How Catholics view atheism

Friday said:
Would you want a relationship with someone who has shown no desire to have one with you?

See, here's the problem, though, and the reason why atheists want proof before they'll believe.

Let's use a little analogy, here, between your average evangelical on the street and some dude on the street that says there's this really hot chick that likes you.

"Um... dude," you point out. "I don't see this hot chick you're talking about. Where is she?"
"She's -- " *wistful look* "everywhere, maaaan..."
"Uh. Right. Moving on, then."
"No, really! Dude, she's totally into you."
"That's great, but I don't see this hot chick you're talking about."
"Well, she left you a note, man!"
"Eh. How do I know you didn't write this yourself?"
"Well, 'cause it says right in the note that she left the note for you."
"I'm gonna smack you now."

Blindgroping said:
Ahh! Aren't you the one that says that One does NOT have to prove that things Aren't?

One day, I shall take you to a very fine party, and you and Satire shall be formally introduced. :P

Friday said:
None at all.
Alright you essentially state that in order to believe in God you have to... well believe in God.

And quit adding to your posts after you've already made them.

Would you want a relationship with someone who has shown no desire to have one with you?
Would I ever consider such a thing when I can't find any evidence, reason, or place for the Christian God in the universe?

Friday said:
Could it be that God is knocking at your door, but you refuse to answer?

But how can someone refuse to answer a door when they hear no one knocking?

He will not knock down that door. He is waiting for you to make the choice to open it.

But who in their right mind rushes spontaneously chooses to answer the door when there's no sound of a visitor?

Back