House got hit by lightning.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Huge storm yesterday and the house got hit. Sounded like a bomb had gone off. :shock:

To add to the fun and games my modem died on me and as it was a sunday I had to wait until today to go down town and buy a new one.

All back in working order now though.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Sounds like you dodged a bullet, could have been a lot worse for you and your computer.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I have a surge protector. Otherwise it would have probably fried the computer. It knocked all the power in the house out for 5 minutes.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Well that's pretty cool (it's okay to say that since nothing got fried).

whisky

Boobie inspector
Its funny that Menty's 21st centuary house is better protected from energy attacks than the 23rd centuary enterprise.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I thought this was about Hugh Laurie.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
But despite his near-death experience, he still remains a bastard.

CaptainWacky

Despite having about 8 near death experiences now.

Ishcabittle

when i was living in kuala lumpur, we lived in a house that was built over a tin vein. we had a huge, fuck all lightning rod on top of the house, 'cause every lightning storm that rolled by would take pot shots at our rooftop. there was one storm that hit our house six times in two hours.

i used to sit in the guest house, looking through the glass doors back at the main house and just hold my breath, waiting for the strike. when it happened, it was glorious. i often wondered why we couldn't build some sort of power storage facility under the house to harness all of those volts.

the shattering boom would rattle every window in the house - we replaced a lot of glass living there.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I have lost 4 modems to lightening, and one hard drive. My warranty will replace these things so I just say fuck it BRING ON THE STORMS. Then I shake my fist at the sky.

Ishcabittle

just like lieutenant dan (i'm surprised i spelled lieutenant right on the first go).

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Lieutenant Dan is my hero! NEW LEGS! NEW LEGS!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
ICE CREAM LIEUTENANT DAN! ICE CREAM!

(I used to shout that at random intervals during class back in high school. Ended up getting suspended for it!)

Dr Dave

pillzlol
I have lost 4 modems to lightening, and one hard drive. My warranty will replace these things so I just say fuck it BRING ON THE STORMS. Then I shake my fist at the sky.

Just don't go outside during a lighting storm and shake your fist!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I was struck by Lightning, once. At least, that what she tol' me her name was, before I got too "grabby" during the lap dance.

Wait, maybe it was "Stormy"?

CaptainWacky

I shoot lightning from my nose.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Once when I was living in the Federated States of Micronesia LOL I DID NO SUCH THING

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
When I scuff me feet on the carpet enough, i can use the super static to light my dog on fire.