Game of Thrones (live feed - Spoilers)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Catelyn isn't very popular with fans, as I recall...

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
UPDATE:
Jon Snow meets the singing King beyond the wall - What was he digging for?
Tyrion wakes up with no nose and realises his father is a complete twat (What took him so long?)
Arya still lost with HOT PIE (what a name)
Dany still wanking the dragons sperm and drinking it

He is dragging it out a bit at the moment, but I am sure there will be pain and misery soon.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
That ole dragon sperm gag again.

CaptainWacky

I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL WHAT HAPPENS SOON...

HOT PIE is awesome.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Robb decides to marry some young wench
Jamie Spunksister is captured by THE BLOODY MUMMERS (love that name)
Arya thought she was safe, now being held ransom by relatively nice people (relative in Fire and Ice terms is still hardly pleasant)
Bran is heading over the Mountains to the Wall (HODOR! HODOR! HODOR!)
Catelyn is dull
Sansa is a bit dull
Tyrion told he might have to wed Sansa Stark
Dany meets the slave army (a nipple is cut off with a knife)

The funniest bit was how the train the "Unsullied" slave army. Basically they give them a puppy as a child then make them kill and eat it after a few years, then upon completing the training they go out and find a baby, kill it and give a silver coin to the mother. (oh, forgot to also say they have their cock and balls chopped off)

I mean? What else do they have to do? Microwave a kitten? Club some seal cubs using a babies head?

CaptainWacky

HODOR!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I started reading Game of Thrones a couple of weeks ago after finishing Elric of Melnibone and needing something else to read. I had a vague recollection that it was the same series that Cassie and Wacky were banging on about so that sealed the deal.

Haven't had a lot of time to read it so far but I'm getting in to it and like what I've read.

I've been on a bit of a reading glut of late and will now hijack this thread with some of my recently read super awesome suggestions that you ABSOLUTLEY cannot go wrong with

30787598538127205896.jpg

Elric is one of the best antiheroes ever created and clearly the main influence for The Sandman as well. It's pretty fucking awesome.

57638649914797328888.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Name-Wind-Kingkiller-Chronicles-Day/dp/075640407X

Cannot rave about this enough. One of the best books I've ever read. It's a masterpiece.

65926757036645623666.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Devil-You-Know-Felix-Castor/dp/0446580309

Mike Carey's first novel and it's, yeah....fucking awesome!

ANYWAY YOU SHOULD READ THOSE TOO.

I will also chime in periodically with thoughts and opinions as I chomp through Game of Thrones and beyond.

CaptainWacky

Yes! And in a few months you can be as angry as me and Cassie that book five still isn't finished!

Elric is something I've heard about and vaguely wanted to read for a while, so I probably will sometime next year.

Not only have I read The Devil You Know, I've also read the subsequent four Felix Castor novels. SO I'M AHEAD THERE TOO (unless you've read them.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I read the Elric saga a few years ago, Menty. BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME TO!! They were really good books. I'm glad you're getting into A Game of Thrones, you won't be disappointed. GRRM is really fantastic. Well, you will be disappointed once you get through all the books and realize GRRM has been working on the 6th book for years and years and still isn't finished.

Now if we can get Mentalist to read Dune... READ IT.

CaptainWacky

FIFTH BOOK, MOFO.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
EXCUUUUUSE ME, CAPTAINWACKY. :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

ALTHOUGH Storm Of Swords is divided into two books (the UK paperback version anyway) so it kind of is the sixth book.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I am beginning to realise that we are building up to a fight between The Others (Ice) and Dany and her Dragons (Fire) but I could be wrong.

Dany has just burned the slavers and taken the Unsullied, which in the whole is a "good" act. This has been added to a number of other "good" acts which have turned her around from a vengeful expat in our minds towards a returning conquerer.

I am unsure what Dragons do when the world is peaceful, but still I can't help thinking that the various shennanigans with the Knights, Kings and Lords are merely the show opener. They are all either evil, vain or so full of honour that they become a caricature of themselves.

As the characters build, it is Jon Snow, Dany and Tyrion who are getting the most airtime in my mind.

CaptainWacky

Are you at "you know nothing, Jon Snow" yet?

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
It has been said two or three times, but not explained at this point.

The wildlings are just about to assault the wall...

MORE READING TO BE DONE THIS WEEK.

CaptainWacky

GET TO THE WEDDING

CaptainWacky

I just ordered The Name Of The Wind (and lots of other books so I might not read it for a while), MENTY.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
The "RED" wedding - unsurprisingly Robb and Catelyn are killed, frankly they deserved to die for being so stupid.
The "CHOKEHOLD" wedding - guess what? MORE DEATH as the Joffmeister chokes on his words.
Someone somewhere is leeching a kings bastard and using the blood to send "shadows"
Arya stumbling about a bit with Sandor Clegane
Jon Snow battles at the wall (GOOD EPISODE) then SLYNTYEYES arrives and causes bother
Bran going down a tunnel to meet the "Stone" something or other - could be interesting
Sansa escapes Kings Landing with Fingers, he shags Lysa (screamer) and Sansa is in bother again.
Tyrion tried in "court" Shae betrays him - goes to champions, as far as I can work out both Gregor and The Red Viper are dead - not sure. Tyrion in the shit. (The Dwarf actor in the HBO series looks good, can't wait)

Shaping up nicely, will have to order some new books soon. Georgie will have to hurry up and write more, the TWAT.

CaptainWacky

I forgot about Joffrey choking to death, lol.

There's only one more for you to read after this and it only has half the characters in it. :(