Heroes and Dollhouse

I thought the season started out pretty good last year, but then got kinda bad. I just hope this season stays good.

Adrian Pasdar Let Go From NBC's 'Heroes'
By Nikki Finke | Category: Uncategorized | Monday November 2, 2009 @ 3:39pm

So I watched this show its first season, loved it, and then never watched again. (My inner geek was satiated.) Still, Adrian Pasdar's forced exit is surprising unless flying is no longer considered a cool enough capability. More likely is that the show keeps suffering lousy ratings because it never recovered from being interrupted during the writers strike. (Poor Tim Kring was collateral damage as well as his Heroes sequel.) Here are all the superheroes who've been axed from the series since Day One: Season 1 -- Tawny Cypress, Santiago Cabrera; Season 2 -- Noah Gray-Cabey, Dana Davis, Kristen Bell, Leonard Roberts; Season 3 -- Dania Ramirez. Given the failure of NBC network primetime these days, and Jeff Zucker's zeal to save money on shows, I wonder if the 4th season Heroes cast now will be whittled down to just people who can lift a fork from their plate to their mouth in order to save CGI costs.

UPDATE: I hear Pasdar will be paid through the end of the season. Very weird.
Good to know he won't go hungry.

Well, they did sort of kill his character off last season, so it was fairly inevitable that he'd have to leave. That or have yet another contrived resurrection (and Nathan had already had two of those). Pity, though, because he's a good actor.

Did you see the Hiro episode that aired this week? BEST Hiro ep in a long long time.

Nah, I stopped downloading it a few weeks back. I'll wait till it comes on the telly.

Did Hiro die? Or kill Ando?

No Hiro didn't die, but he is dying. There wasn't a lot of Ando in the episode, which was nice. I like Ando, but the comic duo thing was getting old.

I'm actually enjoying the storylines that are going on now. The deaf woman, Hiro trying to alter the past, Matt/Sylar and the creepy fair.

Everything except Claire storyline which, as ever, I find tediously dull.

Remember the days when we were so excited about these shows that all threads had at least one Booooooooooooone! or Mohinnnnnnnnnder! in them, regardless of its context?

I miss those days.

MOHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDER will be back next week. Doesn't look good for him.

What is going on with Mohinder? I can't remember. I don't like the carnival portion. I don't get it. Are all of the people there gifted? That part is not apparent to me yet. I like Hiro finally going back into the past to change stuff. The Sylar Matt thing is pretty cool. Explaining it to my sister who doesn't really watch the show, but watches just enough to know-priceless.

Mohinder was in the previews but not in the show, WHERE IS HE?

Yes, all the people in the carnival have powers. Samuel is the leader and he's trying to recruit new members. I don't know why he thinks killing off Claire's roommates will make her trust him.

Back