Gems from Twitter

Florida Woman ‏@_Flor1daWoman 2h2 hours ago

Florida Woman Fighting to Keep ATV-Riding Alligator Florida Woman Is Fighting To Keep Her Fully Trained Gator Named Rambo Who Rides Four Wheelers - Barstool Sports

13540.imgcache.jpg

When RuPaul (his real name BTW) was a child, his mother was a strong, loving woman with a trucker's mouth. One of her favorite sayings was "You pussy mouth motherfucker!" -- but she meant it with love.

The documentary "Paris Is Burning" (1990) is a groundbreaking film that sheds light on drag performance and drag pageant competitions (balls), and it totally informs much of Ru's persona, act, catchphrases, and the structure of Drag Race itself. Basically, the two biggest influences on RuPaul's act are Paris Is Burning and Mommie Dearest.

So, this poor naive woman tweeted to RuPaul and asked if he had ever seen Paris Is Burning, because she bets he would like it. My GIF reply was but one of dozens of light-hearted bits of side-eye to the question after Ru had replied "I think i've vaguely heard of it."

THE END.

Why are social media sites now obsessed with putting the "best" messages first instead of letting you read things in chronological order?

Yeah, it's really irritating. I don't mind so much with Facebook because it's usually a load of old shit whatever order it's presented in, but on Twitter I'm trying to follow people's reactions to live events. I mean, that's the fucking strength of a site that lets you broadcast short messages and respond in real time to others. I'd be curious to know whether they're following market research, or if the powers that be have commissioned it, and then completely ignored it because they thought they knew better.

Craig Mazin ‏@clmazin Apr 13

Ted Cruz thinks people don't have a right to "stimulate their genitals." I was his college roommate. This would be a new belief of his.
47,269 retweets 59,231 likes

I became famous again. I recently had the winning tweet for #HashtagWars on @midnight.

XvwWJV0.jpg

(@midnight is the American show that the UK just copied with the new show "At Elevenish" OMG FOR ONCE THE UK COPIED THE US AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND LOL)

Back