Game Of Thrones 2.10 'Valar Morghulis'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
King Joffrey doles out rewards to his subjects. As Theon stirs his men to action, Luwin offers some final advice. Brienne silences Jaime; Arya receives a gift from Jaqen; Dany goes to a strange place; Jon proves himself to Qhorin.

Season finale ALREADY when it seems like the season has only just started. Valar Morghulis indeed.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Should be good!

Might do a marathon of both seasons after I've finished with Firefly.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Those Iron Islander guys are real comedians.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Yep.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Argh... they're setting Roz up for more story lines. WHY?

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
HELL YEAH

Loved the Brienne/Jaime scene. The look on his face when she's slicing those dudes up was priceless.

JAQEN! My nephew hadn't gotten that far in the books and this literally came out of his 17-year-old mouth in front of us all...WHAT THE FUCK JAQEN!

The ending was awesome.

And booooooooooooooo to more Roz. She's not that important.

So....now I think I need an Arya avatar to get me through the long summer/winter without GoT. Which one of my esteemed colleagues will help me with that? Pretty please?

Seph

Retired Account
can anyone link me to a working stream or torrent cant find one.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Zombie horses FTW. (And I don't normally say "FTW", so that's quite a big deal). I knew it was coming, but that's totally stolen The Walking Dead's thunder. Seriously, the one thing TWD's had going for itself lately has been the occasional undead, and now they don't even have that as a unique selling point.

ANYWAY. Good episode! I was hoping in the bit where Dany was walking round the circular bit she'd end up getting back to the beginning, but she would have shrunk small enough to fit through the small indent that the (now apparently gigantic) dude had been standing next to. A bit of an Alice in Wonderland feel.

The apocalyptic throne room had a slight Heroes vibe, except that the snow would have been radioactive dust and Dany would've been a goofy Asian dude.

Loved the effects for the dragon fire. Creepy Dude should've been a bit more careful, though.

Almost felt sorry for Theon at one point but then I remembered the charred kids. Was he missing when Hodor and the gang showed up? I guess he must've been since he was only knocked unconscious.

No! Jaqen you can't change your face to one that's less smizy! Guh!

"You have a shit memory."

Tisiphone

^Yep, I'm gonna miss sexy Jaqen. (If we ever see him again, that is).

My only complaint...No Bronn??!!?? I guess they figured he was so big in last week's episode that he needed to rest his swag.

Seph

Retired Account
I didn't read any of that fuck you spoiler posting fukkazzz!

Yub

Anachrophobic
Zombie horses FTW. (And I don't normally say "FTW", so that's quite a big deal). I knew it was coming, but that's totally stolen The Walking Dead's thunder. Seriously, the one thing TWD's had going for itself lately has been the occasional undead, and now they don't even have that as a unique selling point.

I hope AMC gets the message and gives TWD big monies to amp the third season. Michonne is awesome, but not that awesome. Also Sammy wasn't worth killing, apparently.

Theon Greyjoy is a little shit who deserves everything he gets. They ought to shove him in a barrel with Joffrey and trebuchet it into the Narrow Sea.

I predict grisly deaths for the Imp and his hot bint. The whole YOU SHOULD GET OUT NAO vibe was thick over his scenes.

Arya left without Needle?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Arya leaves without Needle in the book too.

SO YEAH good episode. It did suffer from having to feature EVERY storyline so none of them got a lot of time. But there was lots of cool stuff...

I liked Pycelle dropping the feeble old man act when he was alone with Tyrion. Peter Dinklage was really good AS USUAL. In the book he actually lost his nose, but I can understand that would be hard to do in a tv show.

Brienne/Jaime scene was good and YOU CAN TELL he was impressed by her.

Theon might be a shit but Alfie Allen is REALLY good. I loved the scene with Luwin and his anger at the guy blowing the horn. Then his speech was awesome and followed with comedy.

"Thought he'd never shut up."
"It was a good speech, didn't want to interrupt it."

But the whole sequence of events in Winterfell must have been confusing for non-book readers, right? Like no one asks how Winterfell got burned down. They could have had Luwin telling Bran...

SPEAKING OF I nearly cried at Luwin's death scene. It was really sad in the book too.

I liked the opening scene in the throne room, even if Littlefinger is stupidly non subtle. I like how Tywin doesn't even get off his horse for the king.

SPEAKING OF HORSES why are zombie animals so cool? The shot of the White Walker was really good. I do hope they don't just let Sam go and BOOK SPOILER happens...

Dany looked really hot throughout. It was good seeing Drogo again.

BUT the House of the Undying was SO MUCH BETTER IN THE BOOK, sorry. They could have spent a whole episode in it. They cut out ALL the actual prophecies and important stuff Dany saw. Drogo's cool, but Rhaegar saying "his is a song of ice and fire" is cooler DAMN IT.

And the Jon Snow story has been done poory. He's just been made to look like an idiot all season. They should have had him and Halfhand together longer so it meant more when he died. Also the "now to meet the King Beyond the Wall!" line should have had "but not until next season because he hasn't been cast yet" added!

Anyway, I could write a whole post about the changes from the book to the tv show AND MAYBE I WILL sometime.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I would be VERY interested in reading a post about the differences. YOU SHOULD DO IT, imo.

I think my big complaint for the entire season is that they cut some of the good characters for characters with TITS. Tits are good, but fuck we can look at tits on the internet all day.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'd like to hear about the differences too. Especially about the House of the Undying. They could have at least had her entering it last week, instead of just a couple of scenes of her deliberating whether too.

Yub

Anachrophobic
I'm getting to the book. I'm still not finished the first one. Maybe I lock the wife and kids up in a room and spend a week reading until I'm done with all five books or something.

Tisiphone

As long as you give them bread and water, should be fine.

Seph

Retired Account
Watched it last night thank god i have found a new show that i could watch two seasons of without throwing my laptop off a very high building in RRRAAAGGGGEEEE :rwmad:

Seph

Retired Account
Have they started filming season three yet?

Cmon im bored, better watch season 1 and 2 again in one sitting...

*meanders off.