Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genuinely Furious...

Sorry, i'm under alot of stress right now and I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I'm going to go before I make anymore of an ass out of myself.

Americas culture is so young that "new cultures" or crappy half baked minority festivals appear to have the same validity as established ones.

You also have the liberal guilt crap in abundance over there. This means that things such as Kwanzaa (note it translates to fruit - fruitcake more like) get given some kind of special place. They need to ignored just like Christians.

Jesus was born in the Spring time, St Peter just decided that the pagan mid winter festivals were a decent candidate for a hi-jack.

So fuck it, none of it is real, Thanksgiving is probably your most relevant festival.

I live in a house older than your country BTW. How freaky is that?

Karenga created a holiday for blacks. A separate holiday for blacks.

Sorry, but I have a problem with this sort of Balkanization. I don't think that deliberately creating a separate holiday for blacks is in any way helpful to helping end racism. It perpetuates it.

Morgan Freeman agrees, admittedly he was talking about a black history month, but the sentiment is spot on.

"You're going to relegate my history to a month?" the 68-year-old actor says in an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes" to air Sunday (7 p.m. EST). "I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history."
Black History Month has roots in historian Carter G. Woodson's Negro History Week, which he designated in 1926 as the second week in February to mark the birthdays of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln.
Woodson said he hoped the week could one day be eliminated — when black history would become fundamental to American history.
Freeman notes there is no "white history month," and says the only way to get rid of racism is to "stop talking about it."
The actor says he believes the labels "black" and "white" are an obstacle to beating racism.
"I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man"

WordInterrupted said:
Oh... good, I'm glad. I'm sorry, I do get a little carried away, but I'm so worried that all the brown people and black people and strange foriegners are polluting Western Culture. If we don't stop this "Happy Holidays" bleeding heart facist PC multiculturalism, the United States could become just another Third World Country full of poor colored people. We must defend the Sacred Santa Traditions of Western Civilization against the Liberals and Terrorists if it's the very last thing we do.

Wordin... Western culture is Entirely the result of "polluting foriegners".
otherwise, there would still be Navajo, Souix and Apache in charge here.
And Santa Claus came from Hallmark and Denmark.
Hello! European! Native home of the white man.

Both Morgan Freeman and 6 speak wise words.

To truly become one human race, we must de-emphasize our differences, and concentrate on what makes us the same. If we are constantly confronted with that which separates us, there is limited opportunity to acknowledge that which could bridge the gaps that exist among us.

That sounds a bit idealistic, tho.

To truly become one human race, we must de-emphasize our differences, and concentrate on what makes us the same.

This is exactly what the French have tried to do. There is no affirmative action in France, and the government doesn't collect any racial statistics whatsoever. They've tried to ignore race completely. You may have noticed that it hasn't worked out too well for them.