Game Of Thrones 2.2 'The Night Lands'

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Another good episode, as usual. Not really much to talk about, or maybe Ijust can't think of anything.

I can think of something. Who is that creeping around in the scary woods at the end of the episode? And what is the deal with the baby and the mysterious creature making guttural sounds?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Well the thing in the woods was one of the creatures that comes around during the winter (can't remember what they're called :rwmad: ) Craster gets rid of the boy babies by leaving them in the woods, probably like a sacrifice to keep the creepy things from getting him.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Seems like they changed a bunch of Littlefinger stuff.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I can't remember what eventually happens to Gendry. So someone TELL ME you can use spoiler tags, OK?

He ends up joining the Brotherhood Without Banners. I think he's with Zombie Cat when she's hanging Brienne at the end of Feast For Crows.

I need to check who Stannis is related to.

Stannis is Robert's brother. Robert was married to Cersei and the supposed father of Joffrey, but now that the incest is known Stannis thinks he's the rightful king. Renly, of gay body-shaving fame, is the other, more charismatic, brother.

Well the thing in the woods was one of the creatures that comes around during the winter (can't remember what they're called :rwmad: )

The White Walkers (called The Others most of the time in the book but changed because of FUCKING LOST.)

SO YEAH good episode. I thought Balon Greyjoy was well cast. Yara (ASHA) seemed good though I don't know if she'll be convincing as a warrior woman.

The Stannis/Mel sex scene isn't in the book, but then neither of them are point of view characters (at that point anyway) so like with Renly/Loras it makes sense to show rather than imply in the tv version.

Not sure about the Littlefinger scene. I mean it was well acted but don't we all know that Littlefinger's a dick by now? And it annoys me that Ros has had more screentime than Lady Stark, Sansa and even Dany so far.

They probably could have shown the White Walker better at the end.

Jaqen H'ghar was cool in his short appearance.

HOT PIE.

Ghost was cute!

RAKHARO DIDN'T DIE IN THE BOOKS (the actor wasn't available.)

Lots of good lines!

"You should try her fish pie."

"I can't steal her, she's a person, not a goat!"

"You should try smiling with your lips closed."

"All that stuff about cocks, I shouldn't have said that."

"The One True God is what's between a woman's legs."

"Would you kill an infant for me, without question?"
"Without question? No. I'd ask you how much."

"It's all fallen on me."
"So has Jaime, repeatedly."

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Do we know who's been spreading the rumours about Cersei and Jaime? Am I even paying fucking attention?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Well Ned send a letter to Stannis telling him about it, and the fact that Joffrey isn't the rightful heir and Stannis is, so it's Stannis who's speading the news around everywhere.

RIGHT?

CaptainWacky

Yes, you're actually not paying attention, we saw Stannis sending letters out to all over the Seven Kingdom's last week. He was dicatating the letter to Davos' son.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oh, that makes sense. I should've rewatched season 1 really. All I remembered was that Ned hadn't said anything publicly about it.

It's either that or thingamy (the one that looks vaguely like Lt Reed from Enterprise) and Littlefinger, because they're both such sticky beaks!

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
"We're not attacking King's Landing just so you can rape the queen!"

Ah, comedy.

CaptainWacky

He wasn't going to rape her. Just fuck her.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Yay Jaqen.

I'm with Wacky on Yara, she doesn't give me this huge warrior woman amazon vibe, so I'll wait and judge.

RAKHARO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"I'm your only living heir!" All his scenes made me laugh.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Game of Thrones renewed for 3rd season!

CaptainWacky

Was hoping they'd renew it for a third and fourth (since book three is going to be divided between two seasons) but hey, it's better than being cancelled!

UNRELATED THEON VIDEO.

[YOUTUBE]bQWwNJVCSpg[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

GRRM confirms that season three will only cover the first half of book three, so maybe we'll finally have some episodes that don't feel rushed! (Not that this season hasn't been great so far anyway.)

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/04/grrm-responds-to-renewal-adds-details/

Also he's writing episode seven of season three and it's titled 'Autumn Storms' but no one can work out which part of the book it'll cover.

Also the producers have said that some characters from book two who weren't in season two for time reasons will be introduced in season three! THE REEDS?