viserys came to be in such a position that he had no army, etc, when he's supposed to be the heir to such a prestigious legacy. Maybe some of that was explained in the first episode, but if so I didn't take it in, what with so many other introductions.

I keep having to look at this to remind myself who people are supposed to be!

http://picturehoster.info/images/60300104271805471790.jpg