Game Of Thrones 2.1 'The North Remembers'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
As Robb Stark and his northern army continue the war against the Lannisters, Tyrion arrives in King’s Landing to counsel Joffrey and temper the young king’s excesses. On the island of Dragonstone, Stannis Baratheon plots an invasion to claim his late brother’s throne, allying himself with the fiery Melisandre, a strange priestess of a stranger god. Across the sea, Daenerys, her three young dragons and khalasar trek through the Red Waste in search of allies, or water. In the North, Bran presides over a threadbare Winterfell, while beyond the Wall, Jon Snow and the Night’s Watch must shelter with a devious wildling.

Back tonight!? They sure kept that quiet!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
All the GoT related twitterers are BLOWING Twitter up. I'm considering UNFOLLOWING the bastards :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

But it's #GOTday!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Not enough ARYA!!!!!!!

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
Is it following the second book fairly closely?
(I should be able to see it up here in a day or two)

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I slept through last nights ep. I catch up this afternoon (still have to finish yeard work and go to the gym)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
IT WAS GOOD! I like how they just jump right back into the story without missing a beat. Tyrion is still a sexy little imp.

curiousa2z, they do follow along with the books pretty closely, but you'll notice a change here or there. I don't notice them because it's been a long time since I read them.

Tisiphone

I wasn't happy with the short screen time of Bronn either.

What is it with me and guys who can kill people?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I LIKED THE EPISODE.

I guess it's main problem was that it had to reintroduce all 75 plots and so we didn't get enough time with, say Arya or Dany. Or Sansa. Poor Sansa.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It was understandably talky talky, but there were some really good lines to keep it entertaining. I think I'll need to consult one of those character flowcharts again, though. I just about knew who was being referred to most of the time, but sometimes it's hard to remember if they're talking about someone new or someone we've seen.

Will be looking forward to next week's.

"And good cheekbones."

CaptainWacky

She does have good cheekbones!

Yeah that episode did feel like it was trying to include all the storylines just to recap the viewer as to where everyone is. Meaning some got limited screentime, but really they can't give everyone equal screentime every week because it's TOO DAMN SHORT. Seriously the episodes should last at least an hour (NO INCLUDING THE TIME FOR THE CREDITS) every week. And there should be more than ten. BUT I know Jon, Dany and Arya have cool stuff coming up so I'm not worried about them!

Hopefully people will stop complaining about Lena Headey because I thought she was pretty great in all her scenes. Joff is a really convincing little baby-murdering sociopath.

Good to see Peter Dinklage top billed.

Ser Dontos looked like he was wearing an american flag which was kind of weird. I liked Sansa saving him and The Hound backing up her lie, though I don't know if the episode made it clear that he was helping her.

Craster was suitably creepy.

Grey Wind looked good and Drogon (the dragon) looked really good. I suppose it's easier to animate scales than fur.

I really wish they had had a longer introduction to Stannis, Mel and Davos, but they didn't even go into Davos' backstory yet so I'm sure we'll get more on them next week (Davos is the "silence, you insect" guy from Outcasts, Fuddlemiff.) I liked Stannis dictating the letter in his Stannis-like way.

COMPLAINTS: Why oh why is Ros suddenly head of a whole whorehouse? She just came off the turnip truck from Westeros a few months ago! They should have kept the character from the book (plus she was black and would have given them some ethnic diversity!)

NOT ENOUGH VARYS.

EDIT: Oliver Ford Davies died too quickly!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Captainwacky does the best GoT reviews. :rwmad: I don't know how you remember all those details!

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
"You cunt!" - Sansa, to Joffrey.

CaptainWacky

Yeah it did sound a bit like that!

Tisiphone

I like reading other peoples reviews because they usually say what I want to say, just better.

I don't remember Jaime being THAT snarky while he was held captive, but maybe they're just embellishing for the drama.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I really don't remember much from the book at all.

In fact, I was only really completely sure I'd read A Clash of Kings once they got to the scene with the woman in red and the smug not dying bit.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That scene kinda confused me. I saw the old guy put something in the wine, and I'm sure he thought HE wouldn't die and that she would. OR SOMETHING?

Tisiphone

I think at this point I'm just going to stop trying to rememeber everything from the books and just enjoy the awesomeness of the show. If something really confuses me or I've drawn a blank, I'll wiki it.