Game of Thrones 3.9 'The Rains Of Castamere'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Things I wanted to see. Cat clawing her face off would've been pretty interesting.

They only have so much latex to make zombie characters, they can't do a zombie Cat. This makes me sad.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It was funny.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
Things I wanted to see. Cat clawing her face off would've been pretty interesting.

They only have so much latex to make zombie characters, they can't do a zombie Cat. This makes me sad.

I think Robb's wife getting multiple-stabbed in the uterus fills the fucked-up-way-to-die quota for this season.

And when there's a latex shortage, everybody suffers.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
DOZENS of people have been stabbed on this show. Most of them run through, like that warg wildling guy I can never remember his name. Just because she got stabbed in the fetus, doesn't really make it any more fucked up. Clawing ones own face off? That's cinema gold. They weren't afraid to go full-bore-gore flaying Theon's pinky - I've got a strong constitution when it comes to gore, but that one made my stomach churn. Or when they cleaved Beric in half.

Knowing they won't have a Lady Stoneheart in the show, it kinda makes sense that they wouldn't show her going completely mad and tearing her face off, but it was such a good point in the books. They already did a great job at showing her on the precipice of being nuts by making those totems. I'm wondering what they're gonna do with Brienne and the whole "oathbreaker" thread.

As someone tweeted, "somewhere, a corn syrup manufacturer just put a down payment on a new yacht."

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Wait... why do you think she won't be on the show?

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Nevermind. My sources lied to me. She's gonna be there.

Must've misread the bits about HOW she comes back. Deric might not sacrifice his "immortality" so that she can come back, but Thoros does it unwittingly trying to revive Cat. Although, it is confirmed that Stoneheart won't have any speaking parts. That's gonna get weird.

CaptainWacky

You know nothing, Con Snow.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Don't force the meme

Who's forcing anything? It's been a thing in the show since the first season when Jorah saved Dany's eggs from the thief. There are half a dozen other times where he's tried to win her heart, only to have her fall in love with the pretty boy.

However, it is something of a disservice to the character, because in the books he's described as homely and kinda unattractive. Sort of like a cleaned up version of the Hound. So, it makes sense that he keeps getting passed over by Dany. In the show, he's got this sort of scruffy attractiveness. That's why his getting passed over in the show is even more hilarious. You'd think a dude that helps deliver her through a desert, protects her from assassins, and practically sacks a city with the GoT equivalent of the Backstreet Boys, would at least make her lady parts tingle just a bit. NOOOOOPE!

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
DOZENS of people have been stabbed on this show. Most of them run through, like that warg wildling guy I can never remember his name. Just because she got stabbed in the fetus, doesn't really make it any more fucked up.

YOU DONT HAVE A UTERUS MAN YOU DONT KNOW

But seriously...yeah, I'd have to say it's just a little more fucked up. It was, in its way, like watching a baby's brains get dashed against a wall. When the stabber goes straight for the fetus and not the woman (although it's obviously intentional that she will be joining it in death,) there's an extra layer of horror; of "fuck you, fuck your ilk and especially fuck your future", that a straightforward killing --even an exotic one-- just doesn't quite say.

Also, consider the male counterpart: we never actually saw R___ B___ filet Theon's junk, yet that happened, and if they'd showed it, the LAST thing anybody'd be talking about is impaling or finger-peeling or being cloven in twain or heads being smashed with rocks or boiled in molten gold.

CaptainWacky

Is Daario even pretty? He's got a huge chin.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
He's odd like Cillian Murphy but not pretty like Cillian Murphy.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
He has some nice, angular features combined with a tight "ottermode" body, and long wavy hair. He's a typical romance novel cover model, just one size smaller.

On Jorah, now that I think of it, he's stuck with Dany the LONGEST out of any other character in her crew. They were both introduced (to the audience and to eachother) in the same episode. Seriously, friendzoned 4 life.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
YOU DONT HAVE A UTERUS MAN YOU DONT KNOW

But seriously...yeah, I'd have to say it's just a little more fucked up. It was, in its way, like watching a baby's brains get dashed against a wall. When the stabber goes straight for the fetus and not the woman (although it's obviously intentional that she will be joining it in death,) there's an extra layer of horror; of "fuck you, fuck your ilk and especially fuck your future", that a straightforward killing --even an exotic one-- just doesn't quite say.

Also, consider the male counterpart: we never actually saw R___ B___ filet Theon's junk, yet that happened, and if they'd showed it, the LAST thing anybody'd be talking about is impaling or finger-peeling or being cloven in twain or heads being smashed with rocks or boiled in molten gold.

Let's just face it, this show has delivered us some incredibly gruesome and inventive murders and casual deaths.

Besides what you listed, there are an ice avalanche killing a dozen or so wildlings, huge green fireball annihilating an entire flotilla and army, dire wolves tearing people to shreds, beheadings, a Saint Sebastian homage, gored by a boar, being burned alive at the stake, skewered with spears, and the list goes on and on.

CaptainWacky

Jorah is like three times Dany's age, used to spy on her for Varys, and tried to sell poachers into slavery (something Dany isn't a fan of!) He still falls on the "good" side on the whole, but he's not exactly the perfect man for her either.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Doesn't stop him from trying to impress her and win her affections. Then be noticeably crushed when she inadvertently spurns his advances.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
[YOUTUBE]eeuBm2CJF24[/YOUTUBE]

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
GRRM was on Conan last night. The little IMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.