Game Of Thrones 2.10 'Valar Morghulis'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
They've started casting for season three. But it won't be on until April next year, probably.

CaptainWacky

I think my big complaint for the entire season is that they cut some of the good characters for characters with TITS. Tits are good, but fuck we can look at tits on the internet all day.

I'm not usually one of those "lol they just insert nudity everywhere" people and I think most of the nudity is justifiable (nothing wrong with seeing Bron singing with hookers before the battle, for exmaple) but there was one sex scene I had a problem with: Joffrey torturing the prostitutes. Not that I'm opposed to them including sexual violence, I'm fine with that! But it felt like they almost had a checklist of different sex scens to get through and they reached "sexual violence" and thought "let's invent a Joffrey scene!"

The scene itself was fine, but it just felt like a waste of time. The same episode had Joffrey torturing Sansa by stripping her in front of the court, a scene that was in the book and was very effective. Why did they need another sexual tortue type scene with Joffrey directly after it? Did it add anything? Did we learn anything about Joffrey we didn't really know? It was the only scene that really felt like them just inserting nudity for the sake of it (well, maybe Ros showing her tits to Varys, but I liked that scene.)

IN THE BOOK, Joffrey shoots protesters with his crossbow (or tries to anyway) and has Stannis supporters thrown out of the city by catapult. I'd have rather have seen either of those things than the torture Ros scene.

I'd like to hear about the differences too. Especially about the House of the Undying. They could have at least had her entering it last week, instead of just a couple of scenes of her deliberating whether too.

The whole Qarth story was quite different in the book. Xaro Xhoan Daxos was gay, kept asking Dany to marry him so he could get one of her dragons, and weaped every time she refused (which would probably have looked silly.) The dragons weren't stolen and Dany went into the House of the Undying to learn from the warlocks. She saw many confusing visions that showed future events in the books (many have come true as of book five.) It was a whole load of foreshadowing and prophecy and I guess they thought tv viwers wouldn't like that, but I missed the carzy surrealness of it. I don't want to list all the prophecies because it's hard to write them down without giving spoilers, I guess...

The Warlocks then tried to feed off her energy or something but Drogon (the black dragon) burned the house down and Dany had to flee Qarth and encoutered another character who hopefully will be introduced next season...

Seph

Retired Account
They've started casting for season three. But it won't be on until April next year, probably.

Suicidal.gif

Seph

Retired Account
Brooding.gif

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm not bothered about nudity or sexual violence in TV shows either, but I felt they cut some really good stuff when they could have left out some of the sexy and kept the good stuff. The story is quite gritty, brutal, sexual and INTERESTING, it doesn't need more sexing up, IMO! Ros showing her tits to Varys was a good scene, but it just makes me know they're going to cut more things that happened and replace them with TITS.

Seph

Retired Account
God bless America.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
interesting where they choose to diverge from the books.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
As long as they don't fuck with Arya or Brienne's story, I'll remain calm.

Seph

Retired Account
Best characters.

John Snow, Tirion Lanester and Ned Starks youngest daughter.

You can all shush now, no talking to me till season 3 is out.

Seph

Retired Account
dbl pst nw fck off

CaptainWacky

As long as they don't fuck with Arya or Brienne's story, I'll remain calm.

They already changed Arya's story quite a bit.

And Brienne's first kill in the books was a big deal but in the show she's killing men at the drop of a hat (not that the rapists didn't deserve it.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]-RgOm_WJKpE[/YOUTUBE]

Theon is a stoner!

(somehow I never knew this song existed and that Lily Allen is Alfie Allen's sister)

CaptainWacky

Can't believe Cliff Richard hit that.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
They already changed Arya's story quite a bit.

And Brienne's first kill in the books was a big deal but in the show she's killing men at the drop of a hat (not that the rapists didn't deserve it.)

No, I know they've changed Arya's storyline, how she and Tywin never had a relationship, their escape from the Hall and other things. I meant more along the lines of her personality. She needs to continue on the road to being a BADASS, is all I'm saying.

As for Brienne, as long as she and Jaime have the same type of relationship in the book, then all will be right in my world. I don't mind seeing her kill so much, because I think it's necessary to establish to those who haven't read the books what a great warrior she is, and how men underestimate her.

CaptainWacky

Yeah, they haven't actually changed Arya's character at all yet, which is the important part (thought she was a little more...advanced in certain skills by this point in the book.)

My only concern with Brienne is if they turn her into an ultra cold terminator badass who chops people down then make a silly quip every week or something.

ANYWAY, another "before they were Game of Thrones" video with THE HOUND.

[YOUTUBE]6tZ0LWGdTq0[/YOUTUBE]

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Would be really interested to see how they play Theon and if there is any empathy at all. When his story develops I will be intrigued mainly as I have been massively conflicted (word of the day!) when reading the book. He's a little cowardly shit, but then...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I always had a little sympathy for Theon. Yeah, he's a total shit, but he was taken from his family, kept as a prisoner (no matter how cushy the prison), reminded all his life that he was being SO WELL TREATED by his captors, and then he has this totally fucked up family anyway. Shit... his sister let him finger her!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
It was a fun ride this season. My favorite sequence is stil Cersei getting very very drunk.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
5745.imgcache.jpg