Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guns are boring.

Mandi said:
Trust me, you won't. Getting him to follow commands is like trying to teach a retard russian. Really hard and usually a failure. Like this one time we were in bed and.........erm nevermind

Unless it's a russian retard.

Can I try to teach you English?

The Question said:
No, I'm stating right out in the open that the information you cited doesn't explicitly indicate that.

Common sense should be enough to indicate it. It doesn't even really need any evidence for it to be stated as fact, considering the differing policies between our governments on gun ownership, and the general ease of procuring a firearm in the US compared to the UK.

Which only proves you two are arguing for the sake of it. Carry on!

The Question said:
No, I'm stating right out in the open that the information you cited doesn't explicitly indicate that.

Common sense should be enough to indicate it. It doesn't even really need any evidence for it to be stated as fact, considering the differing policies between our governments on gun ownership, and the general ease of procuring a firearm in the US compared to the UK.

Which only proves you two are arguing for the sake of it. Carry on!

Not the real Gagh said:

Everything that's stated as fact needs evidence to back it. Without evidence, it's only supposition, no matter how well grounded that supposition may be.

That maybe so. I still say it's common sense, coupled with the fact I live in the UK and know full well gun crime is a very rare thing here.

^^Yet that could be entirely more to do with differences in cultural mores than legislation. I'm thinking back to Bill Hicks' bit about "heeeewligans!" etc, etc. ;)

The Best Comeback Line Ever ...

Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day
and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning
guns and children.

Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you got to love this!!!!

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of a
National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US
Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop
visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:

So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys
when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD:

We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:

Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD:

I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:

Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching
children?

GENERAL REINWALD:

I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before
they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:

But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD:

Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

..................The radio went silent and the interview ended.