i'm so excited about this!!!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Season 5 spoilers

3IckVXq.jpg

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
This should be fun to watch, also I love Hailee Steinfeld!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I was all set to make an Alan Alda/Donald Sutherland joke, but Hailee Steinfeld has my attention.

The Question

Eternal
Looks like more woke garbage.

The Question

Eternal
i guess ronin is in this too but i'm glad hawkeye is finally entering the mcu

Hawkeye's been in the MCU since the first Thor movie.

Yes, I know what you meant.

What you meant is wrong. Technically and morally wrong.

The Question

Eternal
I’ll make sure to bring it up at confession this week.

If your priest has been replaced by a 20 year old girl who's somehow got decades more experience than the old man she's replacing, and who also happens to be a 90 pound super soldier with character shields, I'm sure that will be very Stunning And Brave of you. But there are a lot more of us who, frankly, have had quite enough of Rey, at this point, and wish she'd stop popping up in Absolutely Everything.

CaptainWacky

whisky

Boobie inspector
If your priest has been replaced by a 20 year old girl who's somehow got decades more experience than the old man she's replacing, and who also happens to be a 90 pound super soldier with character shields, I'm sure that will be very Stunning And Brave of you. But there are a lot more of us who, frankly, have had quite enough of Rey, at this point, and wish she'd stop popping up in Absolutely Everything.

Because what Clint does is the height of realism.

The Question

Eternal
Because what Clint does is the height of realism.

Of course it's not. But at least it's not a cliche, unlike the "OP Little Girl". I mean, that was pretty cool when it was Buffy Summers. Then it became River Tam. And, at that point, it was neither overdone yet, nor badly done, because Buffy and River weren't ridiculously OP, and they actually had character arcs.

Then they went ham with it and we got Rey "Skywalker", and whats-her-cooch from Terminator Dark Fate, Michael Burnham, etc, etc, et bloody cetera. "She-Jesus" with no weaknesses and no growth.

Surely I can't be the only one who's a little weary of the trope at this point.

whisky

Boobie inspector
So 70 years of strong white guys was fine, but 30 years of strong women is too much?

I watch commando once a year, lethal weapon and die hard could run on a loop for me, con air and face up will be watched every time they are on.

No amount of modern fiction takes away the heroes of the past.

And there are still gun ho male led action films out there, boss level and future war in the last few months alone.

Why worry about the shows and films you won't enjoy, just find the ones you will.

The Question

Eternal
So 70 years of strong white guys was fine, but 30 years of strong women is too much?

I think you're missing the point. A character like Rey isn't "a strong woman." She's flawless. That's bad characterization and bad storytelling.

Wanda Maximoff isn't that -- she's OP as hell, but she shows character growth. That's good storytelling.

Even with WandaVision, though, there was behind the scenes wokery at play. Stephen Strange was supposed to lend her a hand. Reportedly, they nixed the idea because the character is an older white male. That was the reason. They let wokeness shit up what was still a pretty good story, but one that would have led into the upcoming "Multiverse Of Madness" film much more logically had they not pulled that nonsense.

I don't have high hopes that they're not going to Rey Kate Bishop, nor that they'll restrain themselves from shitting all over Barton. They have established that trend, and I expect them to follow it, to the detriment of the characters and storytelling.

The Question

Eternal
~shrug~ If you don't care about good storytelling, that's your prerogative.

Some of us expect a little more for our money than lazy storytelling, though.

CaptainWacky

THE MONTH OF HAILEE is coming.