Guns, Heads, and stuff we aren't supposed to talk about

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
So. Image in my mind, for weeks, months now - gun to head - BAM - dead Hambil. Now, I have said before this image is complex and may not mean what it seems to mean on the surface, but, that said, I've decide to do some 'pre-planning'.

I mean, in TV it's always a 9mm right? I mean every casing on every show ever found after someone offs themselves is a 9mm? But, it just seems risky to me. I mean, a 9mm is kind of clean and small isn't it? (I am no gun expert).

I want the CSI to come into my room and be like "well, he shot himself in the head, we can tell by the lack of head. Over here, we have part of an ear."

I mean, I want a damn head cannon. I want no doubt. I do not want to be in s one failed suicide group meeting going "I don't know, I shot myself, now I have no sense of smell and I think the Tea Party has a point, and otherwise I guess I'm fine".

So what, gun experts (and I know you read this) should I use, to ensure that nothing is left to doubt?

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
You know, the least I expect from a person who thinks about committing suicide is that he invests enough time and effort to choose his way of doing it on his own. I mean, what if I told you a really messy and failproof way to do it, and then one day I log on to TK and see a thread where someone says you actually were dumb enough to try it?

whisky

Boobie inspector
shotgun should do the trick, not in the mouth though, you might just blow the back of your neck out, sever your spinal cord, and be paralysed.

Under the chin is a safer bet.

44 Magnum to the temple would also do the job.

Both these methods might hurt other people though, so maybe you should just leap off a bridge or tall building.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Surely you've got lots of medication lying about the place and an overdose would be much easier?

(Don't do it though.)

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Dress flamboyantly whilst attending a tea party rally before suddenly breaking out a guitar and try to organise an impromtu rendition of "sing if you're glad to be gay"

Death, amusement for others and your name in history will follow

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Yes I have lots of pills and stuff but I am looking for gun advice did I not say that or what OMG!?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
DON'T DIE, HAMBIL!

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Yes I have lots of pills and stuff but I am looking for gun advice did I not say that or what OMG!?

OK, serious gun advice here: don't use one for suicide. At least not when you've never fired one before, 'cause then the recoil will totally surprise you and you will most probably shoot anything but yourself.

Of course, I also agree with Cassie. I have too much fun replying in a sarcastic yet loving way to your spastic drunken posts, so I don't think it would be nice of you to die.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
I am not going to hurt myself. I just want to talk about it. Like sex.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Oh, ok then. Now my conscience is clear.

To me, shooting oneself always seemed to be one of the most, I don't know, difficult ways to commit suicide.
Of course, one reason for that is that in Germany, you can't just go and get a gun, it would actually require some effort (unless you're a cop or criminal. Or a criminal robbing a cop. Or you're me. Then it's as easy as pie.) I've already mentioned the recoil problem. Additionally, most people do have second thoughts, at least in the two or three milliseconds before they actually pull the trigger hard enough for the shot to be fired, so the aim will be even more off, resulting in membership of said failed suicide group.

Judging from what I know about anatomy, I'd say the best angle to make sure that you won't survive would be a neck-shot with the nozzle pointing slightly upwards so the bullet hits your Medulla oblongata AND your cerebrum. That still doesn't give a 100% guarantee that you're DOA, but chances are pretty high. Only problem with that is: I can't think of any scenario where you're able to properly shoot yourself in the neck.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Theres plenty of videos around of people shooting themselves, I am sure if Hambil studies them enough he'll get the hang of it.

I mean its not like theres a whole bunch of things in life that can kill you anyway, some people just got to check out early.

I got a hell of a lot more respect for those that live a hard life, than take the cowards way out

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It might be better to get someone else to shoot you, less likely to MISS.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
If you want serious advice about this Hambil, PM me.

Sadly, I've researched this extensively and was very close to doing it at one point.

This is not a joke.

Yub

Anachrophobic
Guns are a flat out stupid way to commit suicide. Try stuffing a grenade in your mouth and pulling the pin. That should work.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Slit your own throat.

SAUSAGEMAN

A fun fact is that suicides seem to be pretty resilient with regards to the actual method used. A few years back, Canada made it harder to get a gun, and gun suicides dropped by 30-40% overnight. The total amount of suicides was flat, though, suggesting that people just found another way to off themselves!

(Don't off yourself.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I think I'd use pillz, though I know that can backfire too. Using a gun or slitting your arms just seems inconsiderate to whoever has the misfortune of finding you. And hanging just seems wrong on every level. If it goes wrong, it could be really drawn out and horrific and if it goes to plan then whoever finds you has a horrible image stuck in their head forevermore.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
^I agree with Fuddle.

On a personal note, my mother had to clean up after a very close friend of mine shot himself in the head, and to this day she still can't talk about it.