Have you met Alexa?

The Question

Eternal
From a post I made last year:

"Alexa add butternut squash, almonds and pecans to my Thanksgiving shopping list" Alexa replies, "Okay, what else can I add to your Thanksgiving Shopping list?"
I say, "One moment"
And Alexa says, "Okay, I've added one moment to your Thanksgiving shopping list"
So that's her version of:

"Say good night, Gracie."
"Good night, Gracie!"

The Question

Eternal
Awww, g'wan home, yer mother's callin' ya.
:joker:

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
6a00d8341cca7b53ef00e55296c5258834-350wi

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Remember when The Onion used to be funny?

I clicked the link because the premise sounded entertaining and then...it was about as funny as a 2022 episode of "The Simpsons" or "SNL."

Mirah

I love you

I clicked the link because the premise sounded entertaining and then...it was about as funny as a 2022 episode of "The Simpsons" or "SNL."

HEY!
The only reason SNL might not be funny is because 2022 AINT FUNNY!

MODMAN

It still has its moments, though like The Simpsons its best days are in the rearview mirror (I think I stopped watching The Simpsons about 20 years ago).

As for Alexa ... I have not met her. I have met Alexis though.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yep. I'd put "The Simpsons" around 2004-2005. Kind of the marker was when they started just putting the Halloween episode whenever they felt like it instead on the night closest to Halloween. For SNL it was, for me, around when Norm MacDonald was doing "Weekend Update." Norm was funny, but that was about it. I'd watch until Weekend Update and then go do something else.

Mirah

I love you
Today my mom asked me to ask Alexa to play "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" by Ken Curtis

She is a fan of Gunsmoke.

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
Yep. I'd put "The Simpsons" around 2004-2005. Kind of the marker was when they started just putting the Halloween episode whenever they felt like it instead on the night closest to Halloween. For SNL it was, for me, around when Norm MacDonald was doing "Weekend Update." Norm was funny, but that was about it. I'd watch until Weekend Update and then go do something else.
That's pretty much all we've done this season is watch the recap of Weekend Update on YouTube. My Mom likes Michael Che... it's so weird...

Last edited:

The Question

Eternal
So did you get tired of using the USUC account, or what?