Game Of Thrones 3.4 'And Now His Watch Is Ended'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The Night’s Watch takes stock. Varys meets his better. Arya is taken to the commander of the Brotherhood. Daenerys exchanges a chain for a whip.

Should be good!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Loved how we got more about Pod's encounter with the "ladies". YOU GO, POD!!!!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
FUCKING RAIN FUCKING BLOCKED MY FUCKING SATELLITE FUCK. :rwmad:

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
yeah... The scene with Danerys revealing her knowledge of Old Valyrian was full of win. They did a great job with that.... but I thought the Unsullied had spikes on their helmets, not their shields?

also: Danerys is much hotter when she's angry. hubba hubba.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
That was a good episode.

Also I'd totally watch a series of Margaery and Sansa just going around being gal pals.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I am afraid to make comments for fear of spoilage - - has everyone read all the books now?

CaptainWacky

YEAH good episode! Nothing to complain about really BUT I'LL FIND SOMETHING...

Jaime/Brienne lines are good. They have kind of changed Brienne from book Brienne which is a shame but maybe she'll say some of the things book Brienne would say later. (Things Book Brienne wouldn't say: "you sound like a bloody woman.")

Varys scene was good...some people ONLINE are acting like he's had that guy in the box with his mouth sewn shut for years, but I took the scene to mean that he'd only just had the guy sent over (since he said "it's been a long time..." and also it would be hard to keep a guy alive in a box with his mouth sewn up.)

Dianna Rigg continues to impress!

Natalie Dormer is just brilliant and yes I could watch her and Sansa doing each other's hair all day.

The mutiny at Craster's was good but could have used a bit more build-up maybe. I'm guessing we'll see Rast and Owen from Torchwood clashing with Sam again. I liked how Mormont still managed to nearly kill Rast even after being stabbed, but really wish they'd left in him dying in Sam's arms and his last words about Jorah. Has it even really been mentioned on the show that he was Jorah's dad? TOO LATE NOW.

It's a shame they left out the scene where the Brotherhood took Arya to the crazy dwarf woodswitch. I mean I understand why they did, but it was a fun chapter.

The ending was awesome.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
No, they certainly haven't mentioned he was Jorah's dad. That is a big deal.

Joffrey is a right plonker.

Really glad that Diana Rigg has been in a few episodes. I expected her to be only a blink and you miss it kinda thing (on account of her being quite old). Glad I was wrong.

All of Dany's stuff was great. Epic closing shot.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Wacky, here's something you can complain about: Conleth Hill's constant vibrating while speaking. It's as if the man can't stand still or is afflicted with Parkinson's. He also mugs a bit too much with his eyes. Watch it again. You'll notice his movement with every syllable. He delivers his lines perfectly, but all that movement is distracting.

Nitpick #2: Jaime's hand should not still be flesh colored with bulging veins. Made it look way too fake and prop-ish.

Last but not least: Rigg's head gear keeps reminding me of the Sayyadina's head gear from the Dune miniseries.

CaptainWacky

Yeah I probably won't be complaining about any of that.

Littlefinger's Batman voice, on the other hand...

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
I wanna know where the HELL Strong Belwas is!?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yay, my satellite wasn't blocked by evil trees!

That was a fantastic episode. Loved Dany's bit at the end. Hope they don't change Brienne's character too much, but I guess they did that to save some time? Who the fuck knows, at least they didn't make her a sassy prostitute.

Natalie Dormer is killing it. She is so good.

CaptainWacky

4.87 million viewers...definitely going to top five million by the end of the season (and possibly next week.)