Game Of Thrones 1.9 'Baelor'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Ned makes a fateful decision; Robb takes a prized prisoner; Daenerys finds her reign imperiled.

SHOULD BE GOOD.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
1013.imgcache.jpg

Sexy little munchkin.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's sexy.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I always had a crush on Tyrion in the books, I'm so glad he's just as bad ass in the show!

CaptainWacky

HALF MAN FIGHT WITH US.

Tisiphone

Was only able to catch the last 10 minutes of the encore episode, but of course, it kicked major booty.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDD!!!!!!!!111111 :'(

I was expecting more action, and wondering how they'd pull it off, but I think they did it just right. It would be really hard to depict the battles as they are in the books, which I recall being some of the most EPIC descriptions of battle I'd ever read. (I may be getting the books mixed up in my remembering)

Love who they got to play Shae. She's hot, and sassy. I was hoping we'd see Tyrion's dong.

I'd completely forgotten how skeazy the Frey's were, and all about Robb having to marry one of the daughters.

Joffrey is a CUNT.

Tisiphone

Soft-hearted women. Pshaw!!!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The Freys are the trailer trash of Westeros!

CaptainWacky

MAYBE SEAN BEAN WILL RETURN AS NED'S TWIN BROTHER "TED STARK" NEXT SEASON!? :(

It was pretty shocking in the books too. And just think, there's still another episode to go!

I was a bit disappointed by the (lack of) battles. Yes I knew they didn't have the budget for anything big, but they could have done a bit more intimate fighting at least. Tyrion being knocked out was really cheap and made him look a bit silly. IN THE BOOK the battle is told from his point of view and he even defeats a knight using his head. So I thought we might have saw that. We didn't see Gregor in action either and I WONDER if non book readers are confused as to why he was even included earlier in the seasno when we haven't seen him since (he'll be back in the future.) I thought at least we'd see Jaime taking out some Stark men before being captured since that was in a wood and it would have been easier to show it without needing to see lots of other people all around...anyway, I'm a bit worried about how they're going to do the ridiculously epic battle from book two (spoilers!) now...

Anyway, it was still really good. Walder Frey is disgusting. He didn't really look ninety but the actor was good. The scene with Maester Aemon revealing his heritage to Jon was really good too. And all the Dany was cool and Emilia Clarke's acting was the best its been (plus Jorah in his armour FOR THE LADIES.)

No chance of seeing the Tower Of Joy or "promise me, Ned" now though. :(

Sir Sacrifyx

Sacrifyx Aloysius Bastard I
I'd always meant to read the books, but never got around to it. Now it appears I don't have to. Love this show, my fiancee finds it depressing how nothing good ever really happens. Tyrion is my favorite character, and not just because midgets make me smile. I think his general demeanor adds a bit of light to an otherwise dark world.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Well, that kind of sucked. I mean not the show - it was great as always - but I like Sean Bean :(