Gems from TeeVee

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The recent Don't Trust the B-whatevs thing has blindsided the Mine Field. And I hadn't even heard of The Finder before it got FOXed (or 'Murdoched in cold blood', whatever terminology you prefer).

So what's everyone been watching lately, old or new?

Aside from the obvious (Community, GoT, Sparty) I've been finally catching up with Fringe. I'm a few episodes into season 2, where the interesting main story arc is starting to feature more. I enjoy the freak of the week stories to an extent, but I'm hoping it kind of grows out of them eventually and just goes headlong into fan service.

Person of Interest is another one I'm following. It stars Jesus from Passion of the Christ as a sort of superhero in a suit, really (he's ex-CIA, where he learned how to have awesome fight scenes). Ben from Lost is his mysterious, wealthy boss, who's created a machine that can predict deaths by analysing internet data, camera footage, bank transactions, etc. Together, they fight crime. Like Fringe it started off by following the same formula every week, but now lots of early plot arc stuff is coming together.

There don't seem to be any British drama shows at the moment. :smfhuh:

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
yeah, I sneak in P of I when I can b/c of whatshisname from Lost. I like the premise that my paranoid friends who always told me 'Big Brother is watching' were right.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Is anyone else watching Awake? It's got Lucius Malfoy! It's actually much better than I thought it would be, so it will probably be CANCELED :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I've been watching Alcatraz but it's not very good.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Is anyone else watching Awake? It's got Lucius Malfoy! It's actually much better than I thought it would be, so it will probably be CANCELED :rwmad:

Yes. I initially started watching it for the alternate reality/sci-fi element but I also like the quirky cop drama element too.

CaptainWacky

Oh yeah I remember you talking about that (Cassie) and it does sound good but I watch enough things to fill my week at the moment.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
FUCK JUST LOST A LONG POST HAVE TO TYPE IT AGAIN FUCK.

I'm hooked on Revenge. It's like if Le Femme Nikita suddenly found herself in the middle of Dynasty. Good hybrid of action/suspense and glitzy soap opera. If you haven't been watching all along, you definitely have to start from the beginning. (Although last week's episode was a rushed recap of the season so far). It will be renewed, in case you're wondering if it's worth the time & trouble.

Cassie and Dave and I are discussing In Plain Sight over at rEFCL. It only has a few episodes left, unfortunately.

I've been keeping up with Once Upon a Time, but I dropped Grimm after a couple of episodes. (I think the rest of you did the opposite, lol.) Both shows will be renewed.

Also watching Nurse Jackie, The Good Wife, Shameless (US), RuPaul's Drag Race and of course Mad Men. Looking forward to new seasons of Merlin and True Blood. Trying to get caught up with Game of Thrones, we'll see.

You'd think I'd be watching Smash like a RABID GAY but I find a lot of it silly. They get some aspects of 'Broadway showbiz' right, but the rest is an awkward reimagining of MGM backstage musicals. But it is a better way to spot some of my favorite unknown NYC theater actors than sitting through a Law & Order.

I guess I like GCB, but I've fallen behind a couple of episodes which is never a good sign. I'm going to miss Desperate Housewives (FUCK YOU OK) and yes I'm sort of enjoying New Girl (FUCK YOU TOO OK LOL).

CaptainWacky

Oh yeah, I've heard good things about Revenge, but mostly from SAUSAGEMAN and he thinks Gossip Girl is good...so I didn't know. I think it's coming on E4 soon.

I've pretty much given up on Once Upon A Time after two episodes. The scene where Jennifer Morrison chopped down an apple tree. What the fuck. It was embarrassing. Sorry.

I still watch Grimm but it's not great and I could miss several episodes without caring. But I like the tone of it better than OUAT (it doens't take itself as seriously.)

ALSO TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE ABOUT REVENGE AND APPLY IT TO GAME OF THRONES.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I'm really digging "Lost Girl" on SyFy. I only started watching it because it came on after "Being Human" but I've stuck with it because the stories are fun, the actors are hot, and I've got a crush on at least three of the characters on the show. Fuckers.

I've been hit and miss with "NCIS" this year. I don't know what it is. I'm a huge Abby fan, but she's not been in it a lot. It's all Jamie Lee Curtis who is annoying as fuck on that show.

"Once Upon a Time" is still very enjoyable, and Sundays are big nights now that GoT's is back on.

And I try to catch "Raising Hope" when I remember. It's quirky like "Community" but doesn't get nearly as much attention.

When the hell does "Awake" come on? I see clips for it all the time at work and I have no clue what station it's even on. BAD TISI BECAUSE I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT JASON ISAACS WAS A HOT MOFO

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Awake is 10pm Thursday on NBC.

SAUSAGEMAN

Oh yeah, I've heard good things about Revenge, but mostly from SAUSAGEMAN and he thinks Gossip Girl is good...so I didn't know. I think it's coming on E4 soon.

I've pretty much given up on Once Upon A Time after two episodes. The scene where Jennifer Morrison chopped down an apple tree. What the fuck. It was embarrassing. Sorry.

I still watch Grimm but it's not great and I could miss several episodes without caring. But I like the tone of it better than OUAT (it doens't take itself as seriously.)

ALSO TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE ABOUT REVENGE AND APPLY IT TO GAME OF THRONES.

Revenge is the best non-Community show on network TV right now! It's half-victorian drama, half-insane off the wall "As my Japanese revenge sensei once said, 'As you were warned, revenge is a stoney path. Remember, inside the viper's nest, you must be a viper, too.'" (ACTUAL QUOTE FROM THE SERIES. FROM THE JAPANESE REVENGE SENSEI.)

Things I am watching, currently:
Revenge (BACK THIS WEEK)
Don't Trust the B----
Survivor
Gossip Girl
30 Rock (on probation)
Community
Mad Men
GoT

CaptainWacky

I'LL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I only watch the TV shows that other people online watch so people will think I am cool.

And The Adventures of Georgina Sparks, of course.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Was I supposed to list all the cartoons I watch?

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I saw John Nettles in a restaurant the other night when I was ACTUALLY IN JERSEY as well.

I feel this is relevant as I watched Midsommer Murders recently. I am also hoping to completely derail Johns thread by stimulating some Bergerac related debate.