Game Of Thrones season 3 CASTING NEWS

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Here's a list of confirmed new characters for season three. There will of course be other new characters as well, these are just the ones listed in some magazine.

Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.
Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.
Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.
Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.
Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.
Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.
Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.
Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.
Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.
Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.
Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

AND we have the first of them cast: Clive Russell as the Blackfish.

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/06/clive-russell-cast-as-the-blackfish/

EXCITING, MAYBE.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
well he's good and tall like the character!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]rpSDSgChsaI[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

I can't believe they announced so many in one go, making this thread useless. :(

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
What?

First we need to say how fantastic the cast is - that's a load of posts right there
Then we need to enter a small period of self doubt as we think there might be too many comedy actors in the mix
Then we come around to them as moar videos are released.

Then I shall be contrary and pissy about one of them, maybe even claim Diana Rigg is an alcoholic or something equally stupid.

That's a template for a VERY FINE THREAD.

CaptainWacky

WILL THOROS OF MYR BE LIKE THIS?

[YOUTUBE]v654Jh5Z9uI[/YOUTUBE]

And he actually felt bad about this one...

[YOUTUBE]PFi8NOqgRus[/YOUTUBE]

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
did he feel bad about the Steve Martin one? I loved the Swartzenegger one.

If he moves into movies he should be asked stupid questions by someone on the red carpet.

I really loved the squished head thing he used to do. I still do that to people I don't like.

CaptainWacky

There was some controversy when Pennis asked of Steve Martin: "How come you're not funny anymore?" Martin subsequently cancelled all scheduled press interviews. Kaye later said that he regretted this interview for a while, but that "anyone who thinks they can improve on Bilko and Inspector Clouseau needs a slap don’t they?"

Well, kind of bad I suppose.

CaptainWacky

Iwan Rheon has been cast as Ramsay.

GOOD CASTING

CaptainWacky

Ciarán Hinds will play Mance Rayder, the King Beyond The Wall.

Never heard of him but people seem to think he's a good actor judging by comments.

CaptainWacky

It's only 225 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes and 41 seconds!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I hope Simon Amstell references his onscreen on/off boyfriend friend being cast in Game of Thrones if there's a third series of Grandma's House.

CaptainWacky

Dan Hildebrand will be playing the role of Kraznys, a slaver who sells the famous “Unsullied” warriors. The actor was seen most recently on Sons of Anarchy, playing Sean Casey. Hildebrand has worked with HBO before, playing both Shaughnessy and Tim Driscoll on the series Deadwood.

Ramon Tikaram will be playing Prendahl, captain of the mercenary company called the Stormcrows. Tikaram is a regular on British television, appearing in series such as Eastenders, Primeval, White Heat, and Casualty.

PRIMEVAL YEAH.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Game Of Thrones won the best long-form dramatic presentation Hugo award. SO THAT'S GOOD.