Have you met Alexa?

Mirah

I love you
Well APPARENTLY back in September I was messing with Alexa's features and I set it up so that the morning volume is lower than the regular volume and the time it changes it 3:35 AM. But why it needs to notify me that its changing-a feature used to NOT WAKE EVERYONE UP in the morning when I am asking her a question WAKES ME UP AT 3:35 AM.
Fixed that.
I srsly thought I had a ghost talking to Alexa, which would probably make a good Halloween movie.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The ghost has tricked you.

Mirah

I love you
I left Alexa plugged in last night and at some point woke up and asked , "Alexa what time is it?" And she LOUDLY REPLIED! And I grimmaced.

Also, why don't I just have a clock or an alarm clock anywhere in my place? WTF That would just be easier.

CaptainWacky

I have nine clocks!

Mirah

I love you
I asked Alexa to play the music that I like to play and SHE SAID, "ALEXA IS STREAMING ON ANOTHER DEVICE"
No it isn't
No it wasn't
What

Okay, so I remembered that I can look on my phone to see what I've asked Alexa for today. I've done that before, I can check it out.
I see that I had some alarms set this morning, okay
and then I see my voice commands.
There is no answer for why she thought she was streaming on another device-
BUT WHAT I FOUND WAS THAT I COULD PLAY BACK MY VOICE REQUESTS

Mirah

I love you
I mean that shoudl not surprise me at all. I knew I could see what I requested, but I didn't think I could actually play back what I said.

My sissters and I just got done with this house sitting job for a family that was gone for almost a month. I used thier ALEXA all the time!

Mirah

I love you
Okay,
Also,
Sometimes I whisper to Alexa so she doesn't shout out her answers and I just heard one where I did that and it sounds so fucking creepy.

USUC

Trollzilla
If I say goodnight to Alexa she always has something sweet to say back.

Tell her to self destruct sometime. I haven’t done it but my son has and she starts counting back or some shit. I have issues with “streaming on other devices” periodically too but I don’t think they’re related to my son telling her to self destruct.

CaptainWacky

What happens if you ask her to define "love"?

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

I guess it's attempting to feel love that makes her explode.

The Question

Eternal
"Echo, your vagina is not a bicycle."
"Yes, vaginae are not bicycles."

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I hear it may have shit its pants today. Time to fire up BSG and rewatch it again. This is what the Cylons did to the defense grid.

Mirah

I love you
jim carrey GIF by Salon des Entrepreneurs

Mirah

I love you
I was checking the date today as something I was reading said "27th" so I said, "Alexa, what is the date today?" And she told me it was the 28th.

20 minutes later I see this tweet from Alexa. wTF

Mirah

I love you
Well APPARENTLY back in September I was messing with Alexa's features and I set it up so that the morning volume is lower than the regular volume and the time it changes it 3:35 AM. But why it needs to notify me that its changing-a feature used to NOT WAKE EVERYONE UP in the morning when I am asking her a question WAKES ME UP AT 3:35 AM.
Fixed that.
I srsly thought I had a ghost talking to Alexa, which would probably make a good Halloween movie.

WEll, we are back to Alexa snd Halloween movies.

Tonight I was talking to my sister on the phone and Alexa just turned on and started playing "End of the World" by REM. I mean I was listening to that on repeat earlier, so it isn't THAT strange. But at no point did i say "Alexa" in my conversation w/ my sister-until that happened.

So I went back to my voice history and listened to what she thought sounded like "Alexa" and "Play" and I think my sister was talking about her pets. But we both cannot figure out the Alexa part.

I unplugged her for now.

Mirah

I love you
From a post I made last year:

"Alexa add butternut squash, almonds and pecans to my Thanksgiving shopping list" Alexa replies, "Okay, what else can I add to your Thanksgiving Shopping list?"
I say, "One moment"
And Alexa says, "Okay, I've added one moment to your Thanksgiving shopping list"