HEY CONCHAGA (Lost finale spoilers)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
No, I think Frank's fine. I mean, he just got hit with a big metal bulkhead door, moving at speed, propelled by thousands of gallons of water, with no conceivable way of escaping. I'm sure he's totally cool. In fact, I think he's gonna be the next Jacob.

:phprolleyes:

Don't ever roll your eyes at me again.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
It is bullshit, too. For the reasons you quoted. He had no conceivable way of surviving. The writers were really stretching belief with that one.

CaptainWacky

Yes, it's not like that's ever happened on Lost before. JIN MUST BE DEAD, HE'S NOT IN THE SEASON FIVE PROMOTIONAL IMAGES...oh, Jin's alive.

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
It is bullshit, too. For the reasons you quoted. He had no conceivable way of surviving. The writers were really stretching belief with that one.

Yeah, at the start of that scene when Miles started getting anxious, I was hoping he was realising that he was about to be on the other side of the famous outrigger incident, but the appearance of Lapidus quickly lead to a facepalm.

Further

MooGoo
Far more absurd shit routinly happens on Lost, I didn't bat an eye. Besides, he got one single grey hair for the experience, isn't that consequence enough? Anyways if he had actually died the finale would have been way different, he was totally integral.

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Far more absurd shit routinly happens on Lost, I didn't bat an eye. Besides, he got one single grey hair for the experience, isn't that consequence enough? Anyways if he had actually died the finale would have been way different, he was totally integral.

I think you might be confusing Richard with Frank, Moogsie. At least Richard was a likable character and kinda hot.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
I knew he wasn't dead. And for the past couple seasons, whenever they've stretched the limits of my suspension-of-disbelief, I remember when Hurley was standing about thirty feet away from his fast-food chicken joint when it got annihilated by a meteorite.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I knew he wasn't dead. And for the past couple seasons, whenever they've stretched the limits of my suspension-of-disbelief, I remember when Hurley was standing about thirty feet away from his fast-food chicken joint when it got annihilated by a meteorite.

Easily explained:
Jacob's touch of all of the candidates prevented them from being killed. At least that's how the writers explained it.

Yes, it's not like that's ever happened on Lost before. JIN MUST BE DEAD, HE'S NOT IN THE SEASON FIVE PROMOTIONAL IMAGES...oh, Jin's alive.

Jin was in the water, which was connected to the island. As we saw from the beach when Sawyer washes up next to Juliet, who is soaking herself in rum, you can see the wreckage smoking in the distance. That means that after Ben turned the wheel, the freighter came with the island. Again, easily explained.

Also, Sawyer and Jin have the uncanny ability to return ashore after their boat sinks. I'm just glad Michael didn't wash up, screaming WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA aaaa AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!

Yeah, at the start of that scene when Miles started getting anxious, I was hoping he was realising that he was about to be on the other side of the famous outrigger incident, but the appearance of Lapidus quickly lead to a facepalm.

Yeah, I really wanted to see who the shooters were in that outrigger incident. I kept waiting to see it.

Anyway, Frank should have been very dead. This is the one time where the mystery and lore were taken for granted. If he was so integral to the plot, why not have him kidnapped by Widmore (because if his sub were to sink, he'd need a plan B, right?) a few episodes earlier? He survives, escapes, and meets back with the rest of the crew a few days later. MUCH easier to believe, and he gets to stay alive.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I repeat:

:phprolleyes: :phprolleyes: :phprolleyes: :phprolleyes:
:phprolleyes: :phprolleyes: :phprolleyes:
:phprolleyes: :phprolleyes:
:phprolleyes:

whisky

Boobie inspector
The bulkhead doors impact must have been cushioned by his chest hair, and he's probably really good at holding his breath because as a pilot he is acomplished in going down.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Also, why is it that the other Sub survivors manage to make it ashore, have time to talk a lot, fuck eachother in the ass, run around in the jungle, become Jacob, and Frank is still in the water!? wtf?

Every part of his survival is bullshit.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Ok, heres the thing, Chesty got knocked out, then as the air left the sub (which was still near the surface at that point) the escaping air pushed him out along with other wreckage, he drifted to the surface unconcious.

The others from the sub were too busy saving their own lifes to bother looking in the water for him.

At some point he wakes up, and gathers enough strength to head towards some floatation devices, hes a bit concussed so is too disorientated to swim back towards the island, and by the time his concussion wears off, he is suffering from exposure to the sun and dehydration, able to do little but just wait for either rescue or death.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It might stretch credibility, but it was obviously going to happen judging from the lack of anyone commenting on his death. Fair enough being pissed off that he wasn't killed outright by that door, but don't act like it's a huge surprise. This sort of thing always happens in tv shows.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It goes back to the end of every Buster Crabbe/Flash Gordon reel in the 30s. He was as good as dead in the cliffhanger, and then next week, they revealed his incredibly unlikely escape.

Or, if they couldn't come up with anything, just show him running away from the scene, either dusting himself off or loosening the ropes that were around his wrists. Next crisis.

CaptainWacky

1) It's a tv show.
2) Jin was on the freighter when it BLEW UP. I mean they even put a CGI Jin standing on the deck when it exploded.
3) It's a tv show.
4) There was still a big fucking PLANE sitting on the other island which was obviously going to play into the finale and Frank is a pilot.
5) It's a tv show.
6) Dual is at least bisexual.
7) Chest hair.
8) :phprolleyes: :phprolleyes: :phprolleyes: :phprolleyes: :phprolleyes: :phprolleyes: :phprolleyes: :phprolleyes: :phprolleyes: :phprolleyes:

whisky

Boobie inspector
Plus, sometimes the island just wont let you die, at least until you have fulfilled your purpose.

Further

MooGoo
O I SEE it is the pilot you speak of.

It is too bad Sayid was not still around then, he could have figured out how to fix and fly the plane away all by himself in 5 min. He's better than Data. Not like a better character just better at fixing everything that crosses his path, rocks to replicators n stuff. But of course after that he probably would have flown the plane into the nearest building, cause that's just what people like him do when they are in planes.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
There's a yacht and Ben knew the bearing to get off the island. Therefore plane isn't necessary.