Game of Thrones 3.9 'The Rains Of Castamere'

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Robb presents himself to Walder Frey, and Edmure meets his bride. Jon faces his harshest test yet. Bran discovers a new gift. Daario and Jorah debate how to take Yunkai. House Frey joins with House Tully.

Should be good!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
THE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They did a really good job making Walder Frey SUPER CREEPY. The Red Wedding was probably one of the best translations from book to tv show they've done so far. It's just too bad they didn't use the previous season to make people care about Robb and Catelyn more IMO! But still, they did a good job. I loved it when The Rains of Castamere started playing and Catelyn figured out something was wrong.

They should make an Arya and Sandor spinoff show. I love the look on Sandor's face sometimes when he appreciates something Arya has done or said. Like when she conked the guy on the head.

Dany's storyline has been shortchanged this season. It's almost as if she's an afterthought. I hope they do better with her next season. I think they will have more time to devote to her, now that the Red Wedding is over.

I LOVED Bran's scenes, and also hope they have more time to give him next season.

Tisiphone

I feel the same way about Arya and Sandor (Sarya?? Sandorya??). The look on his face when she was talking about how she knew his fear and that she'd stab him through the eye and out the back of his skull. He had this expression like "Yeah, she'd totally fucking do that."

I always enjoyed Robb, and I believe he would have made a great king. And even if I hadn't read the books I would have been able to tell something was up because they were spending waaaaaaay too much time on him and his woman.

Why didn't Jon come back and look for his brothers? Surely he recognized Summer and Shaggy Dog.

Tisiphone

AND SHE CALLED SAM A WIZARD

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH, I forgot about Sam! They haven't really done him justice. I always loved him in the books, he's so sweet and sincere.

Tisiphone

That's pretty much the text I got from my nephew because I refused to tell him who all was going to die.

THAT'S THE MOST FUCKED UP THING IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE is how Ron Weasley described it. (yes, that's his nickname because he looks just like Rupert).

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
AND JORAH'S FACE WHEN DANY ASKED ABOUT DAARIO... poor Jorah.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
So, my only complaint about this episode was the last moments before Random Frey Soldier #3 slit Cait's throat. The throat slitting looked WAY too fake and the time it took for the random soldier to dispassionately cut her throat was WAY too long after she killed Frey's wife. I get that it was a dramatic pause so that you can read the despair in Cait's face, but it smacked too much of Shakespeare for me.

Meh.. mixed feelings.

Yes, definitely a Hound and Arry spinoff. The looks on his face when she'd say some cold-blooded shit was fucking priceless.

INCREDIBLE fight choreography for Grey Worm, Jorah, and Daario! Those dudes are awesome. Shield and Spear, Sword and Armor, and Khopesh with Leather. Those are three VERY distinct fighting styles. VERY hard to get them right.

"You call that a few guards!?"

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]78juOpTM3tE[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

LOL the woman hiding behind the towel with the dog watching her.

Michelle Fairely did a great job! I do think the writing for Cat has been a bit lacklustre the last two seasons (they took some of the sensible things she did away and gave them to Robb) but I don't thnk it mattered much in this episode.

Talisa's death was probably the most disturbing for me because it's not in the books so I wasn't expecting it to happen like that and so fast.

SOME PEOPLE will complain that "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" was changed to just "the Lannisters send their regards" but I guess they thought tv viewers might think Jaime was the mastermind behidn it or something (it was just Roose being snarky) so whatever.

It's a shame they didn't have Grey Wind kill a few Freys (LIKE IN THE BOOK) but having Arya seeing him die was a good addition.

I liked the Hound eating pigs.

I'm glad they kept in Hodor's Hodor attack! The Jon/Bran scenes with them nearly meeting were done well. And Rickon got loads of lines for once and the "I'm your brother, I need to protect you!" bit nearly made me feel an emotion.

Remember earlier in the season when Bran had a dream of Cat and she went all grey like she was dead? FORESHADOWING.

The fight scene with Jorah, Grey Worm and Daario was good. I guess the other guys who showed up were the ones who threw down their swords? Because having those three beat all of them would be going a bit too far.

I think this was the first episode without Tyrion in it.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'm just relieved that Arya didn't croak.

I'm most upset about Catelyn dying, because though the character hasn't had much to do lately, I always enjoyed the actress's performance. Not so bothered about Robb. He would have made a good king, but he was a bit dull and I always felt he was the most expendable of the contenders for the throne.

I agree about Dany. I mean, it's not that nothing has happened with her this season, it's just that it's been the same thing happening a few times, and none of it's particularly gripping. She deserves some good long acting scenes.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I'm just relieved that Arya didn't croak.

9347.imgcache.gif

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
\The Red Wedding was probably one of the best translations from book to tv show they've done so far.

I thought she killed someone other than Frey's wife? Also, didn't she claw her face off in madness?

There will be no Zombie Cat.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
She killed Walder's retarded grandson, but I still think it was the best one they've done.

CaptainWacky

I thought she killed someone other than Frey's wife? Also, didn't she claw her face off in madness?

There will be no Zombie Cat.

I don't see how the one thing leads you to conclue the other thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.