Hawkeye

The Question

Eternal
I’ll make sure to bring it up at confession this week.
BTW, just for fun, I checked on the original appearance dates of the Clint Barton Hawkeye and the Kate Bishop "Hawkeye."

Barton predates Bishop by 41 years.

Barton is Hawkeye. Bishop is appropriation.

The Question

Eternal
And I'm not even a comics fan. I just dislike people saying, "Here's the reeeal (x)!" when it ain't. ;)

:sarek:

whisky

Boobie inspector
I'm pretty sure sausageman has a better than average knowledge of marvel history.

The Question

Eternal
That just means he knew better. ;)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

MsxNDOQ.gif

CaptainWacky

JEFF IS SICK. :(

whisky

Boobie inspector
I liked the montage of explosions to explain how he went deaf.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Best production decision by Marvel since Black Heimdall.

CaptainWacky

I enjoyed it, Hailee was real good as Kate (don't know why they made her wear blue contacts though?) It seems pretty obvious that her mom will turn out to be the real crime boss but hey maybe it'll be a double twist and she won't be!

Renner is...Renner. He was fine but not super charismatic.

I like the music at the end when Echo first appeared.

SAUSAGEMAN

idk if it's the writing or the direction or whatever but I actually liked Clint in these two eps a lot more than in the Avengerses....

I also thought the flashbacks to the hearing loss was a fun gag

the flashback to Clint-as-Ronin just made me remember that Hawkeye wasn't a lot of fun in the movies

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Just finished the first one. I liked it!

CaptainWacky

idk if it's the writing or the direction or whatever but I actually liked Clint in these two eps a lot more than in the Avengerses....

They leaned into the fact that Renner always looks sad (he's got sad eyes?) with the scene where Kate is tealing him that grim sadness isn't cool anymore. I thought the LARPer part was kind of pointless when I was watching it but I realise it was an attempt to show he was loosening up a bit.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I am caught up! Well on this show, anyway.

It's a fun show so far.

CaptainWacky

Third episode was really good! The fight scenes were a ton of fun, the car chase stuff was really well done (aside from some obvoius greenscreen but I guess you can't really drive through New York shooting arrows everywhere), the trick arrows were amsuing and Clint seems a lot cooler than the movies! Echo's backstory was really well done in a short amount of time, Clint's deafness was used well (that phonecall with his son, aww), the dog is cute, Kate is cute, it's good!

Weird that they cast Kit Harington in this and Eternals as two different characters though.

(I know it's not really Kit Harington.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Good third episode, I liked the car chase, Maybe it was done on a version of the stage they have on Mando? I think Clint might be kidding himself when he says he is hard of hearing, not deaf.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The car chase was great!