Game Of Thrones 3.1 'Valar Dohaeris'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Jon is brought before Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall, while the Night’s Watch survivors retreat south. In King’s Landing, Tyrion asks for his reward. Littlefinger offers Sansa a way out. Cersei hosts a dinner for the royal family. Daenerys sails into Slaver’s Bay.

The tv show "Game Of Thrones" returns tonight.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'M SO EXCITED. I bet Tumblr is EXPLODING.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I HOPE THERE'S NUDITY.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I made my remarks in the Media Center.

For the Mine Field I'll say this... I want my Arya back! Where the shit is Arya!? For that matter, what is whatserface Stark still doing in King's Landing? Didn't big ugly take her away during the battle? I am so confused.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
ARYA NEXT WEEK

SEXY BRONN

That's all I'll say for now.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
SEXY BRONN

You rang?

8850.imgcache.png

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Where's Strong Balwas? Wasn't he supposed to be somewhere in there?

Yes, I know Arya is next week. So many characters and plot threads to reintroduce they needed two episodes for all of it. I mean, they didn't even cover anything of sacked Winterfell.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Aww, poor Samwell, couldn't even send the ravens. It has been so long since I read Storm of Swords that I can't remember what's supposed to happen next. I loved all the scenes from north of the wall. The giant was cool, and the sfx were really good. Sometimes the wall stuff isn't as interesting as other stuff, but this time I wanted more and was disappointed when they switched away from Jon and Mance.

Winterfell (edit: WAIT, that was Harrenhal, why was Robb at Harrenhal?) was sad, I hope we get to see Bran and Hodor soon. HODOR HODOR HODOR and his mighty dong.

TYWIN IS SUCH A FUCKFACE :rwmad: Tyrion is awesome.

So many things happened, hard to comment on everything. OH yeah Margaery is also awesome. Conniving and tricksy. Joffrey doesn't have a chance.

ALSO, loved Dany's scenes. Can't wait so see how that all comes out on the show. The Unsullied! Ser Barristan Selby!

Enkephalen

My Stars!
I thought the scene between daddy (Tywin) and son (Tyrion) was really well acted. The change in Tyrion's countenance as Tywin cut his hopes and dreams to shreds was subtle but exceptional. Wow, dad put all his long held hatred, dissappointment and frustration into that speech. Even though Tyrion made a fast exit you felt his embarrassment and anger at having his life long fears realized: daddy not only doesn't love him, daddy dispises him with every fiber of his being-soul deep.

Truly, a well-acted scene by both actors.

I look forward to how Tyrion's revenge will be played out.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Aww, poor Samwell, couldn't even send the ravens.

He probably ate them. Seriously, why is he still so fat? Shouldn't weeks outside the wall in freezing temperatures and limited supplies and battles with zombies at least made him lose some weight?

Winterfell (edit: WAIT, that was Harrenhal, why was Robb at Harrenhal?)

Harrenhal. They were at Harrenhal. According to the books, he's right on schedule.

TYWIN IS SUCH A FUCKFACE :rwmad: Tyrion is awesome.

Acting. That, and Charles Dance is one of the few actors who actually reads the parts of the book his character is in so that he can get the part right.

Dinklage was stunning in this scene. His little about-face after Tywin's "and one more thing..." sold the scene. He looked like a little boy who was about to run off to his room to cry because daddy doesn't love him. SO fucking good.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
So, about that little aside with the power-whores. Anyone else think it was back-handedly feminist?

"You go girl. Spread your legs to the right powerful man, and you won't have to put up with the smelly drunkards any more. That's how we define success."

Cersei's face at the dinner table when she's being lambasted by Margaery was fucking priceless.

8859.imgcache.png

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
WHERE IS CAPTAINWACKY?

I wonder if they're saving the red wedding for the finale.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
^
They're saving it for the 9th episode climax.

It's gonna be fukken' awesome.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Robb really should not have been at Harrenhal, he should be heading to the Twins. But since they're saving the SPOILER thing they need to slow Robb down. Fuck, I just remembered they switched Jeyne for Talisa in the show. Also, did the guy who was still alive say his name was Qyburn? I need to stop trying to think about how it all happened in the books, because they are veering further away all the time. I guess they wanted to give Robb more screen time this season.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
^ Yes, the alive guy said his name is Qyburn.

Are you referring to the part in Season 1 where the Stark Host reaches the Twins and makes the pact with Lord Frey? That's already been said and done. We're way past that now. Maybe you need to do a season 1 recap marathon. Should only take 12 hours. So, next Sunday, clear your schedule, buy a five-pack of some microwave popcorn and catch up. Make sure to repeat for all of season 2 the following weekend. OR just wiki it!

Robb hasn't done any of the things that lead up to the Red Wedding just yet.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
No I'm not talking about the pact in season 1. I'm talking about the negotiations for the marriage of Edmure. Robb didn't go to Harrenhal after Riverrun in the books.